World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yay legendary research complete,....oh wait i dont even have my 1st.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
According to weights from simcraft. Yes, the recent patch notes specifically states that protection warrior is still a work in progress, so the results should be taken with some reservation. But with how much versatility and ac(yeah, you don't have to worry about this stat anymore, I just use it as example) override str, it's hard to see them being wrong unless something is incredibly wrong with their model. It's not like the prot rotation is hard.
My thought here is doesn't IP scale with str/ap?

Versatility is great for flat mitigation, but with the IP nerf I wonder if str stacking is better

velk

Trakanon Raider
My thought here is doesn't IP scale with str/ap?

Versatility is great for flat mitigation, but with the IP nerf I wonder if str stacking is better

Ignore pain is (28) * Attack power * (1 + $versadmg), so it basically double dips on versatility - versa multiplies the size of your IP, and then multiplies it again by reducing the size of hits being absorbed. ( e.g. a 1 mil IP will absorb 11 hits for 100k but nearly 14 hits for 80k )

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think he's saying double dips because it is a factor of ip and also reduces base damage taken. I'm just curious what versadmg realistically is as a number. For instance if it's 700 that's a lot different than 7000

I just repeated what you said.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
$versadmg is the damage and healing percent of versatility. If you have 10% increased damage from versatility, it also increases your IP by 10% multiplicatively. And then versatility also reduces damage you take by 5%.

You can see this "$versadmg" used elsewhere in other absorb spells:

Power Word: Shield

Shields an ally for 15 sec, absorbing [((Spell power * 5.5) + 0) * (1 + $versadmg)] damage, and preventing damage from delaying spellcasting.

I'm not sure why they decided to edit the tooltips of absorb spells only and not just edit versatility to say "...damage, healing, and absorbs...". Healing spells don't mention $versadmg at all.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
So I ran simcraft on my sp. Which is ilyena on anderhal and it kicked back to me that my stat priorities are int = mastery = crit > vers > haste? That seems way wrong

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
$versadmg is the damage and healing percent of versatility. If you have 10% increased damage from versatility, it also increases your IP by 10% multiplicatively. And then versatility also reduces damage you take by 5%.

You can see this "$versadmg" used elsewhere in other absorb spells:

Power Word: Shield

Shields an ally for 15 sec, absorbing [((Spell power * 5.5) + 0) * (1 + $versadmg)] damage, and preventing damage from delaying spellcasting.

I'm not sure why they decided to edit the tooltips of absorb spells only and not just edit versatility to say "...damage, healing, and absorbs...". Healing spells don't mention $versadmg at all.
I guess my confusion is how the numbers work out.

I've ready str is 1:1 with AP,so at 22k str that's 22k AP. At 10% vers thats

28 * 22k * 1.10 which is roughly 670k

How much vers = 1%?

I know Vers also reduces damage taken but given that example how is vers better than str?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Vers is not the primary stat anymore if you look at all the warrior logs. since warriors cant just IP to victory on heroic and *have* to have shield block up time for about 65% of the fight (maths out to a little over 22% haste). yes pure math says vers is better but practice shows haste/mastery is the way to go. if they decided to unnerf IP then yes versatility is the stat to stack

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I guess my confusion is how the numbers work out.

I've ready str is 1:1 with AP,so at 22k str that's 22k AP. At 10% vers thats

28 * 22k * 1.10 which is roughly 670k

How much vers = 1%?

I know Vers also reduces damage taken but given that example how is vers better than str?

Versatility rating converts at 400:1.

Honestly, I think that's too simplistic of an approach. There's other consideration like mastery, which enhances strength(but perhaps to a detriment in this equation) and there's the double dipping for versatility that's being left out. This type of stuff is exactly why simulators are made. Maybe I should go poking around their code to make sure their implementation is correct.

Sumdain x Sumdain x Can you link those logs? Is the spikes from having shield block down that bad? Might as well just get a druid then.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Prior to the IP nerf you could basically get away without using shield block at all. Definitely required now.

I guess the whole point of this was stat priority is not as cut and dry.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I ran simcraft on my sp. Which is ilyena on anderhal and it kicked back to me that my stat priorities are int = mastery = crit > vers > haste? That seems way wrong

If you notice, those are all instant cast. Im guessing you have it on high movement? Keep in mind that you're never at that percentage of movement in any EN fight.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Prior to the IP nerf you could basically get away without using shield block at all. Definitely required now.

I guess the whole point of this was stat priority is not as cut and dry.
I thought of the problem with your comparison. By using just ignore pain to compare strength and versatility, you're ignoring that ignore pain is never up all the time and that it's a 90% absorb. Both of those reduce strength's reduction versus versatility's always on reduction.

Of course no one is saying stat weight are set in stone. Context must be considered and that's part of the reasons I spent a lot of time rewriting the arms and fury action lists. Looking at protection on, it's similarly messy, requiring checks a human can't make.

But, when those simulations say strength is less than a third the value of versatility, the only so much you can write off to unreasonable action lists or a somewhat improperly modeled fight.

I really hope there weren't tanks ignoring shield block before the nerf, that seems poorly thought out.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
about the legendaries guys - if you play more, you will get them. That's pretty much it, the guys that poopsocked 1 character in my guild (and have logged like 6+ hours per day since release) all got one. Those that played less and that haven't spammed mythic+ as much have either gotten one or not yet. It seems way more tired to the amount of content that you do if you aren't super lucky to find one early. Like if you are around 840-850 and wonder why you haven't gotten one yet, you're just not playing enough

At any rate, I am progressing on mythic Cenarius and hope he will die this reset. My friend and former co-tank were also progressing it but started a bit earlier than us so they got their kill monday. They made a new raid for Xavius and killed him in 5 pulls... Good end boss

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
about the legendaries guys - if you play more, you will get them. That's pretty much it, the guys that poopsocked 1 character in my guild (and have logged like 6+ hours per day since release) all got one. Those that played less and that haven't spammed mythic+ as much have either gotten one or not yet. It seems way more tired to the amount of content that you do if you aren't super lucky to find one early. Like if you are around 840-850 and wonder why you haven't gotten one yet, you're just not playing enough

At any rate, I am progressing on mythic Cenarius and hope he will die this reset. My friend and former co-tank were also progressing it but started a bit earlier than us so they got their kill monday. They made a new raid for Xavius and killed him in 5 pulls... Good end boss

I'm 860 and have 20+ days played at level 110. No legendary. My buddy got his legendary off the last boss of the first instance we did when he hit 110. I've only ever seen three drop in my guild. One other dropped when I did the world boss last week. I haven't seen a single one drop for anyone else in any of the heroics, mythics or raids that I've done. They are exceptionally and arbitrarily rare.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Guildie got 1 on his first heroic - another has 2 now - got one on a normal mythic and another during raid - However all he does is his daily and the mythics he gets from missions - so about an hour a day if hat. Playing more just means you have more time to get lucky and nothing more - The system is dumb and not really any point in defending it. You will either get lucky sooner or later - thats all it adds up to. You can dungeon spam and get it faster or you can dungeon spam and be super unlucky and someone runs their first dungeon after 110 and get it while youve been doing it for 7 hours.

kitsune

I'm 860 and have 20+ days played at level 110. No legendary. My buddy got his legendary off the last boss of the first instance we did when he hit 110. I've only ever seen three drop in my guild. One other dropped when I did the world boss last week. I haven't seen a single one drop for anyone else in any of the heroics, mythics or raids that I've done. They are exceptionally and arbitrarily rare.

That does sound like you're super unlucky for sure. I have two characters at 872 and only one of them has a legendary, but the playtime on them is far from evenly split (one's at like 5 days at max and other at 10 or so). I doubt you'll still lack one when October ends though

kitsune

Guildie got 1 on his first heroic - another has 2 now - got one on a normal mythic and another during raid - However all he does is his daily and the mythics he gets from missions - so about an hour a day if hat. Playing more just means you have more time to get lucky and nothing more - The system is dumb and not really any point in defending it. You will either get lucky sooner or later - thats all it adds up to. You can dungeon spam and get it faster or you can dungeon spam and be super unlucky and someone runs their first dungeon after 110 and get it while youve been doing it for 7 hours.

I would never defend the system. I think it's garbage in the sense that you can get such a varying level of usefulness from them. I wouldn't mind the random aspect so much if it wasn't possible that some people got 2-4 while some still haven't gotten one. For reference, the legendary I got is the same belt Zyzz mentioned, the extra damage shit belt since I play as a tank I couldn't care less. I do like the idea of random strong drops though but they should have made way more passes at them and actually made them all useful. I think if you had a couple of legendaries that were all equally strong and all they did was change up your rotation or playstyle a bit it would be fine.

As it stands though, you either hit the jackpot or you get the selphuz shitpot