World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How do druids decide between ironfur and mark in environments where you're receiving both types of damage? That's definitely something I miss from warrior, ignore pain being the answer for both. And shock wave, typhoon will never compare.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
well you can reliably keep 3 rage spenders up at once on your druid so if you take both kinds of damage, 2 ironfur 1 mark of ursol otherwise just 3 ironfur? mark of ursol is mostly used when there's a special magic damage ability coming, like cenarius beam, ilgynoth beam or nythendra rot exploding. Not a lot of bosses atm do sustained magic damage

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i haven't had a problem with IP being dropped too fast, tanked mythic nythendra last night (woo 1/7 now!) and i had a decent shield up for most of the fight. i'm also 27% haste so the amount of my IPs are probably triple yours if you only have 6% haste....

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
i haven't had a problem with IP being dropped too fast, tanked mythic nythendra last night (woo 1/7 now!) and i had a decent shield up for most of the fight. i'm also 27% haste so the amount of my IPs are probably triple yours if you only have 6% haste....

Huh? How does more haste get you more IP?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
The Diablo experience is getting to me. WQ procced a tit-forged trinket for my Demon Hunter, ilvl 870. Obviously it had fucking crit on it which was the first downside but I thought waoh, 30 ilvls higher than what I have, surely it's an upgrade. Well apparently it isn't because my 840 versatility trinket gives 3% versatility which means my regular Shear is doing more damage with it, even though I'm losing almost 400 agility from not using the tit-forged one.

Isn't haste reducing the global cd aswell? You could spam more devastate and potentially get more Slam procs I guess.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, that would get you slightly more rage, but it wouldn't come anywhere close to the "triple" he mentioned. IP is largely fueled by incoming damage, which is why it's ok for warriors to be "rage starved" on easier content. Feels bad, but mechanically, it's ok.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Fuck you @a_skeleton_02. Just hit 865 with 2 legendaries equipped. Got three upgrades last night from a mythic + and normal EN, which means I won't see loot again for another couple weeks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The Diablo experience is getting to me. WQ procced a tit-forged trinket for my Demon Hunter, ilvl 870. Obviously it had fucking crit on it which was the first downside but I thought waoh, 30 ilvls higher than what I have, surely it's an upgrade. Well apparently it isn't because my 840 versatility trinket gives 3% versatility which means my regular Shear is doing more damage with it, even though I'm losing almost 400 agility from not using the tit-forged one.

Isn't haste reducing the global cd aswell? You could spam more devastate and potentially get more Slam procs I guess.
It's getting to me too

Really badly

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Last night was the first time I was queueing as a DPS for LFG.

Fuck that shit...my DH tank is instant, my Monk Mistweaver is instant, the Mage...36 mins and 48 mins.

I'm going to have to beg my healer friend to group up with me I guess. :)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider

yes haste drops the gcd, resulting in more devastates, it also reduces the cooldown on revenge and SS (its 7.1 seconds for me currently) which generates more rage, resulting in more IP. i am not saying i kept up IP the entire fight it dropped quite a bit but i was able to mitigate over 1/4 of my overall damage through IP. saying you lose a 700k IP through a single swing is not really likely unless your fighting Ursoc and taking the overwhelms and not utilizing your other cooldowns (demo shout,. shield block etc). I dont think our Mythic Nythendra logs are public but you can see our heroic logs if you search me, look for damage taken during heroic nythendra (i dps'd the rest of the instance terribly after that so ignore those). i actually mitigated a ton of damage on the heroic nythendra posted and i was trying to see how high i could parse my dps (using avatar, bellowing shout, str flask, dps trinkets) and still absorbed a ton of damage through IP - i parsed in the 88% bracket for warriors which is probably as high as i'll be able to without legendary gloves =/.

I'm hitting 2 million shields during the lust phase with shield slams and revenges (ultimatum + vengeance) due to how many shield slams you can push out with lucky devastate procs and utilizing demo shout which produces a ton of rage if you have your artifact maxed out (just missing thunderclap damage and stamina atm in artifact).

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Fuck you @a_skeleton_02. Just hit 865 with 2 legendaries equipped. Got three upgrades last night from a mythic + and normal EN, which means I won't see loot again for another couple weeks.

How is that fucking possible?

like seriously?... I've done Heroic EN three times total and normal once.

Don't you do Mythics?

I joined a guild that was 6/7 H at the time and they went 7/7 the night I joined, Maybe I'm being fed gear?