World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
Had a mini epiphany last night when I realized another reason I like enhance over fury. I've been calling the rotation frantic but I don't think that's accurate enough. The gameplay often feels like you're fighting your resources from overflowing. There are lots of times where you can't dump maelstrom, stormbringer charges, or boulderfist charges fast enough. It reminds me a lot of old school fury warrior(wtf do I with all this rage?! I can't dump too much into heroic strike). In fact, if they made lava lash off the gcd, that might be perfect. Well, maybe some more mobility too. I dislike that feral lunge competes with windfart totem.

Anyone missing that type of play, I suggest giving the spec a try. I'm not sure it exists anywhere else in the game. On that sort of side tangent, I'm leveling up a DK now because I want dps/tank alt that doesn't suck to play(sorry warrior). I like the look of frost because dual wielding usually means fast. Can any frost DKs comment on how similar(or not) frost plays to enhance? Specifically the frostscythe spec.

879 ilvl frost DK here with enhance alt. It plays very similarly but not enough to feel the same if that makes any sense. I love playing both of them and would switch to the shaman if I wasn't so geared on my DK. Blowing shit up with lightning and actually being able to move quickly is awesome. I pretty much only use frostscythe for m+ but don't really enjoy it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Probably because it is borrowing from D3 and not earlier editions.

Diablo 3 sucks shit because it took so much from WoW
and WoW now sucks shit because it is taking from Diablo 3

It's almost as if people wanna play different games instead of homogenized garbage.

Really though it feels like almost all of the talented people who created these games we used to love are long gone.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Diablo 3 sucks shit because it took so much from WoW
and WoW now sucks shit because it is taking from Diablo 3

It's almost as if people wanna play different games instead of homogenized garbage.

Really though it feels like almost all of the talented people who created these games we used to love are long gone.
Next blizzcon: World of Diablo.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
We were gonna make World of Diablo but then we felt that it was to dark so we added some faggot cartoon colors and took away all blood and pentagrams and this time Diablo is trans.

• 1Solidarity

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
We were gonna make World of Diablo but then we felt that it was to dark so we added some faggot cartoon colors and took away all blood and pentagrams and this time Diablo is trans.
Dhe is the proper pronoun.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
M+ has been a pretty nice way to extend 5 man content. You guys are pretty salty.

I don't see if anyone complaining about M+ being a bad thing? It does reek of greater rifts so maybe the complaint about Diablo3 in WoW applies to this but I don't think that was the intention at least not from me. It's more the RNG on RNG and them being nothing but speed runs. Overall I think M+ or just relevant 5 man content is one of the few positives in Legion.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Comment on it when you're trying to run 10+

*for deathwing

overall I like them but, like all PUGs in the game, it is a pain in the ass to find groups

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, it's definitely a pain pugging M+. I find that more a failing of the player base, not the game feature.

rad

Lord of Guk
879 ilvl frost DK here with enhance alt. It plays very similarly but not enough to feel the same if that makes any sense. I love playing both of them and would switch to the shaman if I wasn't so geared on my DK. Blowing shit up with lightning and actually being able to move quickly is awesome. I pretty much only use frostscythe for m+ but don't really enjoy it.

Started Legion with a BM hunter, main changed to Frost DK about a month ago.. back up to 870il and loving it but, holy hell is mobility total ass. Did heroic Odyn last night, if I had began legion with that fight I would have never rerolled, so bad.

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
Started Legion with a BM hunter, main changed to Frost DK about a month ago.. back up to 870il and loving it but, holy hell is mobility total ass. Did heroic Odyn last night, if I had began legion with that fight I would have never rerolled, so bad.

Seriously dude, odyn is such a pain in the dick, had a guildie crying about the DKs taking too much damage but when wraith walk is on CD and you don't have Aggramars stride you're pretty much guaranteed to get hit by shit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Should be able to "intercept" allies with death grip the same way the old warrior intercept worked (do warriors still have that?)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just make grip work like the pet's hook. If the NPC is immune, you travel to the mob.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

rad

Lord of Guk
Seriously dude, odyn is such a pain in the dick, had a guildie crying about the DKs taking too much damage but when wraith walk is on CD and you don't have Aggramars stride you're pretty much guaranteed to get hit by shit.

So true, felt like such a scrub. I lucked out and nabbed my legendary (belt) on this toon before the first research point even completed. But you gotta love sitting around wishing for a non-dps legendary before we (well me - 3 more weeks) can even wear two just so you have a standard quality of life that just about everyone else gets in some fashion baked into their class.

• 1Like

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
So true, felt like such a scrub. I lucked out and nabbed my legendary (belt) on this toon before the first research point even completed. But you gotta love sitting around wishing for a non-dps legendary before we (well me - 3 more weeks) can even wear two just so you have a standard quality of life that just about everyone else gets in some fashion baked into their class.

I have the belt for frost and unholy haha. Sucks, I got to 30 points in unholy, had the belt, then frost got buffed and had to switch. Just got to 31 points in frost and got the belt a few days ago.

Also agree death grip should work like the abom hook, it's not the best fix but at least it would be something.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
DKs definitely feel slow. Worgen racial is one of the reasons I picked that race for mine. Wraith Walk derps extra hard on just about any sort of geometry or inclination. And that's saying something for game where you're used to your mount getting stuck on the smallest of corners.

• 1Like