World of Warcraft: Current Year

rad

Lord of Guk
I have the belt for frost and unholy haha. Sucks, I got to 30 points in unholy, had the belt, then frost got buffed and had to switch. Just got to 31 points in frost and got the belt a few days ago.

Also agree death grip should work like the abom hook, it's not the best fix but at least it would be something.

Have you noticed a difference with frozen pulse? I'm really torn, obviously FS is a must for any mythic+. (Belt seems to help supplement this change from RA decently well when on boss fights). But it seems at times we're at odds when using the belt in OBRA and subsequently getting good return out of FP because often you're fighting against the rune regen. Do you use FP now that you have the belt with RA in raid environment? This seems like a pretty divided topic, just curious on your experience.

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
Have you noticed a difference with frozen pulse? I'm really torn, obviously FS is a must for any mythic+. (Belt seems to help supplement this change from RA decently well when on boss fights). But it seems at times we're at odds when using the belt in OBRA and subsequently getting good return out of FP because often you're fighting against the rune regen. Do you use FP now that you have the belt with RA in raid environment? This seems like a pretty divided topic, just curious on your experience.

Yep, I still sim/raid the highest with the belt and using RA still. Can Frost Strike like a madman to keep icy talons at 3 stacks without it dropping off and the belt helps with being able to spend runes on other abilities when otherwise you would be sitting there tapped. On my last mythic ursoc kill which has minor cleave I ended the fight at 384k dps.

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
I honestly don't use frost scythe very much as I prefer RA. My raid talents are 2233223

Forgot to mention, I don't use obliteration anymore as it's kind of clunky and don't notice any real gain over GA. I did two LFR ursocs and Nythendra to test it and both times I was higher with GA

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The class balance will never be perfect and I enjoyed most of the instances from this expansion so far, the five mans and mythic+ stuff was cool enough. I think the biggest thing that started killing it for me was the RNG on RNG. There has always been some RNG in these types of games but with giant loot tables and then hoping everything titanforges and sockets and/or hoping for legendaries it turns every piece of content even the WQ's into a slot machine. While some people enjoy that type of conditioned behavior running the same thing over and over pulling that lever over and over hoping to score big isn't that motivating for me. Running the same dungeon 500 times is also not fun since they extended this tail out hoping you never cross the finish line. I kind of prefer getting those BIS items and maxing out my character through effort and being done until the next set of content or moving on the another character. With legion though you are never done and even after running and pushing harder content you might end up end up with nothing as your slot machine never paid out. Meanwhile someone sifting through squirrel shit lands the jackpot and it makes all your efforts feel in vain.

To add on that I enjoy the Mythic+ stuff to a degree, the idea of harder and more difficult 5 man content is cool but it suffers because Blizzard seems to think the only challenge is gotta go fast so it just means load everything up and AOE mother fucker because this shit needs to be pulled yesterday. This ends up overly favoring certain classes and specs to the point you have to leave your friends behind, which I feel is a mistake in any MMO. I would much prefer harder content where pulls are challenging and you need to use CC and think about how to approach them instead of how much shit can we skip and how much can we AOE down.

View attachment 101894

Couldn't agree more with this. Just like when people used to complain with garrisons and all the daily "chores" they put a prettier bow on it in the form of WQs and get you still to tune in (in hopes of legendaries from those caches, order resources etc). The RNG is what really does it for me, an example: the other fellow arms warrior parsed at 335k on (H) Ursoc a week ago, this last week he lands at 433k dps. Nothing really changed. A fucking 100k dps swing because of the procs & other RNG-based stuff that happened.... Shit is frustrating.

We aren't raiding for a couple weeks because of Christmas so I'll give it till 7.1.5, but man this game is definitely tiring now. Feels weird to say it, but the last time I had legitimate extended (surprising) fun on this game was Siege of Ogrimmar.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I am enhance shaman, not hardcore, just casual -irl and stuff=fun not raid raid raid- my guild finally has ED reg finished and are doing it on hero. also do restore, the one thing I dislike with enhance and restore is the fact that we have no offensive totems anymore. got 30 pts. in my doomhammer 28? in my restore weapon(just about to unlock 3rd "dragon"skill.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Couldn't agree more with this. Just like when people used to complain with garrisons and all the daily "chores" they put a prettier bow on it in the form of WQs and get you still to tune in (in hopes of legendaries from those caches, order resources etc). The RNG is what really does it for me, an example: the other fellow arms warrior parsed at 335k on (H) Ursoc a week ago, this last week he lands at 433k dps. Nothing really changed. A fucking 100k dps swing because of the procs & other RNG-based stuff that happened.... Shit is frustrating.

We aren't raiding for a couple weeks because of Christmas so I'll give it till 7.1.5, but man this game is definitely tiring now. Feels weird to say it, but the last time I had legitimate extended (surprising) fun on this game was Siege of Ogrimmar.
I'd be interested in comparing those logs if you want to link them. I have a very hard time believing a 100k difference can be solely attributed to procs and "other RNG stuff."

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be interested in comparing those logs if you want to link them. I have a very hard time believing a 100k difference can be solely attributed to procs and "other RNG stuff."

Low parse: Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft
High parse: Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

A difference of 11 Colossus Smash uses, which is generated from tactician procs... Shit is retarded. Not much changed from those two logs, some minor ilvl increases, same Old War times. Better execute phase which can be procs as well.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm

I've varied from 330k-400k on Ursoc. Some of it was fight length because we're bringing alts and some of our team isn't taking EN serious anymore.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
some crazy EU fucker grinded out all 65 million AP of his weapon, 20/20 in the final slot. mythic+ grinding is for real

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Probably only has 3 legos, rng is fine tho nbd guyz!

They have 5, that was part of the post :p

Also, the person is very unhealthy I'm guessing: "As you'd imagine this took a lot of Mythic+ dungeons, 2067 completed in time, in fact, with 383 Darkheart Thicket, 818 Maw of Souls, 444 Court of Stars and then a meager number of clears for the other ones (64 VoW, 75 WoA, etc), and then there's probably a fair number of runs not completed in time to add to that! In case you were wondering, he has around 53 days played on level 110 and he actually already has 69 million AP at the moment."

I'm almost to 34 points on my BM weapon but fuck grinding that shit. Got to 34 passively easy enough.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Well, I guess I got my first legendary when I was wasted doing world quests last night. Missed it when it happened. Sephuz's Secret. Significant upgrade in the ring department, but obviously not the one I'd hoped to get.

3 days and 1 hour at 110 when I checked today.