World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Given the speed at which one is levelling (even without heirloom), you should probably consider getting a normal account.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Given the speed at which one is levelling (even without heirloom), you should probably consider getting a normal account.
I might, it's all the other quality of life fringe benefits I will miss is all. Having 301% on multiple characters, having a couple hundred mounts to choose from, having pets to pick from, having all the tradeskills maxed out, etc

I will spend at least $100 just on box sets also right? That just annoys me.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I might, it's all the other quality of life fringe benefits I will miss is all. Having 301% on multiple characters, having a couple hundred mounts to choose from, having pets to pick from, having all the tradeskills maxed out, etc

Can you RAF yourself to a Euro account?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Battle Chest is ?10
Cata is ?10
MoP is ?25
-------------------
45 Eurobucks.

Just ordered Cata & MoP myself after a 3.5 year break. The remnants of my old EQ guild are still around (well, 5 people or so) and haven't deguilded me over the years, so at least I have someone to talk to.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Battle Chest is ?10
Cata is ?10
MoP is ?25
-------------------
45 Eurobucks.

Just ordered Cata & MoP myself after a 3.5 year break. The remnants of my old EQ guild are still around (well, 5 people or so) and haven't deguilded me over the years, so at least I have someone to talk to.
Price drops are great. I might do this then.

Where would you suggest to roll a character looking for an English speaking guild raiding on Germany timezone?

spronk

FPS noob
i wouldn't recommend doing what you are planning, it will 99.99% play out this way: you will find a guild of people you think are cool, and work hard to level up and gear up so you can raid with them. You of course want to show you are independent so you will gear up solo, and playing with randoms in LFR/LFD will slowly suck the life out of you. Eventually when you have the right level of gear and start raiding, you will realize half of the raid is terrible, the other half is a clique that only groups with each other, and every week 1 person just stops logging in. After your 50th wipe on a boss that should be 2-shottable you will be filled with rage and wish Hitler had developed nukes so none of these people would ever have been born. The last straw will be when you finally kill Sha of Fear (Lei Shen, whatever) and the weapon you have wanted so long drops, but the raid leader gives it to the mage doing 30k dps because "she said she will webcam with me". The very next week only half the raid logs in, so its time to find a new guild.

you are too old for that shit, accept that LFR is your endgame and just enjoy playing like the rest of casual scrubs, soloing TK every week for al'ar and doing old raids x-realm with openraid for mounts, x-mog, metas and legendaries, shooting the shit with people and not worrying about how good anyone is playing because everything is rediculously easy. EU or US, doesn't matter, there is always shit going on during all hours for older stuff especially x-realm.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
i wouldn't recommend doing what you are planning, it will 99.99% play out this way: you will find a guild of people you think are cool, and work hard to level up and gear up so you can raid with them. You of course want to show you are independent so you will gear up solo, and playing with randoms in LFR/LFD will slowly suck the life out of you. Eventually when you have the right level of gear and start raiding, you will realize half of the raid is terrible, the other half is a clique that only groups with each other, and every week 1 person just stops logging in. After your 50th wipe on a boss that should be 2-shottable you will be filled with rage and wish Hitler had developed nukes so none of these people would ever have been born. The last straw will be when you finally kill Sha of Fear (Lei Shen, whatever) and the weapon you have wanted so long drops, but the raid leader gives it to the mage doing 30k dps because "she said she will webcam with me". The very next week only half the raid logs in, so its time to find a new guild.

you are too old for that shit, accept that LFR is your endgame and just enjoy playing like the rest of casual scrubs, soloing TK every week for al'ar and doing old raids x-realm with openraid for mounts, x-mog, metas and legendaries, shooting the shit with people and not worrying about how good anyone is playing because everything is rediculously easy. EU or US, doesn't matter, there is always shit going on during all hours for older stuff especially x-realm.
Yeah I am doing the second part. I might be too old for the 'drama'.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Anyone had luck pugging Challenge modes? if so, where are you hooking up with these people?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You could probably find people willing to put forth some hours and effort on Open Raid.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Noooo, those bastards nerfed Ra'sha's dagger!

1sec cast time, 30min cooldown.

I blame Hunters.

Cybsled

What was the abuse potential? Only thing it was good for was wiping a raid faster if things went to shit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ji'kun is fun!*

*when you're running it with 8 guildies leading the LFR on what to do after already clearing ToT for 2 weeks

The trash before him is god awful though haha

Rime

<Donor>
The Gastropod trash is the best trash in the entire game.
Going into LFR with a group that is clearly clueless, watching them all run up to the snail and instantly die, while you stand back and cackle. Priceless.

Dom_sl

shitlord
All but 4 people died to the first snail in my run.

This was the gist of the entire LFR run:

Tortos: Split dps on the turtles, no dps on the bats, no tank in melee range, 95% of all shell kicks were outside of his casting. 4 wipes on him.

Megera: Both tanks running in, not turning the heads, and the entire raid dead in 5 seconds due to frontal aoe. Split dps on every head for 3 wipes afterwards.

Ji-Kun: No adds killed for first run, half the raid falling off during downdraft on the second, 2 more wipes due to random shit. Thankfully when the 5-6 people in the raid that had triple digit IQ's got together, it was easy as shit.

I would have been frustrated if it had not been so fucking bewildering that it was funny.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can you RAF yourself to a Euro account?
Yes, but keep in mind some countries are not allowed to use RAF.
I know UK is good to go, not sure about some I know plenty of people are stuck and cannot RAF due to their address setting.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Price drops are great. I might do this then.

Where would you suggest to roll a character looking for an English speaking guild raiding on Germany timezone?
I don't have the slightest idea, might want to hit one of the UK servers. They are 1 or 2 hours off depending on if it's DST or not I think... not 100% sure about that.

I had fun playing to lvl 81 last night, then I went to Undercity and got my tradeskill upgrades... made me want to quit when I thought about all the tradeskill grinding I'll (have to?) do.

revvy

Trakanon Raider
Roll on any of the english speaking servers, they are still in the CET timezone and the players are a mix of UK, Scandinavia, Eastern European, Greek etc almost all raid groups raid at times designed for people living in CET. Plus then you get to experience European raiding at its finest - interpretation of accents on voice comms. There are no exclusively UK servers like there are French/German/Russian.