World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I meant my inactive followers but not having torpedo roll is awful. Although I'd say heroic leap is better.

Oops fell 700 miles at terminal velocity towards earth, better heroic leap last second and take 0 damage.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Disengage for hunters is great like that too. Last second saving grace.

Funniest thing is watching a demon hunter fuck up a landing. They JUST miss the ledge and they're grinding against the cliff side. lol

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I meant my inactive followers but not having torpedo roll is awful. Although I'd say heroic leap is better.

Oops fell 700 miles at terminal velocity towards earth, better heroic leap last second and take 0 damage.

Thats why I love sub rogue. I can fall from any height and not take any damage. It works out since I am always running off cliffs.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you don't play a DK, you aren't allowed to complain about movement.

On another note, has anyone used Raidbots

Seems like AskMrRobot. I wonder what the difference between those two and SimC are.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
If you don't play a DK, you aren't allowed to complain about movement.

On another note, has anyone used Raidbots

Seems like AskMrRobot. I wonder what the difference between those two and SimC are.

Raidbots is literally a "cloud" version of SimC. Handy for non-multicore having people. You'd have to pay up if you wanna run larger permutations on their farm, but for simple things it's probably faster to have them run it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Started watching my dodge %...

Hovering around 67% or so entire boss fights. If there's a lull I'll shoot up to 300% or something.

On some fights I was hitting 2000%

We'll be nerfed again

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Hard for a small indie developer to test their patch content.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Started watching my dodge %...

Hovering around 67% or so entire boss fights. If there's a lull I'll shoot up to 300% or something.

On some fights I was hitting 2000%

We'll be nerfed again

Huh? What happens after you go over 100% dodge? Do you go back in time and prevent the swing from taking place?

At 300% dodge do you have to spend years in the shop because you ran outta gold trying to fix your plethora of problems?

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was going to play my monk too but even though they're strong the clunkyness of the changes is what turns me off. Like, the potential to waste your ironskin brew by hitting them to early etc - I've never liked punishing gameplay like that. And then the 2pc becomes RNG because that's fun I suppose? Why not make it weaker but consistent

Instead I found a guild for my vengeance dh. Probably weakest still but at least I'm not dependent on RNG in my rotation. Jk random meta pops

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've been playing Black Desert with friends while waiting for tomb to come out and like.. I understand wow is on a very old engine compared to this game but honestly the world feels so extremely dead. Idunno, BDO just FEELS like an MMO, and while I enjoy solo grinding in wow (and I really love the Chromie scenario) it just feels so empty in comparison.

World Quests made the world feel a bit more lively again to me but I'm already kind of sick of the same 3 rotating quests we've had for the last year. Occasionally I'll do 'em but I could care less with the AK cap I'm not going to progress my AP in any way whatsoever anymore so no real point in doing them lol

Rime

<Donor>
I really, really, really wish they had not made Concordance so stupidly grindy/expensive for higher points. I know they do not want us to 'cap it', but a niggling part of me feels that I am 'slacking' when I do not bother to do WQs anymore (Only the pvp WQs, Emissary, and/or the trade skill ones). Half-way thru 57 and it costs 2,516,000,000 AP to get to 58. With the average AP token being like 18,000,000 (Many are 8-10m, big ones are 26m) there is just no sense of progression in it.

On the plus side, it is pushing me more and more towards just logging in to raid, then chewing through my Steam backlog.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Exact same situation here, I'm pretty much done playing the game outside of raiding at the moment. There's a lot of other more enjoyable games. I think I'm either 57 or very close to it and find no reason to keep grinding atm. The carrot on the stick was alright for a while, like it seemed unobtainable but mostly things were only 2 or 3 weeks away. Now it just sort of feels like things are a year or two away, why would I log on for that?

Still doing pvp towers tho lol

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I got all three weapons to 52 and just kinda stopped. I'm most of the way to 53 in prot now. I don't honestly see the point as the minor upgrade in concordance isn't worth the time invested. Maybe it'll be worthwhile when Argus hits and AK goes up again (assuming that it will).

I still do emissaries for the BLP but that's about it. I default to order resources now so that I always have enough on hand for the elite quests when they're up.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I barely got into the mid 50s before I said "Fuck it" - now I only do the zone Emissary if I still need that mount and log. (Oh, and the even more chances per day for Nomi to burn your mats).

It sounds like even the LFR crew will be done with Tomb for months before Argus shows up, so why should I give a fuck?

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing Black Desert with friends while waiting for tomb to come out and like.. I understand wow is on a very old engine compared to this game but honestly the world feels so extremely dead. Idunno, BDO just FEELS like an MMO, and while I enjoy solo grinding in wow (and I really love the Chromie scenario) it just feels so empty in comparison.

World Quests made the world feel a bit more lively again to me but I'm already kind of sick of the same 3 rotating quests we've had for the last year. Occasionally I'll do 'em but I could care less with the AK cap I'm not going to progress my AP in any way whatsoever anymore so no real point in doing them lol

Funny, I was just thinking about this while playing the new FFXIV yesterday. I think part of it comes down to the Michael Bay style design of the legion areas - everything is jam-packed full of shit trying to be super interesting. I fell asleep during the 2nd transformers because I had been watching explosions for literally 45 minutes. After a certain point if everything is cranked up to 9 or 10, that's just the new baseline. Any sort of atmospheric feel really suffers for it.