World of Warcraft: Current Year

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I have died way more times than I care to admin doing this. Best is when you do it near random people out in the world. Sometimes I'd just drop from way up and die right next to people for that "wtf" momemnt.

The worst is when you think you're doing well, and then you hit a hidden tree branch.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And counting hotkeys, the Druid actually has less than elemental shaman or WW Monk. Interesting.

• 1Picard

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The mod question is relative to how well you know the content. I enjoyed EN so much that I looked up everything on the zone so that I knew what to expect, when to expect it and what to do without any mod telling me. I dont have that same passion about Tomb, and I have looked up just enough to not be a complete drain on the guys. The point being, the raid game is playable without mods. But how much time and work is your average player going to put into each encounter in every raid is going to be overwhelmingly random. The fact is, its just incredibly advantageous for anyone to have a mod like DBM or Big Wigs.

Which, that kind of leads me to believe that.. Im glad I missed Nighthold completely. I can stand Tomb because I missed Broken Shore and we're on the ass end of Tomb. But questing in Suramar all that time, and then having months and months of raiding a zone that looked just like what I had been farming for months before that? Get the fk out. Tomb on the other hand just seems to lack inspiration and has very little imagination. We've been killing Demons for fucking years now and the zones just seem to bleed together. I just feel like Ive fought these bosses before. So in a way, Im glad that Demons will not be an overarching story point after this expansion. Theyre getting to be as bad as Troll Raids.

The upcoming raid zone has me hyped though. We've got Titans, Void shit is going on, Il'gynoth or w/e is saying crazy shit about a circle of stars corrupting Azeroth. Like.. Fucking finally, some cool shit. So I cant wait to dive into that crazy shit in 2 months.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean yeah sure, but you see posts all the time on the forums and on reddit about their guild imploding from not being able to recruit and a bunch of them quit instead of playing or transferring.

35€ to transfer a character (cross faction) or slightly less to transfer on the same faction, with good chances you're forced to leave behind a ton of alts that usually provide tradeskills etc. If the person transfering is unlucky and the guild implodes or whatever, he's lost the money without any gain.
I have 12 characters on my mian realm, 9 at 110 and 3 that are almost there. It'd piss me off to transfer and get screwed because guilds implode, leaders burn out, mouthbreathers in guild and so on and so forth.

I can see people doing it, but at some point you just say "fuck it" and go play something else or do like me and others and say "fuck raiding" and play super causal, pugging here and there.

On another topic, I level capped a paladin from 103 to 110 in a few hours compressed in a single evening. Heirlooms and invasions are nice together :D
Now grinding for gear and AP...that's another shitty story.

EDIT: the mod I love the most is GTFO, beats even DBM.

Last edited:

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
35€ to transfer a character (cross faction) or slightly less to transfer on the same faction, with good chances you're forced to leave behind a ton of alts that usually provide tradeskills etc. If the person transfering is unlucky and the guild implodes or whatever, he's lost the money without any gain.
There's also the point that technology has left the "server" behind. A good example is rare killing.

You're running around on Argus. You spot a rare, your addon brings a group looking tool... you join a group, rare dead, you disband... and you remain in that new instance. I did that 3 times in a row, jumping every time on a different instance of the zone, and not returning when I left the group. The only time I leave the instance is if it's PVP flagged; I'm returned to PVE (and have no idea what instance I am on whatsoever).

Basically, servers don't exist outdoor, servers are irrelevant indoor... what are we using servers for, except to allocate multiple Deneriss because 1000 of people want a variant of that name?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Haven't looked into it much. Does it do the same things, or does it just tell you to stop standing in the fire?
It starts screaming at you if you're hit by non-targeted AOE of any type. Cleaves, ground fire, etc... Very efficient.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Might have to grab that, then. I might switch to Bigwigs, too, as I've heard it's (still) much more lightweight than DBM.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Basically, servers don't exist outdoor, servers are irrelevant indoor... what are we using servers for, except to allocate multiple Deneriss because 1000 of people want a variant of that name?

That, and it forces people to pay for server transfers to join up with other guilds/their friends/whatever. More money in Blizzard's pocket due to the inconvenience of "servers". It's like the concept of long distance phone calls. Why do we still pay for that shit?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't think long distance calling has been a thing in the US for awwhile.

I tried BigWigs and had trouble adjusting so I had to turn it off, but might try again.

I know people use the money excuse for mythic raids but I can't imagine blizzard makes any substantial money off those transfers. Especially if it's top 1% shit.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
DBM and other raid mods are more to let you plan your movement to maximize dps, not really to tell you to move out of the bad. Next step up from that is having a good raid leader so you don't even have to look at any of those timers.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
DBM and other raid mods are more to let you plan your movement to maximize dps, not really to tell you to move out of the bad. Next step up from that is having a good raid leader so you don't even have to look at any of those timers.
I've been trying to call out more. Of course my own performance suffers the more that I do

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Don't worry man, my raid leader sucks too. He was ok when he was tanking, then swapped to a shadow priest and just straight drop off the cliff with calls.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm the opposite, on tank I couldn't call for shit but on warlock I have more of a birds eye view of the fight. I think I'm doing better

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Might have to grab that, then. I might switch to Bigwigs, too, as I've heard it's (still) much more lightweight than DBM.

It is more lightweight, but it also tends to be inaccurate on timers much more frequently than DBM. I can always tell when a raid lead has bigwigs instead of DBM cause he'll call out an ability that happens in 5 seconds (dbm will still say like 15-20) and then sound all surprised when it doesnt go off. and 15-20 seconds later, as per DBM, the ability goes off and they go "oh well it must have been delayed".

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WA is by far the most broken addon in this game right now for Mythic raiding. We have WA to call for innervates on people, we have WA that show you what line you must soak on Mistress, if you are ahead or behind on shields for maiden and mini-maiden. I don't know how Blizzard expects people to raid Mythic w/o WA. I'm sure top guilds have WA masters that customize all their shit.

A close second is AngryAssignments and/or Exorsus Raid Tools.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The server transfer stuff is deeper than just the money aspect. They have that hefty price tag on such a simple concept for a reason. Fear of that top 1% of the world would come together from the top 1% of every server and trivialize content much quicker than they could account for. Happening on a much larger scale than whats happening now with paid transfers. Second is the the fear that as it stands right now, that top 1% of every server is spread out among 6-7 guilds and they are literally carrying those guilds to success. If those players compartmentalize, then you have those 6-7 guilds in jeopardy instead of just that one 1% guild. Affecting more players overall. They know what theyre doing. As usual, they could give a shit if we like it or not because it may not be what benefits the overall game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also as shit as people give Hyjal for "low pop", a guild on our server got us30 KJ kill this week. Not us of course, 1/9M repping

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea we had an inside guy from one of the US top 10 guilds that provides us with some of their weakauras (i cant disseminate further) we generally kept it on the down low. But its pretty much required for world first kills to have someone that has a level 7 weak aura black belt. Look at Method's first KJ kill from Sco's PoV he had one to tell him when to use certain abilities at what times.

Normal or even Heroic are probably fine to do without WA's but i dont think mythic raiding could exist without it.

for Mythic Avatar we have WA's that tell people which soak they need to get into, which beam they need to stand in (and a countdown to when they need to stand in it), how long I have to move maiden from point A to point B, and when the other tank needs a taunt. the only thing it doesn't do is put markers on the ground (they disabled this during WoTLK i think).

• 1Solidarity