World of Warcraft: Current Year

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
The reason crafting hasn't fucked the economy in FFXIV is because the economy was already fucked by the lack of Gil sinks so there is rampant inflation that makes any potential impact of other things like tradeskills immaterial. Provided that one had a tank spec, you can farm max-level materia while getting the bonus Gil and dungeon Gil from just running a few dungeons every day.

WoW had only marginally solved this better right up until they added garrisons and then created roughly the same problem.

Cybsled

Housing is a pretty good gold sink. I had to drop 20mil for a medium sized house (i wanted a mansion, but didn't want to risk waiting til post 4.2 and getting fucked by whatever system they put into place that might put individual home purchases at a disadvantage). Mansions run 50mil range.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've won the fishing event before and gotten close to 1st a couple times. The time I won was when I was around the pirates in the Southeast corner.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
First 50 people "worldwide" to get 40 fish according to the WQ popup but people here said per region/battlegroup.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well that was stupid as fuck. It ended 14 or 15 minutes in, I was at 33/40.

giphy.gif

Rime

<Donor>
Order Halls are more lucrative than Garrisons ever were in terms of how much gold they output. Only difference is you have to spend a half hour on an Order Hall mule each week to top off their resources.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In all seriousness though if you have access to a high enough level druid with max flying it makes it that much faster. The shaman is nice for waterwalking but waterwalking potions (the draenor version) are dirt cheap or you can get the fishing artifact ability.

Instant flight form makes going from node to node much, much faster overall. 15 minutes seems like it should be plenty of time. It took me 5 weeks to finally win and each week the top 2 spots were claimed usually between 7 and 10 minutes in. Make sure to set your hearth to BB as well.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First time trying it today, won and got my heirloom. I'm pretty sure a couple beat me, but I didnt hear "it's over" or anything. Saw people turn in after me and he'd say tourney was over after each one, so I think that's the one winner per server kind of thing.

I just was on the north west beach of STV, worked my way up to that whirlpool thing had like 6 schools and as people moved in on me, I followed stream up to lake in north strangle to finish it out. Hearthed to booty bay and turned in.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If anything kills my fun this expansion it's recruiting. We're only 2/11m but some people man

75% of the people we trial are super pumped about joining then straight up those us with no reason ever given.

I'm 34 years old. I don't give a shit if you didn't like the guild, don't be fake faggot.

The other 25% of people are like ."I'm 1/11M but only looking at 4/11M because those bosses are easy" .that's a legit post I saw