World of Warcraft: Current Year

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
What’s the word on healers in BfA? Can’t decide which class to roll but I’m thinking I’ll do one that can heal since my friends have the other roles covered.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Easy fix for Spriests. Dots spread via abilities, similar to how Death Knight Dots spread by ability use. Change the way mobs are immune to status effects and put a tenacity bar that slowly decays in place of it. Mobs grow immune to a status effect placed on it repeatedly until it has time to decay. Mobs immune to a certain type of damage just take severely reduced damage instead of outright negated damage. Start going into the lore of a Spriest and attaching debilitating status effects onto their abilities. Mind Blast on a target with SW:p on it will automatically trigger Mind Bomb on the target and surrounding targets. Mind Flay is Single target but causes AoE damage like the spriests old ability. Mind Flay increases global cool down of all mobs abilities. Vampiric Touch still does its base life leech, but instead of the dispel effect - it now causes the mobs ability to regen mana or health to be lowered by a percentage. Shadow Word Death does its base damage, but puts a vulnerability to shadow damage on the mob. Void Bolt simply snares the mob (which you dont want them running from you while you're trying to beat the timer anyways) and Void Form itself just simply magnifies all your status effects power.

Bring the damage into where they think it needs to be and you're looking at a class that doesnt need the handicap of madness and one everyone will absolutely love without them needing to top the charts.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
... but in old god writing

.̢̠͙̬͎̜̓̋.̘̩.͓̘̫̤̙ͩͮ ͚̤̑̂̄̀͒̾͂b̲͚͕̤ͦ̿̏̔̓́ǘ̫͓͔ͮ͌̈t͍̝͖̜͍͓͜ ̯̥̳̰͉̖̈ͭͧͭ͒̍i̥͇ͦ̄͛̐n̖̯̗̭̞͇̓͊̍͑ ̙͆̉͐̋̍̍̔ơ̯̼̪̖ͪ͊̀̓ͦ̚l͇̼͈͒̉ͭd̙̘͇͐ͭͨ ͚̹g̹̙o̠͕̗̘͊̀͌̑d̺̣͇̓͑̐͆͢ ̭ͬͣ͑͑͒ͤ̊w̖̻̮̹̺̭̖̽ͧ̌̑̃ͤr̗̤̪i̛͍̥̎t̡̘ĭ̛̳͎̩̭̒ͬ̆͐ͅn̹̭͖̪̜͡g̟̠͓̽ͅ

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So definitely running Monk main and DK second. Burning the 110 boost on either mage or lock for ranged fun.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What makes you excited for Monk changes?

I love everything about the monk even if it's, "shitty." Don't even care about numbers or anything. Just a fun engaging class.

For DK I just love blood spec. Just want a ranged to play around with as I generally use monk for everything. DK as alternate tank spec and ranged for variety and dicking around.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What’s the word on healers in BfA? Can’t decide which class to roll but I’m thinking I’ll do one that can heal since my friends have the other roles covered.
I've heard that mistweaver monks are pretty powerful in the beta.

Rime

<Donor>
So, they 'nerfed' the Legion Honor/Prestige conversion to BfA Honor system already. Previously, it was around 25/50 = 250ish. Which makes sense, as you do not get any new rewards until 300. Now it is 25/50 = 125ish.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
What's the current state of healers for raiding / dungeons?

I'm thinking of playing a Druid or a Shaman for BfA.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We should be able to figure all this out before BfA launches. Should have 2-3 weeks of 8.0 before the launch.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Sometimes I level other stuff first, but I always level my hunters. Through the ups and downs and all the changes since vanilla it's just what I like best. Have pet, will murder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So, they 'nerfed' the Legion Honor/Prestige conversion to BfA Honor system already. Previously, it was around 25/50 = 250ish. Which makes sense, as you do not get any new rewards until 300. Now it is 25/50 = 125ish.

Yea but isn't honor shared across all characters now?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've heard that mistweaver monks are pretty powerful in the beta.

They are, but they also don't feel like Mistweavers anymore. They feel more like BC-era Resto Druids, at least that's how it seems to me.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If anyone has PTR installed, they could go check. I think they enabled the whole event in the patch yesterday?

There appears to be world quests once you do a certain amount of the story lines and I have not tried on a low alt but they are in darkshore so in theory even low level characters should be able to complete them which probably works a lot like the demonic invasions currently which are stupidly good xp to run through them each day.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
We should be able to figure all this out before BfA launches. Should have 2-3 weeks of 8.0 before the launch.

Yup the best way to get a real feel is when people do raids they had been doing but with the level squish and their own characters. Otherwise it is all a bit abstract and hard to really get a handle on. DPS is pretty easy just shoot the fuck out of a target dummy and check the logs. Healing there is more going on and its harder to judge until you are in a live environment.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep. But unless you have multiple 25/50 characters, it will not do much.

Actually it really helps for the people who just dabble as well. I derp around in pvp now and then with a number of characters depending what I am in the mood for. The highest prestige I have is 2 on a couple characters. But all of them combined works out to honror level 18 on the PTS. So it gave me access to stuff I would not have had with the old system. Its nice that you don't just have to go this is my PVP character and be stuck playing that for an entire expansion if you want to progress.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if this has been posted.

25% services sale atm (transfers, etc).
I wonder if I can get a race change now can I use it when BFA releases? Or do I need to use it when I purchase it? I want my warrior to be a Mag'har orc.