World of Warcraft: Current Year

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
This was only my 2nd class hall chest ever opened. Were there not supposed to be items in them this time? I definitely got an item last week. So did the 1k wakening essence take the place of the item this week?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's kind of amazing how many addons they broke. Even Tom Tom is not working for me...

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Man relics are all fucked now with the squish being so severe. My relinquished relic that was 910 last week boosts my ilvl by the same amount as a titanforged Antorus lfr relic... So they're essentially the same when last week the titanforged Antorus relic would have been a lot better. 910 ilvl on relinquished vs 935 ilvl on antorus... and now they're the exact same lol.

Last edited:

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Addon help - just returned last month when they had that free play weekend and got suckered in and bought the bfa and re-subscribed.

I've got most of my favorite old addons on and running, but had a question on what's the best to help get all the treasures and rare mobs. I was using DraenorTreasures, although with todays patch it is broken on the main map (still works on mini map, so yay).

Was looking around, is HandyNotes better? Or is there something else to use?

Also hoping Lightheaded gets updated, it's link to wowhead was super useful. But doesn't seem to want to work at all with the patch.

Thanks in advance.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Today is the wrong day to be asking about addons and/or upgrades. Wait a couple of days and check out the stuff you like. If it's still active, it'll probably either be updated or replaced with something similar.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Can't even log in, but the intro/cinematic was juttering and looking like hot fucking garbage for some reason

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So I can get loot from an Argus invasion boss once a week right? How does that work, is it automatic? I got a 935 last week for my first ever Argus invasion boss. Will I get another loot if I do an invasion now since reset?

Those that played Beta, did you do JC? The BFA designs have the same stats as Legion designs? Like Saber's Eye of ... gems that gave +200 to primary stats (now +9) from Legion are the same as the ones I see here from BFA, the Kraken's Eye of ... What's up with that?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I can get loot from an Argus invasion boss once a week right? How does that work, is it automatic? I got a 935 last week for my first ever Argus invasion boss. Will I get another loot if I do an invasion now since reset?

Yes raid encounters and lock outs reset on Tuesdays every week. So if you killed a greater invasion boss you can kill it this week for a chance at loot. As for the bonus roll token items, you can technically kill the same boss and use a bonus roll on them for as many bonus rolls as you have. This excludes Mythic since you can only complete one lockout.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yes raid encounters and lock outs reset on Tuesdays every week. So if you killed a greater invasion boss you can kill it this week for a chance at loot. As for the bonus roll token items, you can technically kill the same boss and use a bonus roll on them for as many bonus rolls as you have. This excludes Mythic since you can only complete one lockout.

Yeah I know Tuesdays are resets of course, but I don't understand Argus greater invasion loot. Greater invasions pop up randomly like Assaults right? I think I was getting the Argus invasions mixed up with Greater Invasions. I got a high piece of loot from the Greater Invasion last week, and was wondering if that is once a week, but from what you said I gather it is. So I just have to wait for one to pop up.

Also guys apparently if you sit at the black character select screen for long enough you should be able to get in (characters will eventually appear). have you tried that?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I know Tuesdays are resets of course, but I don't understand Argus greater invasion loot. Greater invasions pop up randomly like Assaults right? I think I was getting the Argus invasions mixed up with Greater Invasions. I got a high piece of loot from the Greater Invasion last week, and was wondering if that is once a week, but from what you said I gather it is. So I just have to wait for one to pop up.

Also guys apparently if you sit at the black character select screen for long enough you should be able to get in (characters will eventually appear). have you tried that?

Greater invasions are just another name for an outdoor raid boss. They are once a week and never move.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Haha logins are full, here's a queue -->

Finish queue -->

No realms available.

And nothing really crazy is happening today. I can't imagine how nuts BFA is going to be. I think A LOT of people have returned to WoW after the free weekend. I certainly have run into many, many others that returned the same time I did. And the game is so damn good right now I think many of them will stick around, at least until BFA. I'd be interested to see subscription numbers. I bet they are higher than they've been since before WoD.

Also, they've just made Legion free.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So I haven't been able to get in long enough to check yet, but apparently scaling in old raids is kind of fucked. As in much harder than it was before the patch.

I remember back after the first stat squish at the end of MoP, they added super hax damage multipliers for all the Vanilla->Cata raids, apparently they forgot to do it for the MoP->WoD raids this time.

edit: MoP->WoD, not Legion raids. They won't add any kind of damage hax for Legion raids

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So I haven't been able to get in long enough to check yet, but apparently scaling in old raids is kind of fucked. As in much harder than it was before the patch.

I remember back after the first stat squish at the end of MoP, they added super hax damage multipliers for all the Vanilla->Cata raids, apparently they forgot to do it for the MoP->Legion raids this time.

Yeah that's a bummer. Hopefully they fix it, because doing old raids solo has been a HUGE part of what I've been enjoying and spending my time on and I've been counting down the days until this patch so that personal loot is removed so I can get more than 1 piece of loot on MoP/WoD bosses. I've wondered about the stat squish and how it affects old raids because I missed the last two stat squishes and the stats are so small now I don't comprehend how old raids work.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Haha logins are full, here's a queue -->

Finish queue -->

No realms available.

And nothing really crazy is happening today. I can't imagine how nuts BFA is going to be. I think A LOT of people have returned to WoW after the free weekend. I certainly have run into many, many others that returned the same time I did. And the game is so damn good right now I think many of them will stick around, at least until BFA. I'd be interested to see subscription numbers. I bet they are higher than they've been since before WoD.

Actually to be fair, them doing the prepatch this way is to work out most of the technical bullshit issues that might arise now, instead of on launch day. Today's patch is basically the expansion launch, just with the new zones locked until next month. Legion launch was pretty damn smooth so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here.

As for today... you're probably better off finding something else to do for a couple hours.