World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Affliction is very shard dependant or else I have asstacular luck on Agony proc'ing shards for me. I do like how Haunt plays out for Affliction though. Fire and forget until it recharges whereas you have to babysit Shadow Embrace and

I absolutely despise the cooldown time on Darkglare (the trait needs to reduce this more or the cooldown needs to be lowered by a minute) and, like you said, the cast time on Seed is just cancer. I kind of wish Seed would do bonus damage if the target already had Corruption active, but I say this mostly because I play with Absolute Corruption. One of the reasons I don't like playing Affliction much is trying to babysit dots on multiple targets. (It's why I like Destro for AE far more than the other two specs.)

Yea the 3 minute CD timer is ass. Makes it so you just never really wanna hit it outside of boss fights.

Khane

Actually demon if your group is moving at a good clip in the dungeons wind up is not bad at all. Its only bad if your party is just jacking off between pulls. If they are taking things at a good clip you have enough demon core procs that you can rattle out shit really fast. I always felt the ramp up time in legion was shitty but in BFA I am finding it to be pretty good so far and thats with my shit level of item haste. The fact you only need 3 shards for a full hand of gul'dan and I have the felhunter proc for making it 1 shard/instant cast which is nearly always available once you are in fights is really pretty slick. I also have inner demons that means I can start dungeon pulls being able to throw out two mostly fresh imps to start stuff off AOE wise. I do like that the rotation is a lot more fluid now and what you cast depends on how you are doing for demon cores knowing when to save them and when to blow them.

Well the problem is when you play with good AE classes the trash dies too fast. It's rare that I can even get more than one HoG -> Implosion off. Just doesn't feel good. I really like Demonology though and hope it will play out better in M+ where trash is living longer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
The artifact power to get to a given level changes over the duration of the expansion? I remember reading somewhere that they were putting in that as a corollary to the 'research' from Legion in order to try and keep the values from going crazy high.

I realized today that I'm at Artifact level 16 and at with 12k more to go to 17 the weekly Island Expedition reward of 1500 seems paltry, not to mention the Missions for 147.

Everything is supposed to give the exact same amount of AP forever, and each week the amount of AP required to get to each level will be reduced.

Molten Core Raider
It is apparently possible to change between Pa'ku and Gonk? My wife chose the speed version and changed it to the flying bird thingy. I think you have to talk to the person who originally gave the quest or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is apparently possible to change between Pa'ku and Gonk? My wife chose the speed version and changed it to the flying bird thingy. I think you have to talk to the person who originally gave the quest or something.
Nice gotta figure that out.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea the 3 minute CD timer is ass. Makes it so you just never really wanna hit it outside of boss fights.

I was annoyed with that as well when testing affliction. that really needs to be on a 1.5 or 2 minute timer like the demonic commander.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All I want to know about this is: Does it turn you into a gnome if you queue as Alliance when you're actually Horde?

If it does, I'll never queue as Horde again. Murdering people as a gnome is what's best in life.

My BE hunter turns in to a human, complete with an up to date Kul Tiran style transmog.

I still have my AV teleport trinket which I was planning on using to teleport to the horde base, but they thought of that too. They even changed my "of the Horde" title to something else.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The more time I spend in Dazar'alor the more I can't help but think Blizzard is trolling us. Only the very top of the pyramid is considered a rest area and have you tried leveling cooking yet? The trainer is at the top of the pyramid but there are no vendors that sell any of the reagents you need for cooking up there. They are down at the bottom of the pyramid.

EDIT: Dammit. I guess there's another cooking trainer near the boat but wowhead didn't have him listed as a trainer when I searched. Fuckin pyramid!!!!
I thought the boat cooking trainer was the only cooking trainer. Fuck this city.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Pet battle world quests way too easy so far. I've done half a dozen or so, I think. Beaten all of them on my first try, often with a clearly sub-optimal team. I haven't really explored what other pet battle stuff is there, but I'm hoping for some Argus-style legendary pets to fight. Those were fun.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone know of a friendly heroic+ raiding guild on EU servers with relatively late raiding times?

I been looking for one myself, Silvermoon seems to be the server that has a fair few late night guilds, I am on Draenor Horde side cannot find any. I have been posting around but no joy so far

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
It is possible, but there's an issue with the quests if you change, including can't finish it (if changing from Pa'ku to Gonk) plus some phasing issues with world quests if it's in your log. I started with Pa'ku and switched it to Gonk (because achievements) but the quest won't complete because of either phasing and/or quest designer logic issues that came up from finishing Zandalar Forever.

To do it, you talk to the troll NPC that's by the stairs heading up from where the Pa'ku/Gonk altar is. Name is Chronicler Ash'tari. Right next to one of the Royal Guardian golems. Literally turn around from where the altar is.

This NPC also lets you change the nearby Vol'dun statue from Kimbul <-> Akunda. I think it's supposed to also let you change the Nazmir one (on the other side of the terrace) between Bwomsandi and Krag'wa, but it doesn't have a speech bubble for it so I bug reported that.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Curious why you felt compelled to buy BOEs in this case
Just had the gold to blow. I know it doesn't make a ton of sense, as they'll be replaced as soon as the raid comes out. Just feels nice to be maxed out nearly as maxed out as I can be for a couple weeks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
eh I get it, just was curious.

I'm only 321, hopefully this next week I can blow through some shit. Stuck with a 298 weapon because the weapon WQ was for a one hander and I can only use staves.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm probably going to switch to Destro for dungeon running for the moment. Both Demo and Afflic have too much wind up time for trash pulls. Seed of Corruption's cast time is just painful. Afflic can pull some pretty good ST damage though.

Destro is definitely the way to go right now. Aff will certainly have a place in raids and some situational high m+ though.

Khane

eh I get it, just was curious.

I'm only 321, hopefully this next week I can blow through some shit. Stuck with a 298 weapon because the weapon WQ was for a one hander and I can only use staves.

I thought you were a mythic raider? Can't even do Mythic 0's....

Qhue

Trump's Staff
unknown.png

Please tell me that this is some photoshoppery... If not -- what the actual fuck.