World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah. You look at that site, see which traits are best on the piece, then use raidbots to sim the piece + traits vs. your current gear.

Then keep everything cause who knows what the nerf stick will bring.

• 1Repost
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yeah. You look at that site, see which traits are best on the piece, then use raidbots to sim the piece + traits vs. your current gear.

Then keep everything cause who knows what the nerf stick will bring.
The Evocation trait for arcane mage initially ranked towards the bottom, now it beats out the trait that affects our primary spell, putting it at the top by quite a bit. Turns out I happened to be wearing a piece with the trait and effectively doubled that piece's value after reforging it (from an Azerite trait perspective, negligible overall). Fortunately my primary stat is so strong, ilvl always wins, regardless of other stats or traits, so I literally have no real choices. At the end of the day, traits aren't interesting or fun. Especially when their impact is actually less than 2% overall. Between the best traits and worst traits, it's the difference between 10200 dps and 10000 dps. I also can't stack secondary stats, every piece of gear has to be simmed, and again, hardly makes a difference unless the ilvl is higher. However, above ilvl 385 it starts to make a significant difference to have stacked mastery/crit, which obviously means fuck all right now.

schwy

Peasant
Revered with Champions of Azeroth, and at exalted I can get a 355 helm. Oh wait, got a 370 helm from the Warfront, so who cares. Professions? LOL

The reward structure in this game just feels so horribly broken. There's no rhyme or reason, just vaguely do whatever, and hope the game spits out an upgrade.

Personally, I think slapping choose your own difficulty on everything is a mistake. It screws up rewards, it screws up character progession. It should be "Do an easy thing, get a small reward, hard thing, big reward." Same thing with the amount of time you have to invest. That's how games work. You don't land on Baltic and start charging people 2 grand, you land on Boardwalk.

The amount of time people play won't change, just the way they play. Instead of logging in and doing whatever and praying to RNG, they log in and work towards something. RNG feels like shit, earning it feels good. Sure, harder content does give better rewards, but the core philosophy is still flawed. But whatevs, 14 year old game

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Revered with Champions of Azeroth, and at exalted I can get a 355 helm. Oh wait, got a 370 helm from the Warfront, so who cares. Professions? LOL

The reward structure in this game just feels so horribly broken. There's no rhyme or reason, just vaguely do whatever, and hope the game spits out an upgrade.

Personally, I think slapping choose your own difficulty on everything is a mistake. It screws up rewards, it screws up character progession. It should be "Do an easy thing, get a small reward, hard thing, big reward." Same thing with the amount of time you have to invest. That's how games work. You don't land on Baltic and start charging people 2 grand, you land on Boardwalk.

The amount of time people play won't change, just the way they play. Instead of logging in and doing whatever and praying to RNG, they log in and work towards something. RNG feels like shit, earning it feels good. Sure, harder content does give better rewards, but the core philosophy is still flawed. But whatevs, 14 year old game
This is literally not any different than it has ever been. Since when has gear from reputation been a real factor? They just now have items (two slots) at revered and exalted on all factions as an option for folks who don't actually raid, or get shit luck from Arathi or the warfront. Folks raiding and running m+ won't care. You still need to do actual content for rings and trinkets, which is why my rings are still 325...

And like mentioned previously, the gear is a means to an end. If you're not doing harder content, why do you care?

schwy

Peasant
This is literally not any different than it has ever been. Since when has gear from reputation been a real factor? They just now have items (two slots) at revered and exalted on all factions as an option for folks who don't actually raid, or get shit luck from Arathi or the warfront. Folks raiding and running m+ won't care. You still need to do actual content for rings and trinkets, which is why my rings are still 325...

And like mentioned previously, the gear is a means to an end. If you're not doing harder content, why do you care?

Shoudn't Reputation be a factor? More content is a good thing for everyone. Same with professions.

"But casuals"

Even the uberest of casuals could give a shit about the above, when they can kill a WQ butterfly, or do a Warfront and get better gear. So what's the point of this content? "Gear is means to an end". Absolutely, but my point is how wasted the amount of content in WoW feels. Pumping the difficulty up to +7 is all well and good. But why have a +7 in the first place. Or LFR, or 25. We're gonna get cock blocked, and difficulty should be the only cock block. Because that's a cock block we can overcome, and feels natural.

Normal dungeons. Heroic dungeons. Raids getting progressively harder as they come out. Casual, can't raid? You can progress in raids as far as you can, fall back on doing profs and rep. They take time, so you get the appropriate reward. Hardcore, you're progressing through Raids.

So, after typing all this shit out I guess you're right. Sonofabitch

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This video kind nails it for me with how I’m feeling about BFA. Still knocking around a bit, but haven’t got a ton of motivation to log in like I usually do this early into an expansion. I think there’s just something fundamentally fucked up with BFAs gameplay/reward loop at end game and I can’t quite put my finger on it. I really mostly enjoyed the leveling experience, zones, art, and music/sound production, but the systems don’t match the quality of the former, and the polish I've come to expect from blizzard isn’t there.

I’ll stay subbed though, and will continue playing casually but I wish this was better than it is.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Patch 7.3.5 - Zone Scaling and XP Changes

Levels 10-20 increased the required experience by +5% each level all the way up to 60%.
Levels 21-39 each are a flat 60% increase over previous
Levels 40-59 each are a flat 40% increase over previous

Past that the XP requirements are the same but you have wider options. Most players do NOT want slower leveling under 60 but Blizzard things and reasons.

Yeah. IMO leveling sub 60 is kinda slow. Leveling post 60 is still way too fucking fast. It's kind of jarring how you're done with an xpac's worth of leveling before you finish a zone or two tops. Don't get me wrong it also sucks when you want to just level up an alt quickly for alt raids or whatever. But i tried an alt just to redo some old content for the stories as i leveled (for some reason, i hate doing this at max level. I kinda like it when its around the same level as intended) but it's near impossible.

I kinda wish they'd do a flag/option setup similar to war mode/turning on/off exp or something where you can simply just reduce the amount of exp you get, or set it to "original" pace or something. So can still go quick as fuck if you don't care. or slow it down if you do.

I did 80-90 in pandaria before finishing the 2nd zone easily. and hit 98 before finishing the first zone in WoD. The game when you hit 78/88/98/whatever kinda tries to force the quest for the next xpac down your throat and makes you feel like "well, no point in staying here anymore" But just makes those next xpacs even more boring in their own way too cause you weren't ready to get there

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

You can't possibly get screwed that bad and yet still be putting enough time for revered or exalted.

If you aren't hitting 340 in almost every slot by the time you hit those faction points on an alt that just starts tomorrow then you aren't actually playing the game.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Leveling post 60 is still way too fucking fast. It's kind of jarring how you're done with an xpac's worth of leveling before you finish a zone or two tops.

You need to teach me your 60-90 leveling route because 60-80 is still slow as shit for me (slower than 1-60 by a decent margin imo). And 80-90 is meh too (though better if you choose Pandaria because of the treasures exp)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
You need to teach me your 60-90 leveling route because 60-80 is still slow as shit for me (slower than 1-60 by a decent margin imo). And 80-90 is meh too (though better if you choose Pandaria because of the treasures exp)

I think its more a matter of opinion when I say that. Pretty much though wotlk was 3 zones maybe when I maxed out? Fjord/Dragonblight and i think i did sholazaar most recently. and pandaria was just the first two zones before wod unlocked. wod was even quicker to get to legion content.

Now if my intent was to get an alt up to 120 asap to do an alt raid. it might feel slow. This was more speaking as someone wanting to re-do the story with a friend who hasn't played since wotlk and they felt like it just shuffled along too fast.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think its more a matter of opinion when I say that. Pretty much though wotlk was 3 zones maybe when I maxed out? Fjord/Dragonblight and i think i did sholazaar most recently. and pandaria was just the first two zones before wod unlocked. wod was even quicker to get to legion content.

Now if my intent was to get an alt up to 120 asap to do an alt raid. it might feel slow. This was more speaking as someone wanting to re-do the story with a friend who hasn't played since wotlk and they felt like it just shuffled along too fast.

Have you leveled a character after the 7.3.5 patch? It sure a shit doesn't sound like it.

• 1Like

schwy

Peasant
n82RKqK.jpg

Nfy866W.png

schwy

Peasant
nKzPHbC.jpg

Just look at the fucks given.None

"Fire resist? Uh yeah, that's a thing. Farm it you dipshit. It says so right there. Check out this watch, time is "Git Gud" o'clock. Roll a tensided die, 0-10, your a dumbass, grats

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Filthy casual here...what are all the alliance players on forums complaining about in relation to warfronts?

*edit* nevermind, I figured it out. As if getting to 320 ilvl is hard...in the amount of time it takes to afk and luck your way to perfect drops in the right slots you can easily get that gear mashing dungeons and WQs.

Last edited:

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Go into your keybinds in game and bind a key to "Interact With Target". If you wanna get even lazier you can turn "Click to Move" on as well and then just spam the IWT keybind once you have what you want to interact with targeted and the character will even move toward whatever it is trying to interact with.

This is also useful for grabbing the pig in Freehold coincidentally.

Looks like default is "z" - that works! Thanks bro.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Have you leveled a character after the 7.3.5 patch? It sure a shit doesn't sound like it.

Sorry it doesn't sound like it. but yes. I have. Thats exactly the character im referring to. a Nightborne warlock infact. Playing it as I type this. Not really sure where you're going with this question other than pointless hostility.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yup I was hoping it would be weekly but honestly it just makes more sense if it is tied to the area changing hands.
Hopefully, it resets when Arathi changes hands, and not just when your side gets Arathi. Otherwise, the whining about Horde getting free Arathi rares and warfront gear vs Alliance just the WB will be... loud.

(of course it averages over time... but the outrage will be real at first, and first impressions last)