World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So apparently on PTR they're saying Ignore Pain is being taken off the GCD, Shield Block refresh down to 16s from 18s, and you can block ranged attacks now?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
The sooner they revert all the gcd changes the better honestly. I hate how slow all the classes feel now adays

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wouldn't get your hopes up, 8 sec paladin mount was just a bug. I'm still dead inside over it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They also changed Guardian Druid's AE intimidating roar to an AE snare of some sort. Probably to make them more viable for M+.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Interesting it looks like there is a dubloon vendor on PTR that sells various rep items/cosmetic items/pets/toys and a mount for dubloons. I figured something like this would happen eventually which is why I basically stopped using them the first week islands came out.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So apparently on PTR they're saying Ignore Pain is being taken off the GCD, Shield Block refresh down to 16s from 18s, and you can block ranged attacks now?

iwarriors.gif
Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)

• Block Gives a chance to block enemy melee attacks. Requires Shields. Shield.

Protection

• Devastate A direct strike, dealing [ 32.99% of Attack Power ] Physical damage. Requires Shields Shield. Warrior - Protection Spec. Warrior - Protection Spec. Melee range. Instant.
  • Ignore Pain Fight through the pain, ignoring 50% of damage taken, up to [ 700% of Attack Power ] total damage prevented. Warrior - Protection Spec. Warrior - Protection Spec. 40 Rage. Instant.0.5 sec cooldown.
  • Shield Bash Bash the target with your shield dealing [ 79.95% of Attack Power ] Physical damage and reducing their damage done by 15%. If the target is casting, the cooldown is instantly reset. Generates 3 Rage. Requires Shields Shield. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Melee range. Instant. 10 sec cooldown. Requires Warrior. Requires level 40+.
  • Shield Block Raise your shield, blocking all melee attacks against you for 6 sec. These blocks can be critical blocks. Increases Shield Slam damage by 30% while active. Requires Shields Shield. 1 charge. Warrior - Protection Spec. Warrior - Protection Spec. 30 Rage. Instant. 18 sec recharge. 1 charge. 16 sec recharge. 1 charge.
  • Shield Slam Slams the target with your shield, causing [ 80.72% of Attack Power ] Physical damage. Devastate, Thunder Clap, and Revenge have a 30% chance to reset the cooldown of Shield Slam. Generates 15 Rage. Requires Shields Shield. Warrior - Protection Spec. Warrior - Protection Spec. Melee range. Instant. 9 sec cooldown.
  • Vanguard Hardened by battle, your Stamina is increased by 40% 45%, and your armor is increased by 50% 55% of your Strength. Warrior - Protection Spec. Warrior - Protection Spec.
It doesn't state that ignore pain will come off the GCD but if so it would be nice. It still is unclear if it's worth using though and we still have some rage limitations. Even so it's some buffs to the class overall, and giving shield bash back would be a nice thing if it wasn't just a PvP talent.

Thing is they stated they were doing a complete class balance but from the above they really aren't doing shit.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
The sooner they revert all the gcd changes the better honestly. I hate how slow all the classes feel now adays

This can't be understated, surely there's enough data and feedback by now to revert this idiotic change. No one likes it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Mythic Plus Azerite Armor Vendor Now on PTR
Thaumaturge Vashreen is now on the PTR and selling Mythic Plus Azerite Armor caches and specific pieces for the new currency, Azerite Impurity. While we don't know the amount of Azerite Impurity rewarded from your mythic plus cache or breaking down pieces, we do know the costs on the vendor.

I guess this it really going to come down on how much currency we earn. The scrapping thing still sounds dumb since you will want to scrap your shit instead of trade it to guild-mates. Also makes you wanna run M0's for 340s to scrap. I guess we will just wait and see.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They said their aim was 2-3 weeks to afford a "mythic" quality item. My guess is that means a random mythic item (1250 item). So I wouldn't be surprised if you got something like 500/week and have to wait 6.5 weeks to buy a specific item.

I hope I'm wrong and it's shorter, but I doubt it. Everything has to be RNG to Blizzard, bunch of fucks.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm guessing it won't be too long, but I would imagine it becomes somewhat lackluster by comparison to the high-end loot that drops in the upcoming raid.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They said their aim was 2-3 weeks to afford a "mythic" quality item. My guess is that means a random mythic item (1250 item). So I wouldn't be surprised if you got something like 500/week and have to wait 6.5 weeks to buy a specific item.

I hope I'm wrong and it's shorter, but I doubt it. Everything has to be RNG to Blizzard, bunch of fucks.

Nah this will be correct. You will get 5 for scrapping/DEing azerite. 10 for a M+10 completion, and 500 from your cache. Then people will complain, rightly so, that this still fucking sucks and it shouldn't take 6 weeks to target a single piece of gear, and they will triple it in patch 8.2 and call the system a success.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Nah this will be correct. You will get 5 for scrapping/DEing azerite. 10 for a M+10 completion, and 500 from your cache. Then people will complain, rightly so, that this still fucking sucks and it shouldn't take 6 weeks to target a single piece of gear, and they will triple it in patch 8.2 and call the system a success.

The only ideas they have are shit ideas. 80 pieces of azerite gear for a 370 item? I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten 80 total, but I don't do Mythic anything. That's 4 months for ONE 370. They are basically telling every single casual in the game to unsub and go do something else.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Remember they said 2-3 weeks to get a random piece of azerite armor at a level appropriate to the m+ difficulty you achieve, so it remains to be seen what level of mythic they consider appropriate to achieve the 2-3 week goal for a random 385 piece of azerite armor.

If i had to guess I would throw out there that a +10 will get you something like 350 azerite impurity.

Last edited:

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm okay with it taken a bit long. I see it as getting my azerite from mythic raids but allowing me to "save" and buy a very specific piece for one of the slots based on how unlucky I have been OR which slot I could optimize for the best damage. I don't see it as a system for "gearing" myself, but more to provide me a way to target an azerite piece for optimizing my gear set.

Still hoping its not 6 weeks, but if it was 4 weeks id be okay with that.

Khane

Remember they said 2-3 weeks to get a random piece of azerite armor at a level appropriate to the m+ difficulty you achieve, so it remains to be seen what level of mythic they consider appropriate to achieve the 2-3 week goal for a random 385 piece of azerite armor.

If i had to guess I would throw out there that a +10 will get you something like 350 azerite.

It would only take ~10 keys at that level to get a targetted piece. You can do that in a weekend not even playing hardcore. A +10 will not give anywhere near 350.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It would only take ~10 keys at that level to get a targetted piece. You can do that in a weekend not even playing hardcore. A +10 will not give anywhere near 350.
I don't think you get any of the currency at end of dungeon chest, only weekly chests, which is what I meant.

Khane

Sigh, I just read the tooltip on wowdb and it doesn't include M+ end of run chests. Only DE/scrapping and your weekly cache.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Because then you would be able to farm it, and we wouldn't want that on an MMO.
just gather your weekly chances and spin that wheel!