World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
18 guilds are currently at 8/9. I don't remember the last time that many guilds were at the last boss before the tier was over. That's a good sign for run of the mill Mythic guilds, seems like you can expect to at least make it to Jaina in a reasonable time frame.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just want an NA guild to win something for once

except wildcard gaming because their guild name is fucking stupid

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
was one single player having a fuck up or lag could ruin a 6 minute pull for the entire raid. There was no recovering.

Sounds like Kael back in the day Thaddius in Naxx, 4H, etc. To this day I still don't believe anyone's "lag" excuse on Thaddius, I know every one of them just couldn't remember the difference between + or - sides.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't remember that being an issue much on Kael but definitely on Thaddius.

Maiden is actually just Thaddius on super crack, but much much tigther. It was kind of fun to be honest up until someone barely screws up and you die cause it's impossible to heal lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Sounds like Kael back in the day Thaddius in Naxx, 4H, etc. To this day I still don't believe anyone's "lag" excuse on Thaddius, I know every one of them just couldn't remember the difference between + or - sides.

You were either a fuckup or had a potato PC when it came to Thaddeus. There is no in between despite the excuses you might have heard from the same half dozen people every week. Still fucking amazed we managed to get an Immortal run in WOTLK, lost one attempt a few weeks prior on Kel Thuzad when someone's hunter pet fucking killed a mind controlled rogue. Holy shit the rage after he died was epic.

• 1Like

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I don't really have an answer for how to "fix" Mythic raiding. Fights should be challenging. If they aren't, Mythic just turns into LFR for decent players. Generally I want to look back on a raid and think it was fun. I thought HFC was a lot of fun (all of the WoD raids were really). EN was fun, but maybe too easy. NH and on got really frustrating with the many one person can fuck up a 6+ minute attempt mechanics. We weren't the best guild in the world and in WoD would hover around top 500. Archimonde felt like a really great achievement after a raid that was pathed and tuned to allow a lot of guilds to get at least some kills. I didn't really feel that way about any raid in legion, although I do think the expansion as a whole was really great.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tuned out again when everyone started comparing modern raiding to vanilla

I don't think they need to fix mythic tuning. They need to fix the rest of the game

• 7Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
lets not get ahead of ourselves, you need to go through arbitrary 120 levels of non-content first that doesn't teach you anything about how to play the game before they start considering fixing the gameplay

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get people complaint about mythic Uldir. It took 8 weeks for 100 alliance guilds to beat it. I forget what the Horde count was but it was like 200 or something. That seems fine to me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't get people complaint about mythic Uldir. It took 8 weeks for 100 alliance guilds to beat it. I forget what the Horde count was but it was like 200 or something. That seems fine to me.
What the fuck did you just say to me? It should've been cleared by the top 95% of guilds in the first 3 minutes and the other 5% should've taken 6

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I parsed top of my class on Warcraftlogs, and I've been involved in numerous server first and world first raids, and I have over 300 confirmed G'huun kills. I am trained in melee dps and I'm the top healer in the entire US raiding scene. You are nothing to me but just another LFR player. I will wipe you the fuck out with ganking the likes of which has never been seen before on Azeroth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my class discord network of raiders across the USA and your battletag is being traced right now so you better prepare for the spam, maggot. The spam that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, nub. I can be on any server, anytime, and I can gank you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my prot spec. Not only am I extensively trained in prot, but I have access to the entire arsenal of 2h weapons Uldir has to offer and I will use it to its full extent to gank your miserable ass off the face of Zandalar, you little shit. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to judge down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit judgements all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I haven't logged in enough for all my mailbox shit from my AH to expire which was at least a few million worth of shit. Plus whatever sold, I am tempted to put in a ticket to a GM to see if they will restore it. On the other hand I feel like maybe I shouldn't give a fuck and it's better to lose shit so I would be less likely to ever start back up.

Reading this thread doesn't inspire to me to ever come back though.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I haven't logged in enough for all my mailbox shit from my AH to expire which was at least a few million worth of shit. Plus whatever sold, I am tempted to put in a ticket to a GM to see if they will restore it. On the other hand I feel like maybe I shouldn't give a fuck and it's better to lose shit so I would be less likely to ever start back up.

Reading this thread doesn't inspire to me to ever come back though.
But you've been subbed from the start?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tuned out again when everyone started comparing modern raiding to vanilla

I don't think they need to fix mythic tuning. They need to fix the rest of the game

They're certainly not directly comparable...but when we start bringing up LONG fights that can have one person fuck over the entire attempt, there's more than a few that apply. Just that many more people (40 or 25) that could fuck it up back then.

Obviously the major reason people don't like BFA right now is the majority of the rest of the game being really bad...raiders would just be able to grind through it if the raiding was enjoyable.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

A lot of people are still subbed even though they quit playing simply due to tokens. I cashed out sometime in legion and have like a 2 year sub. Made most of the gold back already but I haven't logged in to wow in about a month and a half.

• 1Like

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
hahaha, Sjele is playing "Let it go" on infinite repeat on his stream while they throw themselves at jaina. First few plays you're like "hey, its a good song" after number ten it gets annoying, it's supposed to be a metaphor for the jaina fight, give us a taste of how mythic raiding feels.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
hahaha, Sjele is playing "Let it go" on infinite repeat on his stream while they throw themselves at jaina. First few plays you're like "hey, its a good song" after number ten it gets annoying, it's supposed to be a metaphor for the jaina fight, give us a taste of how mythic raiding feels.

Look a step further and it's a metaphor for the game as a whole.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Booze IIRC bought several years worth of tokens

Noodle is correct, I maxxed out my b.net balance a few times, bought extra games, gave away some games, gave away some mounts and pets and other shit, bought a few years of tokens for two accounts, and still have more gold than I will probably ever spend. Even so I lost a few million worth of items/gold by letting my mail box expire from not even logging in over 30+ days. On one hand I want to put in a ticket and see if they will restore things, which they can but won't always cooperate in doing so. On the other hand fuck it, why should I even bother.