World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The thing that bothers me the most about the most recent posts is that all of you are still talking about shit that I experienced at release or not long after release of BFA. I thought I may be missing some stuff, but fuck all if it sounds like it. :/

xzi

Mouthbreather
games just not good, but it's better than it was at release

(aside from raids those are always good)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The thing that bothers me the most about the most recent posts is that all of you are still talking about shit that I experienced at release or not long after release of BFA. I thought I may be missing some stuff, but fuck all if it sounds like it. :/
The base game isn't really going to change, they'll just add stuff.

Flying, some zone you gotta grind at the end of the expac etc

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So the new catch up island gear goes to ilvl 430? Seems like a solid plan, everyone loves raiding for gear that is equal to what some fag bot can loot from WQs

This is literally no different than the catchup gear drops on island content since Timeless Isle in MoP. They just put the upgrade items back in that they had left out in Legion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
And the initial 'catch up' is 385. You can (slowly) upgrade them. PTR guesses point at it taking 2-4 weeks of doing dailies to upgrade them from 380 to 430. No weapons, no trinkets.

So... it can help gear alts/new players faster, but it is not replacing raiding/M+/etc.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is literally no different than the catchup gear drops on island content since Timeless Isle in MoP. They just put the upgrade items back in that they had left out in Legion.
Most of the pieces also have some other effect when in that zone or the raid zone. So a bit more interesting useful than the timeless isle stuff but yes basically that is the niche it is going for and what they do.

• 1Like

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like the new upgrade items since they are bind to account. While Im grinding my neck from 50 to 70 and maxing faction etc for flying at least I can get some of them and mail em to alts who I will never raid on.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
And the initial 'catch up' is 385. You can (slowly) upgrade them. PTR guesses point at it taking 2-4 weeks of doing dailies to upgrade them from 380 to 430. No weapons, no trinkets.

So... it can help gear alts/new players faster, but it is not replacing raiding/M+/etc.
One reason I barely even try for gear. Few months ago 385 was end game tier now its just handed to players. I knew better to rush at launch and Then did warfronts one day at work for my entire shift and got full 340 plus the 370 piece in 7 hours.
No incentive really to raid hardcore at all

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You don't need to put much effort into getting heroic ilvl gear ever. It's available from a variety of sources including M+ if you run 10+ keys. I'm not a fan of gear resets but your example isn't a good one. You spent 7 hours mindlessly grinding some of the most boring content in the game to get LFR ilvl loot when you could have spent 7 hours grinding M+ and gotten 370 loot. The power difference between 340 and 370 is very substantial and acting like 340 gear was ever even remotely good outside of the first weeks before M+ and the raid were released is... silly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Everything is a lot easier on EU servers, even with Russians who's only English is "Hi", "MOUNT UP FOR SHROUD", and "HEROISM" M+ is a breeze. On NA any pug M+ past +6 has about a 75% chance to be a fucking nightmare depletion. People complaining about raidfinder and warfronts giving "too powa" loot is fucking stupid. Last week my huntard got a 405 (heroic raiding +5) galecallers from a +5 shrine...+5 is barely harder than a heroic dungeon and takes about 15 mins. The vendor sounds cool, but why would I save scraps for 2 weeks when I can run +8-10 on day one and get 435 in every slot, then one shot pug heroic in an "eletist" 435+ groupfinder group? The people that vendor is for are not "progression" types.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everything is a lot easier on EU servers, even with Russians who's only English is "Hi", "MOUNT UP FOR SHROUD", and "HEROISM" M+ is a breeze. On NA any pug M+ past +6 has about a 75% chance to be a fucking nightmare depletion. People complaining about raidfinder and warfronts giving "too powa" loot is fucking stupid. Last week my huntard got a 405 (heroic raiding +5) galecallers from a +5 shrine...+5 is barely harder than a heroic dungeon and takes about 15 mins. The vendor sounds cool, but why would I save scraps for 2 weeks when I can run +8-10 on day one and get 435 in every slot, then one shot pug heroic in an "eletist" 435+ groupfinder group? The people that vendor is for are not "progression" types.

If you aren't using RaiderIO for M+ in NA, you are going to have a bad time. Part of the reason RaiderIO is required for a good PuG run is because of the item level fuckery. Blizzard adopted ilevel as a gauge of progression/skill and then they went and trashed it with all the alternate ways of gearing and titanforge. Now, a much higher percentage of bads are able to get to higher ilevels, so trying to form groups based on it alone are going to be far less successful.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RaiderIO has its limits though, there's a lot of people buying / selling M+ boosts and it's not uncommon grouping with 1300+ rio clueless newbies who just buy their boost every week and not give a flying fuck about anything happening during the dungeon.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It is kind of funny how many people are defending bad design at this point. I don’t know if it’s just acceptance or not caring but their needs to be a carrot at the end of the stick for an MMORPG to be desirable to play.

When their is so many avenues for welfare loot at this point pretty much everyone agrees the only thing that matters is Mythic raids or high M+ keys for dick waving purposes.

Raid difficulty is skewed badly

LFR——Normal———Heroic———————————Mythic

And for what really? To see the same boss for the 4th time so it can drop loot that is worse often than the titanforged gear from Heroic and M+? Everyone hear defending Blizzard has said gear doesn’t matter at all and nobody can even tell you the item they are wearing because they are so fucking generic boring and they don’t even have tier sets.

At this point the only thing Mythic raiding is good for is maybe some transmog, achievements, and a mount. Even so mounts become less and less of a reward when they add 6,000 of them to the game. So given the reward vs effort is greatly diminished it’s no surprise nobody wants to bang their head into that shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm defending bad design when it's the best design on loot they've had in years. Non-RNG, non titanforging, grindable and upgradable. (talking about the new gear from new zone). It literally is the carrot at the end of the stick.

If you don't care about challenge, gear progression is the only other progression in the game. I don't give a fuck if some guy doing world quests for 4 weeks get a piece I can get out of heroic on week 1. The game isn't the same anymore and I'm surprised they haven't just done away with stats completely at this point.

I'd rather them do some silly shit though like crafters being able to make an entire set at mythic level, like engineering helms etc. Except every slot. And make them BoE to actually make crafting useful outside of Alch

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Boomkin feels just as good as legion.
No it doesn't. Not even close and Legion wasn't even close to my favorite iteration (save that for Wrath). There was a bit of precision in Legion, though. It's a lot sloppier in the rotation now with very little variability in cast rotations - at least where it affects your dps capacity. Little build up (not that I liked having zero quick damage options without having 3 things up at the time), but now it's just rolling buffs with rolling casts where you don't see much dps loss if you just face roll the keyboard. You have almost the same spells (though Starfall is fucking pointless now), but there's no meaning to any one spell as you just rotate between them.

I dunno. They tried to make it feel like shit mattered when you cast it in Legion, but a basic macro could handle BfA's cast rotation. For balance at least.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'd rather them do some silly shit though like crafters being able to make an entire set at mythic level, like engineering helms etc. Except every slot. And make them BoE to actually make crafting useful outside of Alch
That's not silly. Crafters should absolutely be able to create a self equipped item that is current max ilvl with upgrade paths for each patch. And require you to maintain that crafting skill in order to equip it so fuckers aren't rolling all professions on a single toon to have max gear. Though if it involved weapons or rings it would need some extreme requirements, or not even be an option given how gear stats are currently allocated.

To me that sounds a lot better than engineers getting a helm thats op at the beginning, but shit later, or having profession specific enchants that just become a basic requirement instead of nullifying a gear slot.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You mean like in Vanilla or TBC where you could get crafting reagents out of fucking raids and craft items of appropriate power like a fucking RPG?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Raid difficulty is skewed badly

LFR——Normal———Heroic———————————Mythic
I've said repeatedly, at this point Normal+Heroic has zero purpose. At best - at the very best - there should be only 3 difficulties. LFR to see the sight (and get your weekly kill quest, when there was any), "normal" for normal raiders, Mythic for hardcore.

And for what really? To see the same boss for the 4th time so it can drop loot that is worse often than the titanforged gear from Heroic and M+?
My guild when I was still playing was Heroic level, and after the first couple weeks, the core raiders were systematically handing off their loot since they usually had better. The joke was that "raid day" was just wednesday, since that's when they opened their M+ chest (it's reset day in the EU).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Normal+Heroic gives "content" for shit lords to take time to complete, while elitists spend 2x time in mythic. LFR is solo.

Sentiment gives rise to what devs are wasting time balancing for. Having so many varied tiers makes it a proper shit show, be it undertuned or overturned when they start underfunding and limiting dev time...