World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
62204872_2376319289115459_1667649386294804480_n.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still dont know why the two, (raids and Mythic+) cant coexist. A Mythic 15 is not like a panzy ass Heroic Raid. Once you're reaching those levels, you've put the time in to get there all the same as any major Heroic raid boss. You just have less bull shit you have to keep up with. But whatever.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
It can still warforge & titanforge. Running multiple m+ will be just as good now. Doing m+ once a week won't be nearly as good. They would still be better off getting rid of titanforging and assigning appropriate ilvl gear to their content, but this isn't that bad of a change.

Besides, they will probably change it mid way through the tier. It's just another way for them to limit the amount of gear available at the beginning of the tier.

Cybsled

All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the
right to be unhappy

Using that metaphor, gamers then got stoned and involved in an orgy, were ashamed they liked it, then killed themselves rather than admit it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Using that metaphor, gamers then got stoned and involved in an orgy, were ashamed they liked it, then killed themselves rather than admit it.

Soma is a hell of a drug.

To go even further there is an Island where people that don't fit in with modernity are sent to pursue their interests. Vanilla Island we'll call it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It can still warforge & titanforge. Running multiple m+ will be just as good now. Doing m+ once a week won't be nearly as good. They would still be better off getting rid of titanforging and assigning appropriate ilvl gear to their content, but this isn't that bad of a change.

Besides, they will probably change it mid way through the tier. It's just another way for them to limit the amount of gear available at the beginning of the tier.
Yeah I assume they will change it shortly after mythic is released. This is just so people aren't at heroic gear levels before the raid even releases.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
That has happened all throughout this expansion and most of legion? The weekly rewards for m+ are staying the same but the 10+ base loot being -10 from base heroic will neuter their replayability and nothing remotely close to what it was at previous patches.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They needed to address M+ rewards. Gear acquisition in general needs to be heavily reworked. We are drowning in too much gear, completely nullifying the enjoyment of receiving a piece.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'd settle for absolutely no warforge/titanforge or sockets, unless they're earnable as opposed to random

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should also stop giving rewards for failing a key, or at least give reduced rewards like one piece of gear or lower ilevel.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It would just be nice if Bliz could design dungeon content that it something other than "HOW FAST CAN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, I think the megadungeon is cool as shit coming out but the m0 is only going to last so long.

I think speedrunning has its place but I wish it wasn't the ONLY thing that was offered for dungeons

• 1Solidarity

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Whats going on with tanking? What happened to DKs being supreme in M+? Now its warriors?

Were they given a new ability or something? Were DK's nerfed?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I dunno j just googled it

people mistakingly believe that prot warrior’s power comes from their offense, which is false

if prot warrior goes live in 8.2 with nothing but offensive nerfs they will remain the #1 tank (in M+ at least) because they take so little physical damage and the vast majority of M+ damage is physical (usually through auto attacks)

410 ilvl prot warrior ~ 65% baseline physical damage reduction from armor (with 100% uptime) + block + critical block + shield block + IP

something needs to be done because prot warrior scales incredibly relative to other tanks because of haste fueling more rage gen which leads to more rage consumption which leads to all their major cooldowns reduced by anger management

guardian and VDH will still remain a joke even after all the cumulative proposed 8.2 changes, guardian is just a crappier version of prot warrior top to bottom, and VDH is just a crappier version of BDK top to bottom, and both of these disparities will remain huge even after the suggested changes

xzi

Mouthbreather
They're not wrong about warrior defense being super strong, but all of their power comes from their offense.

Warriors are pulling like 140k+ dps on big trash pulls with cds and about 70k without while every other tank maybe pulls 60k with 30/40k without. Every MDI warrior is full traited for offense only because they're basically a 4th DPS.

Which also means warriors have supreme threat over every other tank, though that doesn't matter much if you're rolling with rogues to give you tricks which every mdi is.

• 1Like

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
That makes no sense, if you went back to IP on GCD and tinkered a little with their defensive toolbox they would be entirely useless. Yes prot war has dmg to offer, but to say all their power comes from offense is missing a lot of nuance. IF other tanks were tankier or more offense oriented, in a meaningful way, this would be less of a problem. Right now prot warrior isn't too weak or too strong, it's the only option because the other classes do not come close to their toolkit of offense and defense - that's the problem.