World of Warcraft: Current Year

nisser

Trakanon Raider
It has been an arms race against addon makers since the game was released. I mean back in Vanilla decursive and whispercasts trivialized a far bit of shit and the devs back then simply removed the ability to do certain things. Nowdays the shit is so absurd we end up in a convoluted DDR fuckfest.

Here is Magmadar

• He's a big dog - he fears sometimes.
Here is Azshara

• lol
You hit the point beautifully lol.

Also, as an "Esports game" it's an awful direction as I can barely make out what anyone is doing.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So im sitting at work with a light workload, and time to kill. I have my Blizzard Launcher open and it says I can install WOW. Ive never once played the game. I assume this is a free trial period, then I can buy the game or some shit.
You can play until lvl 20 (but can't talk, trade, join a guild - I think - anything that would be useful to bots/gold sellers).

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All the last couple of pages sound like to me are a bunch of people who need to play better. Watching the Method stream at work while plugging away I heard Cayna come on. He admonished one of the casters for having herbalism. You can't min max with a gathering skill. He spent some time talking about all the little things that anyone can do to be better.

You guys make it sound like their ilvl isn't achievable by any scrub in the next two weeks. If the shit is overturned it's because you need to play better.

I raided mythic the last couple of tiers and I can for sure tell you my guilds didn't get cutting edge strictly because they played bad. The tuning didn't make a shit bit of difference.

• 2Picard
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
All the last couple of pages sound like to me are a bunch of people who need to play better. Watching the Method stream at work while plugging away I heard Cayna come on. He admonished one of the casters for having herbalism. You can't min max with a gathering skill. He spent some time talking about all the little things that anyone can do to be better.

You guys make it sound like their ilvl isn't achievable by any scrub in the next two weeks. If the shit is overturned it's because you need to play better.

I raided mythic the last couple of tiers and I can for sure tell you my guilds didn't get cutting edge strictly because they played bad. The tuning didn't make a shit bit of difference.

Oh did you kill the bosses before the 53 nerfs that always happen? Or are you such a dumb American Inventor you cant even read while you deep throat that Blizzard cock. Your shit gets old and tiring.

xzi

Mouthbreather
who fucking cares if someone actually killed a boss after a "nerf" which is almost always bug fixes until the eventual 5% dmg nerf that happens every single tier since wotlk followed by the 5% health reduction nerf which also happens every single tier since wotlk on the last 2 weeks of the tier

anyways this conversation is fucking autistic it's a bunch of people that don't mythic raid (including me) and die 14 kills into farm bosses cause moving slightly left is too difficult

who wants to suck some orc titties? where's my orc lore? why did thrall show up and disappear?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's true we aren't killing the bosses that method kills. I think they're purposely making them extremely hard and then closely watching the race and tuning them to what they think is actually doable.

A good example of them dropping the ball is mythic EN being cleared in two days. Wow, how exciting!! Most bosses up to cenarius didn't even cause any wipes. I think they need to set the ceiling really high and adjust it down rather than the opposite.

I do 100% believe they tune these bosses around mythic gear. The fact that these guilds can effectively outskill the gear checks is just a testament to the players.

Obviously we all seem to have different opinions around how mythic raids should be created, cleared, and tuned. I do not for one second believe mythic raids are causing the game to bleed subs. No.. it's the rest of the awful expansion that did that.

You can laugh at azsharas mechanics, but seriously extreme primals in FFXIV have like 100% more mechanics than that and are cleared by pugs

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Designing for the mythic world first race is gonna really pay off for them. Really makes for a better game when only no lifers can make meaningful progress pre-nerf.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Dude it's not even a current game problem of live tuning bosses. It literally happened 14 years ago and sometimes you'd even see a GM just fucking floating around actually physically watching you in game and oop, boss despawned by blizzard because bug isn't supposed to happen that way but we don't know how to fix this yet

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You guys can argue about people needing to play better but the simple fact is I do play well. I've gotten CE in every tier I've actively raided in and am usually pushing high IO scores for M+ in each season I play but the problem is I always stop raiding/playing because I stop having fun. M+ is starting to have the same problem raiding does in that Blizzard is starting to tune it around professional MDI players.

Tuning bosses this way has a very detrimental effect on guilds. People who can only raid 2-3 nights a week start bickering with each other about who's fucking up, who doesn't have the right addons, who can't press their buttons right without licking their screen and it splinters guilds, causes incredible amounts of turnover and makes recruiting people so you have a roster of 20 people to actually attempt to kill shit an ongoing battle.

I'm not sure why you're attempting to argue it's "bug fixes". They are flat out nerfs. They remove mechanics, lower damage of other mechanics, change how mechanics work, etc over and over again until the general population of good players can actually make progress. Sure there are bugs from time to time and those do get fixed but far more often Blizzard nerfs the fuck out of encounters right after the first 10 or 20 worldwide guilds have gotten their kills.

This isn't good for the game and I cannot figure out why anyone would argue that it is. The philosophy of the top end guilds trickles down to even 2 day a week guilds to the point where trying to find a guild that has people you enjoy playing with is a fool's errand because half of them will probably be gone or replaced within a month anyway.

Khane

Oh and Noodle, EN was tuned perfectly. That's how every raid should be because it's challenging enough for good players (who gives a shit if Method can kill it in 48 hours after 6 weeks of prep and 12 hour days) and we can all still have fun and remain friends with each other while also killing shit in a video game. You know... the reason we play at all.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh did you kill the bosses before the 53 nerfs that always happen? Or are you such a dumb American Inventor you cant even read while you deep throat that Blizzard cock. Your shit gets old and tiring.
For four of them I did. After that we weren't good enough and should have played better. Half our roster had zero crafted pieces. People on opulence dying before getting to the boss room. A lot of the nerfs make no difference if you play correctly.

Blizzard lowers the dps checks but if you don't stand in the right spots and do mechanics, you are gonna fail. If you wanna kill stuff in the first couple weeks the prep isn't hard but you still need to execute.

Look at the reclears for mythic. Method did it twice as fast as Limit. All the people are well geared, that wasn't the issue. Limit brought in some different classes to gear them for the final boss and those people weren't playing as good.

I don't get how saying 'play better' is sucking Ions dick but then people are complaining everything is a charity and too easy while only clearing LFR.

• 1Repost

xzi

Mouthbreather
do arenas with me you fucking pussies I'm gonna get 1800 today which I would get in like 2 hours if I just healed on my fucking druid FUCK

almost got the mog tho

I just want to world pvp for real rewards but I have 1800 ping cause 3 people are fighting so even if blizzard made that an option it's unfeasible

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh and Noodle, EN was tuned perfectly. That's how every raid should be because it's challenging enough for good players (who gives a shit if Method can kill it in 48 hours after 6 weeks of prep and 12 hour days) and we can all still have fun and remain friends with each other while also killing shit in a video game. You know... the reason we play at all.
We fundamentally disagree. And yet... Neither of us play anymore, so who cares right?

Khane

Noods, bub, bucko, we're re-hashing the good ole days. Back when you weren't even a Mythic raider (or guild leader) and out of everyone participating in this conversation I'm pretty sure I am the only one who was actually raiding Mythic. I was pumping damage and trashing CE achieves when you were still in diapers kiddo. I've dated girls uglier than Xavius for breakfast. So the next time you wanna come here and try to talk to your superiors about who's right and who's wrong you better think once, think twice, and then fucking think again comrade.

Otherwise I'm gonna have to head down there and I will rain down an un-Godly fucking firestorm upon you! You're gonna have to call the fucking United Nations and get a fucking binding resolution to keep me from fucking destroying you. I'm talking scorched earth, motherfucker! I will massacre you! I WILL FUCK YOU UP!

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
EN was horribly balanced, I'd even go so far as to say it's the perfect example of how not to balance a tier. First boss was beyond trivial, it was harder on heroic. Then you had your pick of a reasonably balanced dps check (if you had lucky dps'ers with right legendaries) in Ursoc. Dragon fight was OK because it was all personal responsibility. Spider boss though? Yuck. Eye boss was beyond stupid and got changed so many times because they had missed the balanced mark so badly. Cenarius was the exact same, was not reasonable at all in dmg output, dmg requirements - was impressive how Method actually killed it the "intended" way first time. Then Xavius could not have been a bigger ball drop in terms of difficulty, almost harder on heroic.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noods, bub, bucko, we're re-hashing the good ole days. Back when you weren't even a Mythic raider (or guild leader) and out of everyone participating in this conversation I'm pretty sure I am the only one who was actually raiding Mythic. I was pumping damage and trashing CE achieves when you were still in diapers kiddo. I've dated girls uglier than Xavius for breakfast. So the next time you wanna come here and try to talk to your superiors about who's right and who's wrong you better think once, think twice, and then fucking think again comrade.

Otherwise I'm gonna have to head down there and I will rain down an un-Godly fucking firestorm upon you! You're gonna have to call the fucking United Nations and get a fucking binding resolution to keep me from fucking destroying you. I'm talking scorched earth, motherfucker! I will massacre you! I WILL FUCK YOU UP!
Sounds like you got CE on the easy tiers!

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So given the option of Xavius which was undertuned and cleared right away or shit like Ghuun which was so gay even people didn't even bother to clear it a 2nd time which one you think is better for the health of the game.

Certainty the current design is doing so well that most of the people in here have canceled to play Final Fantasy Cat Woman Hentai instead.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So given the option of Xavius which was undertuned and cleared right away or shit like Ghuun which was so gay even people didn't even bother to clear it a 2nd time which one you think is better for the health of the game.

Certainty the current design is doing so well that most of the people in here have canceled to play Final Fantasy Cat Woman Hentai instead.
It's a polarizing topic, I'd be interested to see what % goes which way. I prefer ghuun of course. My guild even cleared it after I rage quit

I am a bunny in FFXIV thank you very much

• 1Worf

Kiki

Log Wizard
Watching the Method stream at work while plugging away I heard Cayna come on. He admonished one of the casters for having herbalism. You can't min max with a gathering skill.

This is AIDS. More than engineering being OP AIDS.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's a polarizing topic, I'd be interested to see what % goes which way. I prefer ghuun of course. My guild even cleared it after I rage quit

I am a bunny in FFXIV thank you very much

I am sure there is something in between face roll easy and let’s stack 17 warlocks and take 7000 pulls on this boss and never come back again because the shit sucks more ass than a homosexual orgy.

• 1Worf