World of Warcraft: Current Year

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
wut

running the orbs was the basic part of the fight

Well, yeah... and when raids consistently get to dick away time playing the runner rng game on the first hurdle of an encounter with poor loot incentive, they stop bothering with it past the first kill for the achieve.

Historically, getting people to move out of fire in a timely manner (even with addons coaching them along) has been one of the games great struggles. So, naturally, requiring a handful to run a straight-line obstacle course on a timer - 6 times in a row! - was gonna be a hard-ask

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
G'huun definitely had garbage loot, though. On top of that, it was the same ilvl as everything else in the zone.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Re: FF easy -

Something different that FF does is - savage raid tier comes out, it takes the top players 0-3 days (last expansion was like sub 24h, sub 24h, then 48-72h), then normal players spend 4-12 weeks clearing that. It's never nerfed and release tuning stays until it stops being relevant > 16 weeks after release. I guess this is similar in difficulty to earlier mythic bosses, but tuned well/fun.

After the savage raid they release an ultimate boss, this requires savage bis and gives no loot upgrades, just a prestige transmog weapon and a title. The two released last expansion took top players 12-21 days and 5-14 days, they had little world first races, etc. My group cleared them later on playing 12h/week, but it took us like 3 months each. Neither boss was nerfed, but gear and class buffs made them 2-4% easier over time.

Personally I like this a lot, I don't want bosses that take forever to kill to be relevant for loot / blow up my group, etc. But I do like having some harder bosses in the game. So optional hard bosses feel pretty much spot on, I hope wow uses a model like this for next expansion and makes some crazy stuff, there's nuts world races, but it doesn't fuck up the game for me if I resub.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
vwn95z01zac31.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
She was optional, heroic-only. Although I think "optional" is kind of misleading because I assume guilds wanted to kill her every reset for gear.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
After hot fix

Limit 44.2%
Method 49.4%

Seems like Method top dps'er would be around fifth to seventh of limits, probably why they are pulling slightly ahead.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow Blizzard nerfing before kill, I guess Method and Limit should just get better.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
but the completionist in people prevents them from accepting anything but a full clear of all available difficulties.

This is the root of all problems. It's not even just a normal/hard split anymore, now you have people who clear normal and heroic, with some bosses in mythic, but it's not enough for them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wow Blizzard nerfing before kill, I guess Method and Limit should just get better.
Sounds like you missed my point

Besides, this boss wasn't even tested on the PTR

But yes, it should've been cleared day 1

No, fuck that

Should've been cleared before it was released

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read yesterday Blizzards own raid team failed to kill it.
This is nothing new. Ion said their internal team tests stuff then adds 20 percent to everything because they aren't as good as world first raiders.

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
This is nothing new. Ion said their internal team tests stuff then adds 20 percent to everything because they aren't as good as world first raiders.
He has also stated that their internal raid team killed things that were then shown by players to be mathematically impossible. News flash: Ion is full of shit.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's weak auras and they're the ones making it on the fly
When you have to write code to play the game, something is fucky.

Dig weak auras, but they should be dev side, not player side. Why the fuck do we have to do the work for them just to play the game that they designed to be virtually unwinnable without them?

Mods should be UI customization, not entire groupings that make a confusing as fuck class and rotation playable (God damn fucking piece of shit modern balance and feral druids, tho actually current balance isn't complicated, you just roll your shit over the keyboard, but you can eek out 2.33% more if you cast this before that then this then that ad nauseum).

I'd also say designing your top end around elitest bullshit alienates the vast majority of your player base as the fights become "work" instead of fun, resulting in everyone just watching schmucks make money by playing the game as an actual fucking job. This doesn't make any sense to me. Game developers getting paid to make said game, players getting paid to play the game, people who just want to play well fuck them, have fun in heroic I guess. Also, fuck your game content it doesn't matter, the game isn't for you anymore. But here, have some mobile game style bullshit to appease the lowest common denominator. That's not content, that's raping an IP.

These world firsters are min/maxing like we did as far back as the first text based rpg, they're just meat fisting it until everyone lines up and rng doesn't fuck them. The poopsocking needed to finish requiring you to play the game like a job... Yeah, fuck that.

If normal, heroic, and the game in general was any fun, I'd still be playing. But it's literally not. It's half assed ideas thrown together and completely disrespects the general player in so many ways. You think you do, but you don't.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
When you have to write code to play the game, something is fucky.

Dig weak auras, but they should be dev side, not player side. Why the fuck do we have to do the work for them just to play the game that they designed to be virtually unwinnable without them?

Mods should be UI customization, not entire groupings that make a confusing as fuck class and rotation playable (God damn fucking piece of shit modern balance and feral druids, tho actually current balance isn't complicated, you just roll your shit over the keyboard, but you can eek out 2.33% more if you cast this before that then this then that ad nauseum).

I'd also say designing your top end around elitest bullshit alienates the vast majority of your player base as the fights become "work" instead of fun, resulting in everyone just watching schmucks make money by playing the game as an actual fucking job. This doesn't make any sense to me. Game developers getting paid to make said game, players getting paid to play the game, people who just want to play well fuck them, have fun in heroic I guess. Also, fuck your game content it doesn't matter, the game isn't for you anymore. But here, have some mobile game style bullshit to appease the lowest common denominator. That's not content, that's raping an IP.

These world firsters are min/maxing like we did as far back as the first text based rpg, they're just meat fisting it until everyone lines up and rng doesn't fuck them. The poopsocking needed to finish requiring you to play the game like a job... Yeah, fuck that.

If normal, heroic, and the game in general was any fun, I'd still be playing. But it's literally not. It's half assed ideas thrown together and completely disrespects the general player in so many ways. You think you do, but you don't.
Shut your trap you casual faggot

/sarcasm!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yep, and instead of dialing addons back they just tried to beat them. Except there are millions of players and only a handful of devs. So now we get idiotic encounters where you stare at addons instead of the shit you're trying to kill

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users