World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, I'm optimistic about it because they said the right things but we'll see when the beta comes out if they actually begin to listen to feedback or not.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
But I wont believe it till I see it fully implemented upon live.
The only thing that sounds remotely refreshing in this expansion is the roguelike tower.

The rest? Bring back nostalgia with old talents. Bring back nostalgia with level 60. Bring back Legion's headquarters. Bring back moar old stuff. Which is nice, mind you, but that's not what will make me play, merely what might not make me stop playing.

So I'll wait to see what exactly does this tower holds in beta before I might even think of reinstalling WoW.

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
The rest? Bring back nostalgia with old talents. Bring back nostalgia with level 60. Bring back Legion's headquarters. Bring back moar old stuff. Which is nice, mind you, but that's not what will make me play, merely what might not make me stop playing.

I feel the exact opposite of you, I'm happy they're doing these things (though level 60 means nothing to me, it'll be nicer for alts that's about it). I want them to keep this old shit and I want them to UPDATE it and make it better instead of constantly abandoning them every 2 years. Stop introducing half-baked concepts only to improve on them during the expansions life cycle and then when they get good you just leave them behind. It's fuckin dumb.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Im just confused af how this conversation went from not needing to do WQ's unless you want to do bleeding edge content - which is completely false - to WQ's are not dailies - which is completely false.

You're confused because Khane was complaining about logging in every single day to do "dailies" (which no longer exist) being mandatory, which was false. He then pivoted the argument being about WQ's being mandatory, period, which I was never arguing about to begin with. Then people who are incapable of realizing the vast differences between WQ's and Dailies decided to jump in and switch the topic to their inability to tell the difference between two different systems, further muddying things because words have no meaning now and everything is just feels.

• 2Picard

Cybsled

The only thing that sounds remotely refreshing in this expansion is the roguelike tower.

So I'll wait to see what exactly does this tower holds in beta before I might even think of reinstalling WoW.

Old talents are never coming back. It's pretty telling when most games out there that copied the WoW talent system ended up ditching it for a simplified version.

On paper, you have the chance to make a "unique character". In practice, you're still stuck with 2-3 viable talent point investment options, with everything else being sub-optimal or completely gimping your character. Talent point systems have always been an illusion of choice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
"This activity that has to be done daily isn't a daily because I can do it more than once a day" - Dom, 2019

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
"This activity that has to be done daily

Nope

-
kt3iy74b1cw31.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Argarth

On the verandah
LOL, this thread is delivering!

edit: Wish I could Double-Worf that video, hahahahahahahahahaha...

Last edited:

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Old talents are never coming back. It's pretty telling when most games out there that copied the WoW talent system ended up ditching it for a simplified version.

On paper, you have the chance to make a "unique character". In practice, you're still stuck with 2-3 viable talent point investment options, with everything else being sub-optimal or completely gimping your character. Talent point systems have always been an illusion of choice.

I don't really get the hardon people have for the old talents. Are people really creaming their pants over a +1% crit passive talent?

Regardless, seems like they're basically giving us those kind of passive 'talents' with the Soulbind system in Shadowlands, which seems to be basically the Artifact system from Legion.

So new races/classes died so we could have Asian humans.

Also, this little gem: "The team isn't sure if Titanforging will be in Shadowlands. They are closely monitoring the Visions of N'zoth system."

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
idk, new races don't mean shit to me anymore since allied races are a thing

but, now that allied races are a thing it's weird to have orcs & maghar orcs since they could've just been a diff skin tone.. which is what they should've been

• 2Like

Argarth

On the verandah
I'll be playing for sure of course, but for a start they need to un-fuck the classes/specs (looks somewhat promising) and make professions worth leveling and actually FUN to have again.

The biggie for me though will be ALTS. If I don't feel that I can have ~ 2 or 3 significantly developed/powerful Alts to play in the end game, WITHOUT making WoW into a second job once more, they can go and get well and truly fucked, and I'll just end up quitting again in a couple of months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
idk, new races don't mean shit to me anymore since allied races are a thing

but, now that allied races are a thing it's weird to have orcs & maghar orcs since they could've just been a diff skin tone.. which is what they should've been

Mechagnomes should have just been a customization too. Them being an allied race was one of the main reasons I thought we might actually get Tinker...because why else make them an full racial option?

Their racial abilities do look OP as fuck, though.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, mechagnomes not bringing tinkerer is the weirdest.

But they're doing these giant racial customizations and it's so cool, the fuck are they gonna do for the allied races lol

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only new race I can really get in to is Dark Iron Dorf. The heritage armor minus the helm looks pretty cool.

Teekey Teekey - yeah I don't get the love for the talent things. There was always a best spec. If you weren't running it you were hampering yourself. The Legion artifact stuff was forgettable. The best part of the artifact weapon system was the transmogs and even that felt bleh except a couple notable ones.

Argarth

On the verandah
Just give me ALL of my abilities back, including all the situational ones that I might only use once a day, and let me load up my action bars as I see fit damn it! Motherfuckers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users