World of Warcraft: Current Year

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they said that basically since sylvanas tried to kill herself the "machine of death" has been broken. rumor has it she met with the jailer and made a deal with him/her/xhey and whatever they did broke everything in the shadowlands. which would feasibly mean that arthas isn't necessarily in the maw, but everyone else who's died since sylvanas failed at suicide definitely IS in the maw.

i guess they said that revendreth is where people go to pay penance and be redeemed, but if they are irredeemable they just go to the maw. so if arthas could be redeemed somehow, he'd go there. there's an argument that he did what he did to save his people and that it wasn't inherently evil just stupid and short-sighted... frostmourne began to corrupt him and led him to the helm of domination. once he put that on, he ceased being arthas. i'd be okay with stopping sylvannas being part of his penance... and i mean, i'd absolutely enjoy a white male putting down an evil woman of color.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
Speaking of timewalking, apparently the original AV is on for the duration of the event as well.

If that's true, I'm gonna be a happy mofo. Was really disappointed they decided to go with the shit version in Classic.

You are NOT going to enjoy it.

75% of the people are trying to do the quest for the mount, which requires just farming Frost Wolves or Mine Supplies for 90% of the match.

So you have less than 1/4 of the people actually trying to do the battleground. It is a shit show.

You are also scaled to level 60, so your stats are trash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
^^^
That's still better than AV circa...I think it was TBC? Maybe Wrath? Where 30 people were in the cave afking honor

Fucker

Log Wizard
Just a PSA for anyone that still needs rep, or even leveling, you get a token in mail that buffs your rep/xp by 15% for duration of Anniversary.

We get almost 2 months of this. Leveling speed is nuts. 10% War Mode, 10% potion, 15% anniversary, + heirlooms, + 1hr 10% from invasion, + rested xp. I went from 111-115 yesterday on my DK just screwing around.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just a PSA for anyone that still needs rep, or even leveling, you get a token in mail that buffs your rep/xp by 15% for duration of Anniversary.

Good timing for me as I'm about to hit 120 on druid.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with Veng DH, but felt slow and sluggish 112-120, shit just took forever to die. Not fun at all. Druid is a complete breeze, just like Legion. Easy to complete kill/collection quests in 1-2 pulls lol.

I'll likely just stick with druid for BFA stuff, I don't think I could stand leveling another character through BFA anytime soon. Which is funny, Legion felt like it took longer 100-110, but was actually fun to level/quest through multiple times (I had 9 110's by the time I was done with Legion)
I've just done 100-120 as Veng DH. The trick is to pull 20+ enemies at once and AoE them down. Pretend you are a Mage doing AoE pulls and enjoy your tank stats and self healing.

I took the talent that puts of a Sigil of Flame at your Flame Crash jump location and macroed it to cast at my position with manual Sigil of Flame. You get 3 Sigils and 2 Flame Crash at once that way. Then you use Immolation too.

Then I had the talent to make your primary ability have 2 charges but do way more damage and spammed that and the cleave ability between cooldowns.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Leveling in BfA has felt horrible. By this time in legion i had one of every class max level but mage, and was actively doing 15ish keys on 5 different characters. I dont even log on to do my weekly m+ run and I LOVE(d) the m+ concept, and cant bring myself to level another character. It just feels meh, cant seem to find motivation.

Same, I literally only log on to make gold and that's the only reason. I haven't done a m+ in months despite the possibility of an upgrade, I just don't care about the game.

I'm in full on collector mode instead.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Same, I literally only log on to make gold and that's the only reason. I haven't done a m+ in months despite the possibility of an upgrade, I just don't care about the game.

I'm in full on collector mode instead.
Selling addiction. Ukerric Ukerric

• 1Solidarity

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I've just done 100-120 as Veng DH. The trick is to pull 20+ enemies at once and AoE them down. Pretend you are a Mage doing AoE pulls and enjoy your tank stats and self healing.

I took the talent that puts of a Sigil of Flame at your Flame Crash jump location and macroed it to cast at my position with manual Sigil of Flame. You get 3 Sigils and 2 Flame Crash at once that way. Then you use Immolation too.

Then I had the talent to make your primary ability have 2 charges but do way more damage and spammed that and the cleave ability between cooldowns.

abyssal strike,fallout, and flame crash are almost mandatory so you can jump on everyone and do a ton of damage. You also want fracture and spirit bomb for the damage/healing. then all you do is jump around and pull a fuck ton of stuff pop immolation, fracture spirit bomb then fracture to 5 and bomb and watch everything die. Its easily the funnest of all the tank classes atm

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
abyssal strike,fallout, and flame crash are almost mandatory so you can jump on everyone and do a ton of damage. You also want fracture and spirit bomb for the damage/healing. then all you do is jump around and pull a fuck ton of stuff pop immolation, fracture spirit bomb then fracture to 5 and bomb and watch everything die. Its easily the funnest of all the tank classes atm
I haven't used Soul Bomb yet, does it just replace the cleave ability (forget the name)?

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
you'd replace soul cleave with it yes. it puts out alot more damage and healing. If you start to have survivability issues then you'd switch to feed the demon over fracture but you shouldn't need it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
you'd replace soul cleave with it yes. it puts out alot more damage and healing. If you start to have survivability issues then you'd switch to feed the demon over fracture but you shouldn't need it.
Awesome thanks, I'm playing on controller and avoided it as I don't want to be adding too many abilities to my limited button layout.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Arthas is going to be in The Maw.

Bastion seems like Human/Dwarf/Gnome/High Elf/Draenai Heaven and Ardenweald seems like Night Elf/Troll/Tauren Heaven.

Then if you are going to hell, violent types are going to Maldraxxus (I assume a lot of Orcs there and Scourge) and perverse types are going to Revendreth (I assume lots of Old God and Legion followers). With the worst of the worst going to The Maw.

I think Varian in Maldraxxus is a good guess as he would have caused a lot of death with his wars.
It's not about heaven or hell as much as inclination oriented.

Bastion = Those who would serve a cause
Ardenweald = Those who would forget all and rather be reborn
Revendreth = Those who did shit and need to learn their lessons
Maldraxxus = Those who care about what needs to be done, and fuck the cost
The Maw = I'm out of puppies, anyone got a fresh crate?

Now given the latest interviews, the real question is: Where will we find Mankirk's Wife? (because she's there, 100% confirmed by the devs)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
i'd be okay with stopping sylvannas being part of his penance... and i mean, i'd absolutely enjoy a white male putting down an evil woman of color.
Sup Sylvanas. Remember me? I hear you had been naughty, do I need to spank you around again? Remember all those games we played when I raised you from the dead... ahhh good times...

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
This is exactly what I did, but just didn't feel smooth at all. I was doing exactly as you described for pulls, except I'd have to 5 bomb them 4-5 times. Not claiming it was hard, I went from 110-120 pretty quick, it just felt like a chore. Druid on the other hand felt smooth as butter the whole time, and had far more control over mobs. Especially all the mobs in Nazmir that act like ADHD rogues hopped up on Jolt, seriously fuck that zone.

I'm going to assume it gets better for DH with some better gear and stats, but only did a few WQ and started up the druid *shrug*

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The orbs that DH spawn for tanking resources are complete aids. I hope that shit gets changed so the class isn't complete shit in dungeons with close quarters or weird geometry.

• 1Solidarity

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
You are NOT going to enjoy it.

75% of the people are trying to do the quest for the mount, which requires just farming Frost Wolves or Mine Supplies for 90% of the match.

So you have less than 1/4 of the people actually trying to do the battleground. It is a shit show.

You are also scaled to level 60, so your stats are trash.
Oh I'm no fool, I know I'm not going to get any enjoyment for the first couple weeks, hell I'll likely be farming the collection stuff myself. I am hoping that I can get at least a couple decent AV later on during the holidays though, that's all I need for my satisfaction. We have all this stuff until Jan 7th.

I'm hoping it's mostly successful, and possibly influence them to scrap the shit AV for Classic, and stick the fun version in ultimately, but I'm not betting on it.

Edit: As long as I can Typhoon people off the bridge and other fun places, I'll consider it a great success.

• 1Solidarity

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
The orbs that DH spawn for tanking resources are complete aids. I hope that shit gets changed so the class isn't complete shit in dungeons with close quarters or weird geometry.

Blizzard doesn't care or pay attention to shit like that.

I quit Brewmaster when the most effective way to tank was to just literally stand in a corner to force orbs to spawn on you.

• 1Like