World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
They made black blood elves. That doesn't even make sense.

There's a lore reason if you want to stretch. Velen infusing the sunwell with the light so it's basically an actual sun now, naturally your skin would be getting darker. Considering they're all sucking off the sunwell.

Also it's the same skintone as hemon hunters demon form (depending which skintone you pick).

But the real reason is that every race is getting a shit ton of new options & who cares.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I dunno, the itemization in WOW just sucks donkey balls, no two ways about it.

it's always some uninspired shit with the same stats for the same ilvl, and MAY BE a proc that means nothing. Or it's a trinket that is absofuckinglutely 10k DPS above the next in line, and the rest is the same flavor of shit with really no originality.

Within the same raid the item levels are also uniform, there's no sense of progression in difficulty / reward since the harder the fights get, the rewards stay exactly the same flavor of same ilvl shit.

Shit would need an entire overhaul to make it somewhat interesting, especially since their grindy shitshow of fuckorge system is going away. Not sure what they'll do.

Hardly any flavor items coming from raids either our side of mounts and fucking pets, or utility shit, cause you know, don't wanna make shit too OP/ too fun.

• 1Like

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
it's always some uninspired shit with the same stats for the same ilvl, and MAY BE a proc that means nothing. Or it's a trinket that is absofuckinglutely 10k DPS above the next in line, and the rest is the same flavor of shit with really no originality.

Within the same raid the item levels are also uniform, there's no sense of progression in difficulty / reward since the harder the fights get, the rewards stay exactly the same flavor of same ilvl shit.

This is exactly the problem of reducing drops in raids while not having any kind of forge or corruption etc.

Every raid has its outlier items like bloodthirsy instincts, draught of souls, ashenvanes coral, vita shard etc with almost none of them ever coming from the end boss.

Lower drops and less reason to replay the raid for forging makes it harder to keep the main raid doing anything once progression is done and more of a pain in the ass to get your items.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is exactly the problem of reducing drops in raids while not having any kind of forge or corruption etc.

Every raid has its outlier items like bloodthirsy instincts, draught of souls, ashenvanes coral, vita shard etc with almost none of them ever coming from the end boss.

Lower drops and less reason to replay the raid for forging makes it harder to keep the main raid doing anything once progression is done and more of a pain in the ass to get your items.

We understand your concern. You wont get your pixels as quickly as you would like. Theyre giving less loot now, and that sucks. But take a minute and count every single opportunity for you to get loot in this game and then sit back and think about your concern. Not only will you have at least 3 different variations of each slot for your spec per raid tier, but you will have four difficulties to get that piece of loot. That's not even including the weekly chests. The Mythic loot table or anything else. The biggest complaint about WoW for the last 10 years is that it does nothing but rain loot on every single person in the game. So it's a hard pill to swallow when you want the majority of us to be concerned about less loot.

If anything, @Bragon pretty much hit's the nail on the head. There is no flavor to the loot in this game. You either have the best in slot for your class, or you dont. Some Legendaries in Legion gave highly skilled people a sizeable advantage. Where as a person that has less skill and forethought, would go with a different set of Legendaries - possibly in a different spec - and be within throwing distance of those skilled players. I'm not saying I appreciate the utter horse shit that it took to get those Legendaries, but I was hoping/wishing that Blizzard would learn more from them and their itemization than what they apparently have.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't wanna derail this too much, and i'm really not preaching EQ as the best game as far as loot goes because god knows some of the loot was god awful in that game, but there were things they got right back then.

feb6f23d839f22878badb518d3a512f0.png

2365997efdb78a1ca1ba5eee4c5bcb34.png

caffaae797c24f1b87af0aaaf58a3360.png

aa875657375fef723f51d9bc17dcaa05.png

c467d7e314b9ff33389cf0ac86d1ce73.png

Those items come from one of the most boring uninspired raid mechanic/visual wise in the history of EQ, however, people kept going back because the loot was amazing for its time, and short of the best loot in the game at the time, it also had flavor items like above that you would keep in your bag basically forever even if you upgraded.

The loot got better and better as you progressed within the zone which kind makes sense

In wow your BIS is some uninspired piece of shit that could drop from the first boss of the instance or the last, makes no difference.

Mechanically wow raids can be so fucking good (looking at you BoD, Uldar etc), but the loot is just so fucking bland, has been for a long time now.

They also put completley stupid limitation on fun flavor items. What do you mean i can use my illusion once every 2 hours and it lasts 5 minutes? Even store bought item to randomly give you an illusion is once every TWO FUCKING HOURS. I will never understand what kind of complete asswipe can look at an item and go: you know what, this is too much fun. Limit that shit to once every two hours STAT.

• 1Like

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
But take a minute and count every single opportunity for you to get loot in this game and then sit back and think about your concern. Not only will you have at least 3 different variations of each slot for your spec per raid tier, but you will have four difficulties to get that piece of loot. That's not even including the weekly chests. The Mythic loot table or anything else.

That's my point. There aren't four difficulties to get the loot, there is one on mythic that you will use for an entire tier or two, and it's not from the final boss that you eventually use your skip for to farm mounts for all the people in your raid, it is from a mid boss that you wont be doing.

You still use coral in the current raid, just like all the other items and more that I listed. Killing the chance to get it doesn't help any raider.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
For a while now I've had a hard time leveraging WoW loot out in the rest of the non-raid game. Mostly I'm just trying to raise a number such that people would take me places if it was high enough. The part where I take my sweet gear out in the world and kick ass just doesn't really manifest. With Classic I can and I know it's still there in TBC at least but with retail it just doesn't come together for me.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Titanforging never existed before Legion. Warforging was a thing but there were also upgrade paths in case you didn't get lucky with a straight up warforge. Trying to say removing TF will kill raiding is kind of silly since it's only been a thing for 2 expansions and is almost universally despised by the raiding community.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think it's less about reducing loot from raiding and more about reducing loot overall, in the context he was speaking about it.

Which if you play the game at all it's undeniable how easy it is to get loot. My DH got 440 in like 2 days of sperging without even touching raiding except the world boss (if that even counts as a raid).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's strange reading "loots are boring" when Mechagon brought stuff like the DIY trinkets, ring sets and special use armor piece and weapons.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's strange reading "loots are boring" when Mechagon brought stuff like the DIY trinkets, ring sets and special use armor piece and weapons.

I somehow forgot about mechagon, mechagon loot was probably the most interesting loot they've ever made.

build your own ring workshop is neat as fuck! But.. I'm never gonna get the first part of the rings lmao

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I had completely blocked this out of my mind for some reason, but someone in trade chat was talking about Ogre as a playable race, which I've wanted for like 15 years now because I too am a big fat idiot

Everyone always brings up the question of never seeing female ogres anywhere in the game.. but someone mentioned the book Traveler they made a while ago that was aimed mostly for younger kids & in it they have actual concept art for a female ogre

me want death by snu snu

nGHMWTJ.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tanks right now are using a trinket from the previous raid tier with a price effect for a heal. Does that mean loot in wow is good @Bragon ?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had completely blocked this out of my mind for some reason, but someone in trade chat was talking about Ogre as a playable race, which I've wanted for like 15 years now because I too am a big fat idiot

If Ogres were a playable race, WoW would be the perfect game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont think we've ever heard a good reason for why Ogres arent a playable race. We've always theory crafted that it was because of this BS or that BS but I seriously dont remember why we cant. Tauren are fine, but I always wanted to play Barbarian or something on the Horde side. Maybe Barbarians on Alliance, and Ogre on Horde.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I dont think we've ever heard a good reason for why Ogres arent a playable race. We've always theory crafted that it was because of this BS or that BS but I seriously dont remember why we cant. Tauren are fine, but I always wanted to play Barbarian or something on the Horde side. Maybe Barbarians on Alliance, and Ogre on Horde.

No reason. Metzen said during Cata they were going to go with Ogres before choosing Goblins and then said he still wants them to be playable eventually. Bitch, it's eventually.. lets go step it up

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They've finished making the body work at least, they just scaled it down and named it Kul'tiran.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's an ogre toy from Arathi Kovork Kostume

It has full animations for basically every ability, fits mounts relatively well, and it player sized. I used it on cooldown but ya know, 1hr cd 10min toy. I do think it should be slightly larger but that's what the drinking horn is for.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I played BFA and found it insanely boring. For the full ten levels or whatever that I leveled up there, all the enemies changed levels with me, so I never felt really much stronger or whatever. All the loot was retarded RNG. You could raid at different difficulty levels but basically all the same shit. Fucking horrible boring.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users