World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm just looking forward to it cause I actually enjoy roguelikes

but also being able to build the exact legendary you'd like is pretty tight

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm playing my DH more and more over my warrior as it is just mindless fun and starting to dip into pugging Nyalotha.

I guess people are still buying the BoEs if you they rolled the right corruption:

4627850bc5978b85ff1b12db17388124.jpg

Those were heroic boots that rolled T3 +%Haste from all sources and I also have another pair of heroic boots that have T3 twisted appendage for ~240k, but I doubt they'll sell at all. I can't believe they even sold for that much.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
they might sell, twisted appendage is absolutely insane

t3 haste though is kind of surprising it sold for that much from just heroic holy shit, I mean it's bis for a lot of specs I guess but that's a lot of gold this far into the tier lol

I still have not gotten a single BOE this tier on 2 characters rip

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm kind of surprised, I take herb/mining when leveling an alt during all this xp boost shit and I've made like 900g so far just selling the shit I picked up leveling my hunter, still have another 300g worth of shit (I just posted it a few hours ago)

I mean it's not a lot but it's way more than I had expected. Who the fuck out here buying Peacebloom for 16g?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm kind of surprised, I take herb/mining when leveling an alt during all this xp boost shit and I've made like 900g so far just selling the shit I picked up leveling my hunter, still have another 300g worth of shit (I just posted it a few hours ago)

I mean it's not a lot but it's way more than I had expected. Who the fuck out here buying Peacebloom for 16g?
Well inflation is pretty brutal I guess. I made 6500g just questing today and it's not like it was efficient, lots of running around trying to figure out what the fuck is an incursion and why the portal I took didn't bring me in the right place but it wasn't actually incursion it was warfront and that's why it's not the right place and all kind of similar shit. So anyone who's been playing for a while I guess is sitting on a bunch of millions so spending 500g on some peaceblooms to level vanilla alchemy for completion or whatever I can easily see. I do the same thing on XIV, I buy "overpriced" stuff all the time because I'd rather spend 50k on a few items than move my ass to go gather them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alright done with Maghar unlock, was really quick with the double rep buff, basically got it doing the main quest stuff, I did a bunch of world quests on the way but it was unnecessary, the 8.1 shit gives 4k rep per big turn in so it went really fast once I got to that. Didn't expect the fucking 40mins of flying around in old areas quest though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gold flow is absolutely insane to me. I am trying to bring up a bunch of characters to have a lot of the classes at at least 110. One of the characters I hadnt touched in a while needed flight up to 310, and upgrades on an entire set of of Heirlooms cause those stats fit better for him. I spent 40?50k? gold in a matter of 10 minutes and that was Sunday. Last night, after finishing emissary and dailies - I noticed I had already made 28k of it back. In two days? Two freaking days? Granted, I melt everything down I get and auction it - but thats absurd to me, regardless if its weekly reset or not.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gold flow is absolutely insane to me. I am trying to bring up a bunch of characters to have a lot of the classes at at least 110. One of the characters I hadnt touched in a while needed flight up to 310, and upgrades on an entire set of of Heirlooms cause those stats fit better for him. I spent 40?50k? gold in a matter of 10 minutes and that was Sunday. Last night, after finishing emissary and dailies - I noticed I had already made 28k of it back. In two days? Two freaking days? Granted, I melt everything down I get and auction it - but thats absurd to me, regardless if its weekly reset or not.

Same thing happened to me. I had to upgrade all of my mail set for my hunter. I went Tmogging farming in old raids and somehow came out of it with like 20k?

Daidraco

I havent checked in quite a while - but I remember Ethereals had an account-wide bank that you could use. May still be one, but I dont know - Cant login to WoW right now. But the mail thing is just as easy to me. I have a Toy thats a mail box for, well, anywhere. Toys are account wide, and characters dont share the cool down timer. I hate this streamer - I think it's her voice that drives me up a wall? But she gives a run down on how to get the toy if you dont have it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Gold has been inflated in WoW for a very long time. I made over 40 million gold from Legion Order Halls. I made something like 12 million gold the first 2-3 weeks of BfA. And that was without farming, just auctioning BoE drops and selling herbs I came across while leveling/WQing.

xzi

Mouthbreather
You don't say?

"I would also just observe that as World of Warcraft evolved over the years it actually kinda became less social because, in an effort to achieve more accessibility, we kinda removed some of the reasons why you needed to play with the same group of people over and over."

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Not really? I've met more people I consistently played with doing M+ in Legion than vanilla(not classic). There was the dead weight in raids you would never take to do anything else besides needing their warm body in a 40 man raid, and then you had your wsg group. Those dead weight people just become the randoms you never see again.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Not really? I've met more people I consistently played with doing M+ in Legion than vanilla(not classic). There was the dead weight in raids you would never take to do anything else besides needing their warm body in a 40 man raid, and then you had your wsg group. Those dead weight people just become the randoms you never see again.
I have to agree. Outside of my pvp crew in vanilla, I have more people on my friends list for m+ in retail.

• 1Like

Merrith

I'm sure there are some in this category. A decent %. Of course that depends what kind of raid team you had in vanilla, just as it does the group you run M+ with now. Personally I barely keep in touch with more than 5-10 people I've played retail with in Legion or BFA, but still talk to two to three times that I played with back in Vanilla.

velk

Trakanon Raider

Well yes, that's the exception that proves the rule. High key M+ is the least accessible content they've ever added, that's probably what lead them to the 'shocking' realization that things like LFR are anti-social because you have no idea who any of those mouth-breathing retards are, and hope to never see them again.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
The social aspect is really hit and miss in retail, such as I have leveled up several characters throughout the course of this lock down and I have had many dungeon groups who just remain silent and go through the motions but on the other hand have had groups who chat along the way and are quite social. One way to help is when you join a group just say hello and see what happens.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are a bunch of 'social guilds' around now that are actually quite fantastic. I was part of an alliance one (Currently Online) on Sargeras for a while and there was a lot of chat, 10 or so active raid teams of all skill levels, weekly events etc.

The game is currently set up so you can be as social or as anti social as you want. At this point it's personal preference.