World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
If any of you are hunting toys/pet/mount from the nazjatar warmode vendor, Warmode in nazjatar is now rewarding commendations when killing rares. Silver dragon or not. You can kill the same rare over and over and get 1 token.

Took about 3 hours for 50 tokens just killing rares and looting the 2 uncontested drop boxes (3 tokens total :| )

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
If any of you are hunting toys/pet/mount from the nazjatar warmode vendor, Warmode in nazjatar is now rewarding commendations when killing rares. Silver dragon or not. You can kill the same rare over and over and get 1 token.

Took about 3 hours for 50 tokens just killing rares and looting the 2 uncontested drop boxes (3 tokens total :| )

I've been keeping kind of quiet about it, but I've been making quite a decent chunk of money by selling the pet that you can buy with the commendations. They sell extremely well for some reason, usually 7-10k. This has only made it better. It's still hovering around 7k at the moment so I'm hoping not a ton of people catch on.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Warmode to me is honestly the only thing they did right in BFA. (aside from the obvious, raids were good ofc)

• 1Truth!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Warmode was a pretty good change. Didn't have to worry about PvP server buyer's remorse years down the line anymore. Warmode at release was a shitload of fun because everyone had it on for the extra rewards and there was actual skirmish PvP happening for the first time in... well... forever.

Bigger problem is their optimization in BfA was crap and everything turns into a slideshow even on the beefiest machine the second there are more than 15 people PvPing in an area.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Only reason to run warmode is extra rewards. PvP in this game is aids with how wide the gulf is between gearing and class balance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah that's why I love it, because I'm 2shotting retards. WoW pvp has never and will never be balanced and when it is the closest to being balanced, it isn't fun at all (Legion is the perfect example)

Sadly yeah big brawls are impossible to participate in as far as wpvp goes but.. it's also true when it comes to epic BGs. I mean the lag was so fucking bad in Ashran they actually just reduced the player caps to 25 per team instead of 40 lmfao (and it's still miserable)

• 2Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that's why I love it, because I'm 2shotting retards. WoW pvp has never and will never be balanced and when it is the closest to being balanced, it isn't fun at all (Legion is the perfect example)

Sadly yeah big brawls are impossible to participate in as far as wpvp goes but.. it's also true when it comes to epic BGs. I mean the lag was so fucking bad in Ashran they actually just reduced the player caps to 25 per team instead of 40 lmfao (and it's still miserable)

Yeah, I'd way rather have the quick blow-each-other-up kind of pvp than the four hour slugfest where no one can kill anyone and if your opposition has a healer you're entirely boned. Out-gearing people and shitting on them is the only way to make pvp fun in a game like this. It makes gear feel better and takes away some of the tedium of "balanced" pvp.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm honestly okay with them trying to strike a balance in rated stuff, but everything else should just be time to blast fresh 120s.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At the beginning of the expansion, Warmode was fine with me. I enjoyed the little bits of PVP that it sometime created, even though I dont personally like PVP in WoW. But coming back this late in the expansion and trying to do anything current, it was god awful. For instance, I was just doing rep in Nazjatar and the same 8 people were flying around the entire zone just killing people over and over. I'm sure it was just to fulfill the PVP Quest there - but it was god awful. Enough so that I just ran back to Orgimmar, switched off warmode, came back and went about my business.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Having done very little pvp since I came back but still some, the gear gap feels way too big currently. Back in the day you could get pretty big differences too but it wasn't as big as people having 5-7times your hp and instantly killing you with a single proc of their items. The gap per expansion seems absolutely retarded, I guess they really want people to feel stronger as the patches go but the scale is way off I think, so the difference between some new 120 in quest greens and some guy even in casual 450 stuff is abysmal. And if he has at least one good corruption, you can just die instantly. It feels like going to hillsbrad and finding a lvl 25 questing there in classic/vanilla.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We’re working on an update to the game that we expect to roll out in the coming week. We plan to make improvements to the process of obtaining Corrupted items on max-level characters and also streamline upgrading the legendary cloak Ashjra’kamas.

Our goal with this update is to speed up the power progression of new level 120 characters, while giving established endgame players more agency in pursuing the Corruption effects they most desire.

More Echoes
In our last update, we added Echoes of Ny’alotha, a new currency available from most Visions of N’Zoth content, which can be used to directly purchase Rank 3 Essences that have already been unlocked on a different character. We plan to expand the availability and purpose of this new currency. Now, once any character completes the legendary cloak questline, they will immediately begin earning Echoes of Ny’alotha from all of the usual sources.

Echoes of Ny’alotha will be much more abundant than before. As we expand the usefulness of Echoes of Ny’alotha, we want to ensure that players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them don’t feel disadvantaged, so we will be increasing both the droprates of Echoes and their costs by a factor of 5. This means that when these changes take effect, a Major Assault will award 625 Echoes, up from 125. The cost to purchase an Essence will also increase by the same factor, from 500 to 2500 Echoes.

If you are planning to purchase a Rank 3 Essence with Echoes of Ny’alotha that you’ve already earned, you should do so now, before these costs change.

Improving Ashjra’kamas
We’re also reducing the requirements for any quest step in upgrading the cloak from Ranks 1 to 15 that previously required multiple Horrific Visions. Each Rank can now be achieved in a single Horrific Vision. For example, upgrading your Rank 13 cloak to Rank 14 will now require 2 Torn Pages of “The Final Truth” (was 6), so if you’re currently in possession of 2 or more pages, you’ll turn them all in and immediately complete that quest. The following quest to upgrade from Rank 14 to 15 will then require that you go get 2 more new Torn Pages (was 8).

The requirements for further minor upgrades to the cloak after Rank 15 with Malefic Cores have not been changed.

MOTHER will also offer Vessels of Horrific Visions in exchange for Echoes of Ny’alotha, providing an additional source of access to Horrific Visions that does not require completion of Assaults.

Choosing Your Corruption
In addition to any unlocked Essences, MOTHER will now also offer several new Preserved Contaminants, which allow for a specific Corruption effect (and the associated Corruption penalty) to be applied to a selected item. The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency.

You can use a Preserved Contaminant to apply the Corruption you purchased to any uncorrupted item that can be Corrupted, much like an enchant. Here are some sample costs for MOTHER’s updated offerings:

Item - Cost (Echoes of Ny’alotha)
  • Vessel of Horrific Visions - 1750
  • Rank 3 Essence - 2500
  • Masterful I - 3000
  • Siphoner I - 4250
  • Twilight Devastation I - 6250
  • Siphoner II - 6300
  • Ineffable Truth II - 6750
  • Racing Pulse III - 7875
  • Echoing Void III - 12000
  • Twilight Devastation III - 15000
Important Notes
We highly suggest that you purchase any Rank 3 Essences that you want and can afford as soon as possible.

Due to a technical limitation, items that have been cleansed cannot be re-corrupted. We are looking into whether it will be possible to fix this, but we don’t want to hold up the whole system in the meantime.

All of the previous ways that Corrupted items and Vessels can be acquired are still in place. The changes above are meant to supplement those sources and provide you with more options and control in pursuing your goa

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Knew this was coming but wasn't expecting it this soon. I imagine this means that they are confident the expansion isn't going to be pushed past Oct.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Knew this was coming but wasn't expecting it this soon. I imagine this means that they are confident the expansion isn't going to be pushed past Oct.
Yup this smacks of the here do all of the things on alts to kill time patch.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good changes. Although this is what pissed me off at the end of legion. Farming my sub BIS legendaries, doing every normal/heroic/mythic raid I could, every M0, every bullshit thing that dropped. I seriously got every single BIS leggo except Mantle. And the whole time everyone was asking for ways to target leggos and here comes smuggie mcsmuggerson at the end of the expansion with the thing we had been asking for the entire time.

Damn that shit rustled my jimmies.

Feels good now though that I didn't waste my time on this shit expansion.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's honestly what I was waiting for to actually play my alts in any serious capacity. All really good changes, and something that should have been in from the start.