World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Nah the people in the writing department are seriously retarded. See the main writer making Sylvanas the focus and on top of that inserting himself into the game(Nathanos) to worship her.

If they weren't such a small indie company they could hire actually writers instead of fucking SIMPs to make the story.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Nah the people in the writing department are seriously retarded. See the main writer making Sylvanas the focus and on top of that inserting himself into the game(Nathanos) to worship her.
Nathanos is horribly written character from the alliance perspective and completely revolting from horde side. I turn the sound off whenever I go into some voiced quest I can’t skip through and he’s involved. I want to remove his skin from his body and dump the remains in the maelstrom.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know what is going to make people excited to play Shadowlands... less rewarding M+ dungeons. So now there will only be 1 item in an M+ chest. Big Brain move Ion, I don't know why people want to see you fucking fired.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

So the exact quantities are still evolving (please don't quote me 100% on this) but notably for Mythic+ it will be one item from the end-of-run chest that is repeatable. The weekly loot chest will still have a greater selection of items to choose from (still one a week) but that should be a more reliable source of upgrades since you can best pick the one that suits your needs out of a wider range of things that you've earned. We're continuing with personal loot and tradability. The baseline reasons for moving away from Group Loot/Master Loot to Personal Loot 3-4 years ago haven't meaningfully changed. I think if anything, some of the potential abuses inherent in Master Loot, where people lose agency or control over their own items--the items now belong to the guild master, or a PUG leader that has arbitrary rules--these things are even more-heightened when things are scarse. So we feel like also without the randomness of Warforged/Titanforging messing with tradability, personal loot should be more consistent then ever in terms of distributing upgrades.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I have to imagine that they are using the whole 'time works differently in the Shadowlands' to explain why there will be a big-ole-reset-button type bit for the expansion that follows. We leave the Shadowlands and find that Azeroth is, again, very different than when we left (despite the fact that we keep hearthstoning back to the auction house every day or so). This allows them to refresh the whole concept once again as well as putting to rest the Deathwing ravaged zones of Azeroth.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know what is going to make people excited to play Shadowlands... less rewarding M+ dungeons. So now there will only be 1 item in an M+ chest. Big Brain move Ion, I don't know why people want to see you fucking fired.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

So the exact quantities are still evolving (please don't quote me 100% on this) but notably for Mythic+ it will be one item from the end-of-run chest that is repeatable. The weekly loot chest will still have a greater selection of items to choose from (still one a week) but that should be a more reliable source of upgrades since you can best pick the one that suits your needs out of a wider range of things that you've earned. We're continuing with personal loot and tradability. The baseline reasons for moving away from Group Loot/Master Loot to Personal Loot 3-4 years ago haven't meaningfully changed. I think if anything, some of the potential abuses inherent in Master Loot, where people lose agency or control over their own items--the items now belong to the guild master, or a PUG leader that has arbitrary rules--these things are even more-heightened when things are scarse. So we feel like also without the randomness of Warforged/Titanforging messing with tradability, personal loot should be more consistent then ever in terms of distributing upgrades.

Balancing around the .1% again I see.

Also people losing control over their items in master loot is such fucking bullshit. The amount of players that were helped by master loot rather then hindered by it, at least imo, has to be much greater. People getting fucked over by loot master rules had to be such a small percentage of the players. Since playing in Beta I've never experienced it. The only time I ever heard it was an issue is when a simp lord GM passed out loot to tits. Then again simps are on the rise so maybe they were protecting against this? Blizzard was 500 iq all along? Guess it takes one to know one.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'm so excited for World of Warcraft: Systemlands
Thy should call the next expansion "WoW: System Shock". Maybe buy the rights to that trademark.

This allows them to refresh the whole concept once again as well as putting to rest the Deathwing ravaged zones of Azeroth.
I want the Emerald Dream. A real Emerald Dream. With blackjack and hookers!

The amount of players that were helped by master loot rather then hindered by it, at least imo, has to be much greater.
That's not the problem. But each one of those opened a GM ticket, and that GM had to comb through the chatlog to look for master looter rules to be mentioned. The real goal was to get rid of those costly tickets.

Or do you want those poor Indian GMs to understand such phrases like "NBG, PS > SS, Roll 100, First on Tied, One Item Only"?

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Unless this guy was a quest writer for vanilla, no. Nathanos was part of the Horde stuff in EPL since forever.

Malkav

French Madman
It's fucking Moorgard, he's been plaguing the industry for far too long. Remember when he was posting back in the old boards?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Unless this guy was a quest writer for vanilla, no. Nathanos was part of the Horde stuff in EPL since forever.
Vanilla Nathanos and new-Nathanos are two very different versions of the same character. In vanilla, he was just a badass chilling out in EPL with some loose lore about being the Sylvanas' consort. When they started using him over the last few expansions, they turned him into a walking talking cuckold who had the personality of a sack of dicks.

• 3Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I've been just going through the dark orange ! quests at the boat in Boralis and I have no clue what the fuck is happening. The culmination was today when after just doing them as they pop up, I get one to go to this meeting in Kul Tiras with Anduin and Jaina, the SI:7 guy, and the guy that looks like a Transformer. They start talking about Mekkanotorque being hurt, the Zandalari king being dead and some battle in Arathi, I haven't seen any of that shit and I have no clue what the fuck they are talking about.

That I'm doing that shit at the same time as the N'Zoth shit just adds to the clusterfuck.

Also, these questlines are never ending. I keep thinking its gotta be wrapping up soon but they just keep coming. Thankfully it'll be a while until the xpac drops so I can wait awhile before attempting this slog on the Horde side.

Also flying should just be unlocked at max level. Running around to do world quests to get rep up so I can then fly around and....do world quests faster?? is stupid.

***Edit*** - What the fuck happened to Derek and when did he get turned?! Its clear I'm doing these all jank and out of order and there must be a whole set of them I'm missing.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Also flying should just be unlocked at max level. Running around to do world quests to get rep up so I can then fly around and....do world quests faster?? is stupid.
You must be new to WoW.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats kind of what you get when you play an expansion at the end. Much better experience starting at it's launch and everyone is on the same footing. All the shit you missed is just past raids mixed with terrible writing and... everyone agrees with you on the flying thing.

• 3Like

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider

Please tell me he means that when you get a loot item at the end of a M+ dungeon you won't have the choice of multiple items like you will in your weekly cache, not that the whole run will only drop one item. If it really only has one loot per run that is the most stupid shit idea of the whole expansion.

• 1Worf

velk

Trakanon Raider
Please tell me he means that when you get a loot item at the end of a M+ dungeon you won't have the choice of multiple items like you will in your weekly cache, not that the whole run will only drop one item. If it really only has one loot per run that is the most stupid shit idea of the whole expansion.

these things are even more-heightened when things are scarse
implies otherwise.

• 1Truth!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
unknown.png

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Soo, I haven't been keeping up with this. I assume this is gonna be a skip/wait til the whole thing is out and play it before WoW is shut down?

Dalien

Registered Hodor
It's going to be play for the first month, enjoy all the leveling etc content until you hit the grind wall. Then unsub for 6 months until flying and the "robust catchup systems" are put in. Sub for a month until you hit the new grind wall, repeat until final patch.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users