World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It isn't even the kill Whitey that is the issue for me, it's that we have piss poor retard story telling because it's skewed through the lens of a hateful Dyke.

Imagine if Myst did the writing for WoW how terrible it would be.

Multi billion dollar company and they can't write a coherent story.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So just glancing over the last few pages, this is the best expansion ever and I should buy and resub? Yes?!

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Balmung

Peasant
Suddenly the out of place black Blood Elves make more sense. I was going to pay for a transfer and faction change, but fuck them just for hiring this bitch I'll keep my $55.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The Warcraft writing was always fucking horrible.

For most of the history of the story, it's "important story character acquires some kind of artifact, becomes evil and/or insane, goes on some kind of genocidal crusade."

The good Thrall/Horde storylines were the exceptions and not the rule.

Sylvanas breaking the Helm of Domination instead of putting it on was actually one of the few surprises in the entire story so far. Unfortunately, it happens in a cutscene trailer with no in-game leadup.

The story has always been basically shit that's been compensated for by having probably the best animation team in the entire world, and yes, I'd say the WoW animators are slightly better than Pixar, just generally work on much shorter features.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have rarely paid attention to the story since Wrath. Sometimes stuff gets my attention, but I fully believe it was because of the setting/area that I was in. That doesnt mean I'm giving her a free pass to spew hatred, but since the story is already shit - I cant imagine that her contribution would be any different. The early days of Mythic+ before it became a failure of an eSport are really what I wish the game had more of.

Cybsled

Ya, WoW villain motivations have always been sort of shit. 90% of the time it's "person gets corrupted by Old Gods/Demons and becomes flat out evil", or they are just naturally evil

That is one reason I like FFXIV's story. Outside of Zenos and Ashai (who are pretty much just 'let's be evil'), most of the villains have some backstory or nuance to them

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Need less white man hating dyke writers and less weeb faggots with hardons for Sylvanas and we could get some.. never mind who am I fucking kidding. There is no way to salvage WoW lore, and honestly the lore doesn't matter as much as the gaming being fun is.

Here check this out. Back in my day this was all the lore we required and games were better for it.

iu

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a bit miffed because I took the week off (I take little to no vacation time during the year, typically) so I could do an expansion opening right vs. having to work while getting shit sleep because the only time to log in is asshole-thirty in the morning because the queues are retarded. I've never taken time off to start an expansion before, so it seemed like a fun little "Hey I'm almost 40, get that shit in while the gettin's good" type action. Now, given that I've already requested the time off and everyone else has started filling up the holiday season. Just kind of stuck with days off now and that is sad times, because it'll launch and I'll likely be on-call or some bullshit now haha.

Ah well, at least they're attempting to fix things before they take my money vs. the usual three weeks in.
You could just go play a game worth a shit.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Suddenly the out of place black Blood Elves make more sense. I was going to pay for a transfer and faction change, but fuck them just for hiring this bitch I'll keep my $55.

Yeah Its put a dent in my decision on whether to purchase shadowlands. Tilted back to a no.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I played one month of bfa. I was.already feeling like they'd fuck up shadowlands. It getting delayed is the nail in the coffin, game is going to suck. Don't really care about the black shit

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I played one month of bfa. I was.already feeling like they'd fuck up shadowlands.

Likewise I wanted to do another BFA with Shadowlands and get in a good 30-40 days of questing gameplay, but that doesn't look possible.

There are better offerings in the marketplace for that. TESO and FF for starters have great quest experiences.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Need less white man hating dyke writers and less weeb faggots with hardons for Sylvanas and we could get some.. never mind who am I fucking kidding. There is no way to salvage WoW lore, and honestly the lore doesn't matter as much as the gaming being fun is.

Here check this out. Back in my day this was all the lore we required and games were better for it.

iu

For real. These stories don't need to be literature for the ages. It just needs to be something you can figure out if you pay attention. Or like in true tabletop fashion just be a murder hobo and, "lol story." Impressively wow devs make stories so terrible and unavoidable that even someone who goes out of their way to avoid it will have it forced down their throats to the extent that they have to take a step back and get pissed.

Let us take a step back to Wow Classic and Blackrock Mountain. The story there can begin and end with, "Black dragons are universally assholes and have a gigantic base full of orcs and other asshole followers who worship them. I'm sure they're up to no good. Are you a bad enough dude to kill some faggot black dragons?"

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's just sheer incompetence. The fact they did nothing with Alleria or Touralyn and seeing what became of Lorderon and QT at all just shows are truly stupid the writers are.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I almost don't blame the writers entirely. These people probably have very little creative control. It's on fuck boi mcgee game director Ion to lay out the vision and bring all the parts together. Which of course he has failed miserably at. When you look at the failings the past 4 years one of the core causes seems to be segmentation. This guy is running the game like a badly run department store.

Part of me wanted to believe the superstition of hot n cold releases for expansions. It was really the last excuse I was telling myself. But the writing is so obvious on the wall and written in shit that you can smell this disaster a mile a way. I think the worst part about all of this is I'll still buy it and play because the MMO genre is absolute fucking garbage and WOW is the chipped diamond in the heap.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In case we wondered why the writing was dogshit.

BoozeCube BoozeCube - you're doing god's work here man.

The delay lined up right where I could play if I wanted to and I love most undead lore so I was getting weak. Thanks again for reminding me why I canceled my sub that's been going pretty much continuously since 06 in 2018.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Wow so theres two worthless racist pieces of shit on the writing staff for Blizzard.

Blizzard just needs to burn to the ground. Absolutely nothing of value would be lost. Nothing at all.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I wish these cunts were correct and white people did kill them.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Liberal faggots have ruined literally everything. Every last thing that was good and decent in this world has been corrupted by these people.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!