World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
I probably already asked this somewhere, but how many hours can I expect Shadowlands to take in terms of leveling 50-60, doing the dungeons, and maybe running all the raids in LFR a couple times (doubt I'll have the item level to do much beyond that)?

Going Undead Affliction Warlock with a heroic character so I'll start at 50. No clue when I'm actually gonna do this, so just wondering how much time I need to budget in. I'm thinking like 80 hours?
It's about the same as doing BFA on a single faction.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I probably already asked this somewhere, but how many hours can I expect Shadowlands to take in terms of leveling 50-60, doing the dungeons, and maybe running all the raids in LFR a couple times (doubt I'll have the item level to do much beyond that)?

Going Undead Affliction Warlock with a heroic character so I'll start at 50. No clue when I'm actually gonna do this, so just wondering how much time I need to budget in. I'm thinking like 80 hours?

Rough estimates:
Leveling through the story (required first time): 5-10 hours
1 Covenant story (without flying): 5-10 hours
Current zone story (without flying): 5-10 hours
Gearing up so you can queue: 2-3 hours
LFR: 2-3 hours
All dungeons on normal/heroic: 2-6 hours

Longer if you do side stuff, like more than 1 covenant, Korthia (end game zone from last patch which is irrelevant now unless you want to go through the story), Torghast (beyond the bare minimum to unlock legendary crafting), the Maw, etc…

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So in the end Sylvanas is just Lois Lane level dim when it comes to the Jailer and the whole genocide thing was just sort of a thing to do because she was bored on a Tuesday? I didn't really expect any sort of clever twist to the whole story, but I did expect something that wasn't straight up pathetic.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
So in the end Sylvanas is just Lois Lane level dim when it comes to the Jailer and the whole genocide thing was just sort of a thing to do because she was bored on a Tuesday? I didn't really expect any sort of clever twist to the whole story, but I did expect something that wasn't straight up pathetic.

Not going to defend the shit writing, but the reason behind Sylvanas going all genocide was to send as many souls as possible into the Maw, as that would fuel the Jailer's powers.

Everything that died after the end of Legion (when Argus' soul broke the Arbiter) ended up in the Maw.

But other than that, yeah Sylvanas apparently never saw it coming that the evil big bad in evil armor and wielding a magic called DOMINATION wanted to enslave people.

There's been a theory floating around that really they'd planned for a twist that the Primus would be the big bad behind the Jailer, but they supposedly had to scrap it when they decided to cut Shadowlands short. There's quite a few arguments going for it actually, and it does make the lore a lot less stupid if that's the case.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not going to defend the shit writing, but the reason behind Sylvanas going all genocide was to send as many souls as possible into the Maw, as that would fuel the Jailer's powers.

Everything that died after the end of Legion (when Argus' soul broke the Arbiter) ended up in the Maw.

But other than that, yeah Sylvanas apparently never saw it coming that the evil big bad in evil armor and wielding a magic called DOMINATION wanted to enslave people.

There's been a theory floating around that really they'd planned for a twist that the Primus would be the big bad behind the Jailer, but they supposedly had to scrap it when they decided to cut Shadowlands short. There's quite a few arguments going for it actually, and it does make the lore a lot less stupid if that's the case.
Im not all that interested in the lore, but more of what happens behind the scenes. Everything Ive read points to a cut budget, extended delays and more. Backed up by points in history where they "planned" for announced content in an expansion that ultimately was cut. The WOTLK shit was the only stuff that was cut and I never understood why, unless it was just a money grab for the next expansion. Which is very likely considering who bought the company in that time period.

We can blame a lot of shit on "Woke" culture and all that BS - but the root of the issue stemmed from the Activision purchase. That purchase had rippling effects which caused people to leave BlIzzard that were integral to its success, and their absence has caused the rot to spread from the limbs of the Tree to its roots.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Regardless of budget and other excuses the dev team is floating through back channels, the game sucks because of their design choices and philosophy. For example, covenants weren’t in an acceptable condition until 9.1.5 only due to their own choices. The player base told them in beta that being locked into a covenant sucked and conduit charges were terrible. They actively defended those choices in interviews during beta. This is two expansions in a row with a borrowed power system that was a core game feature being garbage because they refused to listen to their player base. There just isn’t any talent or leadership left there.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
be mad at me all you want but SL isn't so bad in its 9.2 state. If this expansion would have launched with all the alt friendly decisions made over the course of the two years it would have been a way better game. I don't get it why they are so stingy with account wide stuff. WoW being more alt friendly and not so gated wouldn't hurt subscriptions in the long run. Who just play one char still at this point, really?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
be mad at me all you want but SL isn't so bad in its 9.2 state. If this expansion would have launched with all the alt friendly decisions made over the course of the two years it would have been a way better game. I don't get it why they are so stingy with account wide stuff. WoW being more alt friendly and not so gated wouldn't hurt subscriptions in the long run. Who just play one char still at this point, really?

That's 1/2 of most people's complaints about the last few expansions. They release the game in a crippled shitty fuck you state while holding back the obvious changes to make it not complete ass to try and extend player retention except most players just throw the game in the garbage and never return now instead of spending 18 of a 24 month cycle taking a bliz rod up their shitpipe.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Play bullshit for a year and half (while paying the whole time) until the game is in a state you can actually enjoy somewhat?

That's retard shit.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Getting a kick out of the fact that the most recent MMO Champ "leak" is basically the same thing as what I suggested a few pages back with going back to Lordaeron, Quel'Thalas, etc. etc. If thats a real leak and not some BS - I'm just going to pretend that the devs stole all all that from me. lul

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
If 10.0 doesn't include alt friendly and quality of life features at launch, people will probably not come back. Or maybe for a month, until they get triggered again by stupid busy daily quest legwork, just to keep up with their power progression, so they can keep up with the average player base and can keep doing the things they really enjoy.

This is probably why the player community in WoW is turning quite toxic: Everyone is trying to optimize their game time, because over half of it nowadays consists of "things to get done and over with." And if someone fucks up, it costs the other players time, and they tend to get angry.

You can witness the same thing in LoL, as in lower tiers it's probably always someones rank-up match, where they try to escape their own eternal bronze hell.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

They’re dying on the account wide hill. Everything in the game that unlocks should be account wide.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
After playing FF14 there is no way I'm ever playing an alt again if I am forced to redo the same bullshit content on that alt. And I'm fairly sure they're never going to do that, so WoW is really only a game worth playing now for maybe 1-2 months every patch.

They are gonna have to blow me away to even consider buying their new xpac.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
This is probably why the player community in WoW is turning quite toxic: Everyone is trying to optimize their game time, because over half of it nowadays consists of "things to get done and over with." And if someone fucks up, it costs the other players time, and they tend to get angry.
I don't think this is a wow only issue.
You can see a lot of this in many other games, even games like Path of Exile where no one is really necessarily competing.
And does it stray too far from being matched with weak teammates in mobas?

wow is 100% in the frontline in this, but I would wager its more so because the current product attracts that kind of player.
The zoom zoom, if you aren't helping me you are holding me back type of player.
Way back when, I remember that it was a big deal that this one guild that was angry at blizzard shared the strats for Molten Core, nowadays if you don't know all the strats for the raid day1... you are holding everyone back!

This turned into a bit of a rant, sorry.
The internet ruined video games, change my mind!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
WoW has great fundamentals, it would be easy to fix it and make it good again.

Slimy Californian egomaniacs just can't learn the lessons needed.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users