World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
Double rep gain & increased drop chances on legendary cloak components coming tomorrow until the 30th... hmm maybe i should finish it on my rogue lol

Then again the shitty valor barrier is there still, which is a big nope.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there actually any reason to play before the xpac hits? I mean you can just get a free 90 then anyways.

Rime

<Donor>
SoO was not horrible on heroic, up until Thok / Blackfuse, which felt like horribly overtuned encounters.

No 'new' content for close to a year is disgusting, however.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I enjoyed SoO like, the first few times I cleared it. It got old quicker than Dragon Soul did though, imo.

Yeah, damn near 6 months before new content is going to be horrible. If I remember right though, I did the math and determined both ICC and DS went on longer than we'll have to live with SoO in total. Maybe they'll polish up item squish/talent changes/ability purge before the rest of the WoD content is complete and throw us a bone somewhere in the middle of the wait. :p

Needless

Toe Sucker
I enjoyed SoO like, the first few times I cleared it. It got old quicker than Dragon Soul did though, imo.

Yeah, damn near 6 months before new content is going to be horrible. If I remember right though, I did the math and determined both ICC and DS went on longer than we'll have to live with SoO in total. Maybe they'll polish up item squish/talent changes/ability purge before the rest of the WoD content is complete and throw us a bone somewhere in the middle of the wait. :p
I think thats what their plan is from what i read on mmo-champion at some point, SoO will be tuned for the squish in the pre-patch as well as the mystic version being added etc (which will probably just be the current heroic? shrug)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Is it just me or is WoD a TBC rehash? Draenor again?
Yes and no. It's a different Draenor, with just a passing resemblance in geography to the Outland maps. But otherwise, yes, it's probably an attempt to capitalize a bit on nostalgia. After 10 years, most of the subscription churn is probably going to be old players coming to play some new content ("I haven't played since LK!" "I haven't played since Cata!") and giving them golden age feelings is probably more effective than attempting to discover a brand new island that was covered in magic fog.

What's next? Return of the Wrath of the Lich King Two?
Well, we left a good character entombed in ice, with a bunch of Legion-made demonic artefacts and no one to talk to. Anyone expecting him to stay uncorrupted for eternity would be... underestimating Metzen.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Yes and no. It's a different Draenor, with just a passing resemblance in geography to the Outland maps. But otherwise, yes, it's probably an attempt to capitalize a bit on nostalgia. After 10 years, most of the subscription churn is probably going to be old players coming to play some new content ("I haven't played since LK!" "I haven't played since Cata!") and giving them golden age feelings is probably more effective than attempting to discover a brand new island that was covered in magic fog.

Well, we left a good character entombed in ice, with a bunch of Legion-made demonic artefacts and no one to talk to. Anyone expecting him to stay uncorrupted for eternity would be... underestimating Metzen.
Man, I'm really so tired and done with the fucking Orc crap; It's been now two expansions back to back of Orc bullshit being so prominent. Mind you I don't hate Orcs, I just think there are so many races other than Human - Orcs that we hardly expand on them. WTF Happened with the Nauru, where is the legion?, fuck Garrosh already, two expansions of battling/hearing about the guy over and over sickens me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man, I'm really so tired and done with the fucking Orc crap; It's been now two expansions back to back of Orc bullshit being so prominent. Mind you I don't hate Orcs, I just think there are so many races other than Human - Orcs that we hardly expand on them. WTF Happened with the Nauru, where is the legion?, fuck Garrosh already, two expansions of battling/hearing about the guy over and over sickens me.
This. Orcs are like Troll dungeons/raids now.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
where is the legion?
Good question. We had a bait 'n switch with The Burning Crusade, which had little Legion stuff in it for all the title promised. A couple of portals here and there with a few bored demons wandering aimlessly and the last bad guy of the last raid (slight exaggeration, I know). Hardly Burning. But then, they were already focusing their efforts on the Old Gods threat, and the traditional enemies were more and more relegated to a side show.

There might be more Legion stuff here, since we're in a past where they were a little more active (we're talking about the era where they initially corrupt the orcs), but I'm not too hopeful. I do think they should make a massively Legion-oriented expansion. We've got portals all over Outland, dammit! Alas, we're probably getting Azshara + yet another Old God again for the one after.

Rime

<Donor>
Was also quite the 'bait'n'switch' in MoP. Everyone was sure that the next expansion would be involving the Burning Legion heavily, as during the Wrathion Legendary Cloak Quest, you are treated to an ingame scene where he shows a globe of Azeroth, being repeatedly pelted with fiery green meteors.

Shame that what we get is more orcs. As a Horde player, even I am tired of them.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Did the CPU power increase with WOW or something? My computer actually froze and I thought it died (kept giving bad error codes on the mobo) when I was on a ship doing a quest in Durotar. I'm not sure if I can keep playing, though. You can't group with a friend who's 90 (I'm 81) and do a random dungeon assignment cause he's too high. Gay fucking shit.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Did the CPU power increase with WOW or something? My computer actually froze and I thought it died (kept giving bad error codes on the mobo) when I was on a ship doing a quest in Durotar. I'm not sure if I can keep playing, though. You can't group with a friend who's 90 (I'm 81) and do a random dungeon assignment cause he's too high. Gay fucking shit.
They've definitely increased the raw power requirements with the last two expansions. Check your video settings and make sure you don't have the fancier stuff enabled.

Also, fucking lol @ gay shit. I've been trying to tell my wife for YEARS that saying "gay" or "fag" in this context is in no way a derogatory remark against gay people. Thanks for giving me the opportunity for a case example.