World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Guessing Grom winds up making a pact with the Legion after we stomp the iron horde in Tier 1. Garrosh probably dies in T1 so he won't be there to stop him.

EDIT: Funny thought.. as punishment, Kil'Jaeden comes in and makes Grom into the Lich King instead of Ner'zul. Loregasm! /moist

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gathermate probably has an addon that lists all the dirt piles. Theres gathermates for pretty much all those kind of random ground spawn things. perfectly legal
Gathermate only tells you where they could "possibly" spawn. Not if they are there. Nothing legal tracks Dark Soil. A simple google search will turn up what Im talking about though, without directing anyone directly to any specific one. Its pretty prevalent.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Going to pre-order WOD this weekend, and trying to figure out what toon to boost. The allure of the green fire quest, and just overall OP'ness for the next couple months until WoD makes me looking at Warlocks. As I haven't really played that much, I feel like I have so much to do already with just 2 toons, so adding a 3rd, I have no idea what I'm going to do. lol

So on a whim I decided to convert a bunch of spirit of harmonies in to the artifact crates and turned them in for the tol'vir fragments. Second solve ever for tol'vir ended up being the battle tank. Yah yah bug riding.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Gathermate only tells you where they could "possibly" spawn. Not if they are there. Nothing legal tracks Dark Soil. A simple google search will turn up what Im talking about though, without directing anyone directly to any specific one. Its pretty prevalent.
You can just link it for them. We have an exploit thread on the forum. This isn't battle.net forums.

Daidraco

You can just link it for them. We have an exploit thread on the forum. This isn't battle.net forums.
I swear I remember Draegun bitching about people linking shit here and others going ape shit cause we'll supposedly lose the Devs that come here?

Bots and shit
Anyways ~ Apoc, which you can find his handy work everywhere when it comes to WoW, madeQuicktrackin like.. 2013? It hasnt been updated for quite some time, but I checked the end of that thread and they are saying it still works even with this patch. The program tracks fucking.. everything. It supposedly doesnt alter memory and isnt able to be caught by Warden, but since it hasnt been updated in so long I wouldnt guarantee it. Apoc generally tries to stay with Honor Buddy though, because the HB teams first priority is to track any changes with Warden. If you spend the money to get Honorbuddy and use it, you're technically botting then and thats going over the line for a lot of people. But Honorbuddy has a world mesh and tracks world objects a billion times better than Quicktrack and is also safer for your account. So really, it all comes down to what you feel comfortable with. Honorbuddy is ridiculously popular and once you start using it, your ability to pick up on other people using it sky rockets so dont get paranoid. Example: Druid buddy is basically able to heal the entire fucking Heroic 10 man Raid in SoO by himself, and yet have a full conversation with me while Im tanking. Get the fuck out of here, man.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Honorbuddy is awesome. You can do Heroic raids with that thing. It's also great for doing all your dailes while you go do something else.

Daidraco

Honorbuddy is awesome. You can do Heroic raids with that thing. It's also great for doing all your dailes while you go do something else.
The Developer Community for all the buddy programs are straight up awesome. I have a man crush on Apoc cause he personally helped me set up two questing profiles. One takes me through Hellfire, and the other through Nagrand. Two zones that I personally, fucking hate with a passion. Since WoW isnt doing shit right now, hes stopped messing with any of those projects and has built a working wildstar buddy program. Hes going a little crazy with the Wild Star Buddy bot, though. Hes data mined every telegraph in that game and has put that information into the character movement part of the Buddy Bot. He has to be a ridiculously good coder to do that - but when the bot is so good that its trivializing even heroic content, its kind of just... whats the point? then.

xzi

Mouthbreather
God damn it, I tried playing a few weeks ago with the 7day thing but I just couldn't do it, was far too bored with it. MoP was the first expansion I didn't entirely like, but II think I'm going to end up trying WoD.

Also I realized that even though I no longer play WoW, I have been keeping up with Warcraft Lore for the last 12 years. God damn. I'm gettin' a lil excited for this based on that fact alone.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Developer Community for all the buddy programs are straight up awesome. I have a man crush on Apoc cause he personally helped me set up two questing profiles. One takes me through Hellfire, and the other through Nagrand. Two zones that I personally, fucking hate with a passion. Since WoW isnt doing shit right now, hes stopped messing with any of those projects and has built a working wildstar buddy program. Hes going a little crazy with the Wild Star Buddy bot, though. Hes data mined every telegraph in that game and has put that information into the character movement part of the Buddy Bot. He has to be a ridiculously good coder to do that - but when the bot is so good that its trivializing even heroic content, its kind of just... whats the point? then.
It is awesome, but the class profiles that let your buddy do that are not the HB devs. Most of the classes have 1 mega popular profile that is just bad ass. TuanHA for example and any of the classes that he supports. Even his free profiles are bad ass, let alone the ones he charges for off his personal site.

The problem I'm worried about is come WoD, when HB is down for a month or so which is apparently normal for expansions, I'm not going to be able to do shit. lol.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Fuck yeah. lol. Pureblood Orcs basically the equivelent to Nazis trying to wipe out anyone who isn't an Orc.

Also, does anyone know of any good emu servers? I feel like fuckin' around but I really have no desire to pay a subscription cause I'm only gonna play for like 3 days probably.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a lot of parallels to the WC3 cinematic too, namely Grom's jump attack on Mannoroth, who then explodes when killed. Only this time Garrosh jumps in to save his dad.
Do we know at this juncture if Grom knows who Garrosh is? (his kid)

Chris

Potato del Grande
FWIW, the rares you'll run into while in MoP are pretty challenging - especially pre-raid gear. Hell, they may be impossible to solo (at least some of them) pre-raid gear for some classes. Even with raid gear, you pretty much have to play perfectly. Many of them basically have one-or-more one-shot abilities. Raid gear just means you have the DPS to nuke them down quicker so you don't have to deal with their mechanics very long.
Oh I forgot about those, they tend to drop crap though? They were awesome when you found one though, more stuff like that please... like one in each enemy camp.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't play but my wife and daughter do. My daughter gets a kick out of being able to do heroics as the bot takes care of the rotations for her. I take care of their dailes and farming for them and they actually get to just have fun and enjoy the game without all the grindy parts of it. I'm sure other people feel the same way. I don't allow it in PVP though cause I personally think that's bullshit.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
Do we know at this juncture if Grom knows who Garrosh is? (his kid)
Maybe the MoP timeline Garrosh met the WoD timeline Garrosh who could've been a kid at the time and told him how things would play out. So the WoD timeline Garrosh would be Grom's kid and they would know each other.

Never liked timeline or alternate timeline stories.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Huge fan of vanilla/TBC WoW but stopped playing during Cata. Never bought Pandaria. For someone who is super casual now due to a lot of family stuff going on, will there be anything in WoD worthwhile for someone who solos most of the time now?

Bruman

Golden Squire
Oh I forgot about those, they tend to drop crap though? They were awesome when you found one though, more stuff like that please... like one in each enemy camp.
If you could kill them while leveling, it'd be useful. After that, it's mostly for achievements and just for fun.

Huge fan of vanilla/TBC WoW but stopped playing during Cata. Never bought Pandaria. For someone who is super casual now due to a lot of family stuff going on, will there be anything in WoD worthwhile for someone who solos most of the time now?
Fucking tons. I just came back a month ago, (last played early Cata). My guild is completely dead, and I still have more than I can do in a typical evening. Questing, achievements, rep grinds, profession grinds (cooking exploded in MoP), farming various mounts/pets from old raids/dungeons, pet battles, not to mention easily accessible group content through queueing for scenarios, heroic/normal dungeons, and LFR (Looking For Raid).

Edit: also Timeless Isle stuff and brawler's guild.