World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

Most fail brewmasters just don't know how to use their abilities. Chances are he wasn't keeping shuffle up, using elusive brew and purifying when needed, or just wasn't managing his energy. The hardest time to be a brew is when you just hit max level and need to get geared, primarily because you tend to be energy starved and have trouble using kegsmash on cooldown and your crit rating blows, so you don't get EB stacks.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ah I see. Well whatever, I'm currently playing diablo ladder but I can't wait to get this pally to cap.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Most fail brewmasters just don't know how to use their abilities. Chances are he wasn't keeping shuffle up, using elusive brew and purifying when needed, or just wasn't managing his energy. The hardest time to be a brew is when you just hit max level and need to get geared, primarily because you tend to be energy starved and have trouble using kegsmash on cooldown and your crit rating blows, so you don't get EB stacks.
They don't get elusive brew until 40ish and purifying brew until 75, but I think it's just a case of 40-70 having really bad tanks for some reason. Dude was probably not using shuffle at all or something. I've seen paladins in the same tier not using righteous fury, so anything is possible. I was venting on another forum that as a mistweaver I had a string of 5-6 tanks who were somehow fucking up instances by pulling entire rooms and not ever using any taunts ever apparently, so I would have pulls where there were 4-5 mobs on me at times.

I said fuck it and respecced to brewmaster, and blazed through about 10 levels without ever losing aggro just by spamming jab, keg, blackout kick to keep shuffle up, and self healing as needed. Pop elusive on bosses and big pulls. I feel like once I get purifying brew I will be king of the dungeon finder. I did that in my mistweaver int gear too, so I suspect tanks at that tier are just fucking awful in general and it's definitely a case of player sucking, because BM itself feels crazy powerful to me while leveling.

I really am digging MW/BM mechanics though. They feel pretty interesting.

Neno

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been having a lot of problems trying to download/play.

When MoP first came out I had 0 issues downloading, patching and playing but since I have recently wanted to come back it has taken me about 2 weeks to even download about 30% of the game. I can atleast log in and play but it takes so long to load instances/npcs because the download isn't complete that its not really worth it. I live in East Asia and so I'm not sure if they did something in the last year or so that would prevent me from being able to get the game. If I use something like Hotspot shield I can usually connect for a little bit but if I don't use any kind of VPN than it won't even let me launch the game at all where as I never had to use one to play before.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, Id like to know what that monk was doing to be so squishy? You can face roll the buttons on the keyboard up until Timeless Isle and be a better tank than most classic tanks. Does not compute in the slightest. Especially when you say he was using BoA's cause even w/o shuffle, and purifying brew, Best in Slot gear would have kept tanking cake mode.

Lei Shen or w/e was one of the few bosses I never had the opportunity to experience on Heroic. Kind of wish I did cause I just hear so much about him, but Im not even sure I did that raid more than once and that was LFR. The only boss that gave me problems is Elegon, and thats cause he made me upgrade my graphics card up from my Geforece 465. Bastard wouldnt let my computer stay relevant.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Brewmaster taunt's +30% movespeed was so handy on Lei Shen. GET YOUR FAT ASS TO THE NEXT PILLAR DAMNIT.

Daidraco

WoW did a good job of making everyone think of their Monk as a fat ass Gummi Bear, regardless of race. If I only had some damn Gummiberry Juice!

Tol_sl

shitlord
WoW did a good job of making everyone think of their Monk as a fat ass Gummi Bear, regardless of race. If I only had some damn Gummiberry Juice!
I like to think of my monk as angry-drunk panda stepdad. He seems happy enough just chilling and /dancing the party rock song, but then suddenly without warning he's yelling and throwing his beer at people and breaking kegs over heads and fightin' round the world. Instead of talking about his highschool football days, my monk will tell everyone about the time he almost went pro but then got a career ending fracture right before quarm, and then the recruiters dropped him like a hot potato and he didn't even get a cloth cap, so now he drinks and gets fatter and remembers the time when he could have been legend.

Gotta reroll on moongaurd with backstory this deep.

I like to think of my monk as angry-drunk panda stepdad. He seems happy enough just chilling and /dancing the party rock song, but then suddenly without warning he's yelling and throwing his beer at people and breaking kegs over heads and fightin' round the world. Instead of talking about his highschool football days, my monk will tell everyone about the time he almost went pro but then got a career ending fracture right before quarm, and then the recruiters dropped him like a hot potato and he didn't even get a cloth cap, so now he drinks and gets fatter and remembers the time when he could have been legend.

Gotta reroll on moongaurd with backstory this deep.
Roll on WrA if you want some semi shit raiding with your RP instead of the absolute shit raiding you'd get on MG!

Was actually surprised to see WrA as the 35th ranked server overall when I was looking where to settle after coming back. Used to have an alt there that I would help my Ex wife and her guild raid with off and on. I don't think I've ever seen a worse AH and raiding scene then on that RP server.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Honestly, Id like to know what that monk was doing to be so squishy? You can face roll the buttons on the keyboard up until Timeless Isle and be a better tank than most classic tanks. Does not compute in the slightest. Especially when you say he was using BoA's cause even w/o shuffle, and purifying brew, Best in Slot gear would have kept tanking cake mode.
monk is the class with the absolutely lowest innate survivability. If you don't keep your mitigation and avoidance up, you'll just fall over. Once you learn it, extremely fun, but definitely not the easiest tank to start off with. Baddies should play blood dk

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did Stormstout Brewery and Jade Temple several times while levelling, you don't really need a healer there, I often ran it with an elemental shaman that tossed a few healing surges. Brewmasters are just that good at tanking.

Daidraco

monk is the class with the absolutely lowest innate survivability. If you don't keep your mitigation and avoidance up, you'll just fall over. Once you learn it, extremely fun, but definitely not the easiest tank to start off with. Baddies should play blood dk
I know, trust me. Its most evident when you're stunned or in the choke hold of an NPC before Normal Garrosh. I couldnt imagine that hallway on Heroic. But to say you cant just push keys cause theyre up as youlevel(which was the original argument) is a little obnoxious and wrong lol. Monks are just retarded easy type of dumb to level.

Also, the Death Knight premium combat routine by Tuanha is incredibly complex for the tank spec. Ive looked at it in Visual Studio and compared it to the Warriors. The difference between a shitty DK tank and a good one was evident already, but a skilled one is by no means face roll easy. Cant believe DK's still have that rep after so many years.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I've got my protection warrior up to 53. So far its been a lot of fun to play with a lot of reactive abilities keeping me nonstop pushing buttons. In terms of complexity/skill required to play it well, how does protection warrior compare to the other tank specs?

Daidraco

Trash is the same on normal and heroic.
I never made it to that Tunnel. I never did get past Siege Crafter on Heroic and I refuse to pay someone to carry my ass. I guess, secretly, I wanted that tunnel to be just as much of a bitch as it originally was.

Daidraco

I've got my protection warrior up to 53. So far its been a lot of fun to play with a lot of reactive abilities keeping me nonstop pushing buttons. In terms of complexity/skill required to play it well, how does protection warrior compare to the other tank specs?
Theyre doing really well in WoD. The whole theme for Warriors in WoD is to get back in touch with the Warriors roots in Classic. Back when they were really the only tank in town. You can only hope they get back to being that OP in comparison. lol

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can find several people commenting on the state of the warrior now and in beta. Protection is and has been very enjoyable for me since WotLK, the design was just that good, although I dearly miss Concussive Blow, the spec has always been quite fun. Arms and Fury are not very fun in my opinion, that's why I don't really play them.
The only issue I have with all tanks, except the Brewmaster, is when you need to pick up a large amount of adds *now* or when these adds come out a few a time and you're there swearing to all the deities because tclap is on cooldown, Cleave sucks, maybe even Shockwave is on cooldown and you have that short window of frustration. The monk can just Spinning Crane Kick until his eyes bleed and pick up everything he needs, while moving.
Normally it's not a big deal, there are ways to avoid having any troubles in such situations, but with the monk it's so... fucking easy and effortless that is amazing, on the other hand hand you've a lot more things to monitor.

For me the pick has always been according to the offspec available, how fun and thematic it is, how smooth is the priority system and so on and so forth.
In WoD I'm still torn between Death Knight and Monk, with an unlikely return to the druid always there as an extra option. It's all about picking a main character for the expansion, one that raids, that does the legendary quest, the factions, etc., but I still want a godly soloer as main, so a self healing tank is my usual pick and the various dpsers are my alts, after all it's just 11 classes to get to 100
wink.png

Saban_sl

shitlord
How is Frost/Blood DK doing in WoD so far? Cant see me changing mains, too much time invested in my DK and i still enjoy frost, but i wouldnt mind trying out tanking again, its been a couple expansions.