World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The only way you're swimming in GR is if you have both lumber mill and trading post, and do not have a war mill/bunker. That in turn means you don't have either an inn or a barn, which is not how most people build their garrison if they want it to be optimized.

That said, the current state of the bunker rank 2 and barn rank 3 work orders are so fucking retarded that you haven't gimped yourself as much as you would have if they had been designed by someone reasonable.
The GR-generating buildings were underestimated vastly in all the theorycrafting, I'm glad I switched away from barn midway so I dont feel burned about it. I didnt beta, did they nerf the barn right before release or did all the guides jump on the blood train with the shitty drop rate that it has on live?

In the same vein, bunker doesnt seem that great either except for the burst of epics in Nagrand, it just saves you the gold/time of getting your third reroll. I have it at lvl1 and will tear it down eventually, not gonna keep it around to suck away my GR and save me some gold (500/week I think?).

I certainly hope they expand on the Mission system with content updates, instead of having the same missions just give different loot based on your raid tier.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'll have a simple example. I have a weaponsmith alt (played as a complete casual alt).
In MoP, he started out making himself a set of green qual armor (with the exception of bracers, who went straight blue qual).
I think its a fair point that you dislike the direction they went with professions. That it originally was a route for alts to twink themselves and its obvious from the forums that many people liked it... however... I also see why Blizzard thought that was ultimately pretty irrelevent. They shower you with decent gear via quests; my wife had absolutely zero issues leveling via quests and shes new to computer gaming and this is her first MMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Bliz fleshed out the 90-100 recipe list a bit to make some gear better than quest gear but worse than dungeons.

Instead, Blizzard quite clearly pushed Professions into a means of progression for non-raiders, very infrequent raiders, or really bad raiders. Thereisa demand for this. I haven't seen the numbers, but you know there are a ton of Wow players who just dick around and don't really put any time or effort into raiding. They can look towards the Profession cooldowns as a means to equip up -- so what if it will take a few months? They've been playing this game at their own rate for years.
Yep. Casual? Don't bother with professions, they're no longer for you.
Disagree completely. What the fuck does this even mean? My casual wife can build herself a 630 ilvl gun in a few more days. She's never assigned a follower and has missed numerous cooldowns;this is how casual players play WoW. That it'll take her longer to upgrade it is irrelevant to her; she isn't under any time pressure, its just something to work towards.Professions are FOR the casual player now-- the more dedicated WoW player may use them to shore up a RNG-hates-you hole but ultimately, they'll be receiving the majority of their gear from weekly raiding.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm at 810 skill, so ~72% chance to get an enormous. Don't pools have a better chance (or are you able to fish them without the necessary bait types)?

If I just need bait, then fuck it I'm set.
Bait works just fine for enormous, you just have to be in the right area for that type of fish.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Bait works just fine for enormous, you just have to be in the right area for that type of fish.
Bait works, but fuck I still caught a ton of crescent saberfish. Going from pools means I never catch saberfish, so it was a shitload faster even with moving. 4/7...

Elerion

N00b
Uhm, I've completed every single fishing daily including Ammonite within 5-10 minutes by flying to the relevant zone, slapping on a tasty worm, fishing until I get a fish specific bait, then fishing up 10 Enormous X in like 20 casts.

Oh holy shit I just realized you were talking about Draenor Angler, and that it's required for the level 3 shack. Yeah, fuck that. I'll get that in due course as I complete the daily, I suppose.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of fishing. I have yet to receive a daily for fucking Sea Scorpions.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Total fucking bullshit.

A great GROUP sets the pace for a dungeon, a great tank takes ADVANTAGE of that great group to make shit faster.
No, I carry groups by myself because I'm good at the game and well-geared. At 640ish ilvl now on my brewmaster coupled with the buffs, I have no problem pulling 10 or so mobs while requiring little healing, even in complete pick up groups. A good tank can carry a group on his shoulders, but a good healer can just act as a fire extinguisher. Won't be able to do much if the tank is retarded

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
When fishing I just use a hook (100) or worm (200) plus the bonus from my fishing rod and hat (or is the hat only a click buff? Hmm well I wear it regardless) and manage to get plenty of desired enormous fish with bait.

You almost always get a fresh bait within the first dozen casts after using it so I keep a bait on me for each fish and just veg out while reading guild chat and tossing the line in waiting for the daily queue. I haven't finished all the achievements for the level 3 shack yet, but I'm within 20 fish of each type to get there and am in really no big hurry since I've burned through a lot of content already.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
DK's a question on loot specialization, specifically weapons. Is the below right? Loot specialization set to = drops

Frost = 1h (saw 2h can drop on forums? not sure if current)
Unholy = 2h weapons
Blood = 2h weapons

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Frost is 1H/2H, others are correct.

Frost can be 2H DPS or dual-wield.
Thank you sir.

So when the boss dies the way these seals work is if something is in your specializations loot list (weapons, trinkets, jews) and you want it you would spend an extra seal to roll again for a chance of loot?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Uhm, I've completed every single fishing daily including Ammonite within 5-10 minutes by flying to the relevant zone, slapping on a tasty worm, fishing until I get a fish specific bait, then fishing up 10 Enormous X in like 20 casts.

Oh holy shit I just realized you were talking about Draenor Angler, and that it's required for the level 3 shack. Yeah, fuck that. I'll get that in due course as I complete the daily, I suppose.
Yeah, I'm looking for 50-80 in a sitting. I've got Ammonites, Sea Scorps, Whiptails, and Fatties all done. Doing Gulpers, Jawless, and Sturgeons "next".

While doing Whiptails in Shattrath, I caught 2 crescent sabertails total (for ~100 enormous) and was pretty close to 70% enormous rate (no species bait needed, clicky from weather beaten hat, Walrus Rod, and +fishing from the hat), because I sat in the pool under Terrorwalker and went from pool spawn to pool spawn (and even got the sparkly pool spawn for GR). Doing Ammonites, and I had ~20 sabertails in ~50 enormous ammonite. Though it was nice to just sit and fish. I did catch a bait everytime I was about to run out (it's gotta be coded that way) and it was in addition to the catch.

I'd straight up MURDER for the pandaren charm to work here.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I don't mind the crescent saberfish too much. You can use them to PL alchemy from 1-at least 600. Granted alchemy is kind of a crap profession, but I have an alt with it for flasks.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of fishing. I have yet to receive a daily for fucking Sea Scorpions.
Thats an easy one go to south port in spires of arak and fish next to the flight path sea scorp node spawn all around that area and its totally safe no hostile things in the area to disrupt your fishing.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think you won the game. lol @ those scavengers.
Hell I am happy with even two scavengers three would be super spectacular. Seriously I cannot stress this enough if you wind up at 100 without a scavenger or two and you were ever tempted to make the inn do it and grab 2 or 3 scavenger followers. Those buggers will pay for themselves and your inn in very little time.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't mind the crescent saberfish too much. You can use them to PL alchemy from 1-at least 600. Granted alchemy is kind of a crap profession, but I have an alt with it for flasks.
Speaking of alchemy, I ran into something weird. I had alchemy on my warrior prior to 6.0, and I know mixology and the perks from elixir mastery and pot mastery etc are gone for all the new crafting at 700 skill, but every time I drink a flask with her the icon displays 2 hours duration (no prior flask buff before drinking it)

On my DK at 700 alch as well, same specializations (not like it matters), flasks display a 60 minutes duration which is normal.

Is my war bugged and enjoying the mixology perk still? Wtf is going on there?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Thats an easy one go to south port in spires of arak and fish next to the flight path sea scorp node spawn all around that area and its totally safe no hostile things in the area to disrupt your fishing.
I think he means he hasn't had to go fish for them specifically for the daily quest.

Speaking of the daily quest, I don't even bother with it anymore since I'm at 700 skill and have the rewards (or better). Sort of wish there was something else that would drop from the bag (like those fucking shattrath pets from TBC).

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Speaking of swimming in GR, there is another way you can be swimming in it. Make sure to get your alts at least through the opening sequence. You can collect up to 500 GR in your bucket that has to be retrieved every couple of days. Even if you aren't going to play that alt, it could be worth it on the off chance you do.

If you want to go one step beyond that, complete SMV, Gogrond up to Glirin, and grab Blook / Pleasure-bot. This gives you a decent force of followers that can steadily run most missions. I did this on my druid and got to level 94. Now, even though I do not have scavengers, I am accumulating GR and will have full (or near) 615 gear by the time I feel like playing my druid again.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hell I am happy with even two scavengers three would be super spectacular. Seriously I cannot stress this enough if you wind up at 100 without a scavenger or two and you were ever tempted to make the inn do it and grab 2 or 3 scavenger followers. Those buggers will pay for themselves and your inn in very little time.
I would but I need to upgrade to lvl3 to get a new medium plot. I don't really want to tear down my lumber mill to replace it with an Inn.