World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So I haven't been able to get in long enough to check yet, but apparently scaling in old raids is kind of fucked. As in much harder than it was before the patch.

I remember back after the first stat squish at the end of MoP, they added super hax damage multipliers for all the Vanilla->Cata raids, apparently they forgot to do it for the MoP->Legion raids this time.
Yup I was watching Asmongold do some raids and was having difficulty killing the bosses.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yup I was watching Asmongold do some raids and was having difficulty killing the bosses.
I'm still doing fine in Siege of Orgrimmar. Or, I was, before all the shit went down. It was definitely taking longer to kill things, though; the problem is that I can't tell if that's just because a bunch of shit changed with skills or if that's legit because things are harder now.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ugh so WoD raids drop 0-1 loot if you solo them now? Since Legacy loot only works if you are +10 levels higher. So my plan of doing all the WoD content and collecting appearances over the next month before BFA is fucked :(

Legacy Loot Doesnt Work - World of Warcraft Forums

Also apparently they heavily nerfed leveling exp. Dungeons are taking 3x longer, and not giving the huge chunk of exp for completion (only happens once a week). I've been leveling a Hunter in dungeons and really enjoying it, but not if EXP is basically 3-4x slower.. With ability pruning and not getting a talent every level and thus not having that much to look forward to with each level, I can't cope with speeds 3-4x slower than what they are now. Guess I'm going to use my 110 boost and that's that... which is said because I'm an altaholic.

What the actual fuck. All this intense love I've been confessing for WoW lately has fucked me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Sounds like it. On the plus side at 120 you will rape Garrosh like he has never been raped before.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Legacy loot works just fine. People can't read. It's raids of 11 levels or lower, and WoD is level 100 (so 10 levels lower).

Once BfA hits, and people level to 111, Legacy Loot will work in WoD (at least, it should).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Heavily nerfing dungeon exp for leveling 1-110 is such fucking bullshit. Sometimes I want to level an alt entirely in dungeons. Sometimes I want to level an alt almost entirely with quests. Now they are forcing me to play the way they want me to? What the fuck man. Who is this new guy in charge and how do I murder him?

Legacy loot works just fine. People can't read. It's raids of 11 levels or lower, and WoD is level 100 (so 10 levels lower).

Once BfA hits, and people level to 111, Legacy Loot will work in WoD (at least, it should).

I know I read that too, but the point is you can't get any loot from WoD right now right? Or you get 0-1 pieces, as if you were in a normal raid and got lucky?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yup. That's how it works for now. I suspect it'll change, given the amount of screaming that's headed their way right now.

It's a shit change and they know it.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yup. That's how it works for now. I suspect it'll change, given the amount of screaming that's headed their way right now.

It's a shit change and they know it.

According to that thread it used to be +10 and they purposely changed it to +11, because god forbid if we can farm Legion raids efficiently at 120.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
didn't it say server RESTART? ugh... it's been like an hoooooouuuuuuuurrrrr

xzi

Mouthbreather
The interesting thing about the servers being down all day is that they're very committed to slowing the game down and making it feel like classic wow; so much so that we have 16 hour maintenance days again

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know this complete and total anecdotal and just a person opinion, but I still feel like Blizzard have made a big mistake rushing out BfA, and it does feel rushed for sure. I know they want to avoid things like 13 month Siege of Org stale content and they have constantly promised to release content faster even though that is hit or miss really. Legion was obviously worked on a decent amount and you could tell by how smooth the launch was, the pre-patch was smooth even if the event had some fucked scaling issues.

BfA is the first expansion that they announced a release date on so early almost a year ahead of time. You hear about issues with BfA from the beta testers that things feel uninspired and unfinished. They say the talents are pretty much garbage with the artifact necklace and there are some serious problems with class design or lack there of knowing that some classes aren't even getting a pass until 8.1 admitted by the Dev's themselves. It really feel's like this needs a few more months of polish and they should of never promised a specific release date. If they took a couple months to finish up and test all this shit down to the stat squish and old world scaling I feel like it would be worth it. Delaying this until October or even November wouldn't of been a big deal if it meant that was released in a polished state.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
According to that thread it used to be +10 and they purposely changed it to +11, because god forbid if we can farm Legion raids efficiently at 120.

Yeah a last minute change that wasn't data mined I guess? So really last minute and sneaky. What the fuck is going on over there? Is this that one new guy in charge? Apparently he's a lawyer? These changes they are making don't even seem like they would bring in that much $$$. I could be wrong, but do they really believe slowing the leveling in dungeons by 300-400% will bring in that many 110 character boosts? Seems to me like they'd bring in inactives... When I started up again a few weeks ago I started with a brand new Monk because I couldn't remember my account info and wanted to roll alliance anyways. I almost quit in my late teens because the leveling was too slow and boring. With the severe ability pruning and no talents and only having 2 things to press and looking at my spellbook to see only 1 other ability coming like 11 levels later was just.... not great. Dungeons really helped those boring patches of levels along and now they've gone and said "fuck you, we want you out in the world, play the game the way WE say you should play it, bitch."

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Making your game shittier to sell boosts has to have awful diminishing returns.

edit - the Survival derp I've been messing around with is just so completely different than it was before that I'm really confused. It lost melee stuff in favor of ranged stuff for some reason?

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Monk feels interesting right now.

With HT and ISB up I sit at 87% stagger. That's nearly NH level. Haven't done anything in practice yet since we had to cancel the raid.

Seeing myself with 50k hp was disheartening. I thought the stat squish would hit harder.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know this complete and total anecdotal and just a person opinion, but I still feel like Blizzard have made a big mistake rushing out BfA, and it does feel rushed for sure. I know they want to avoid things like 13 month Siege of Org stale content and they have constantly promised to release content faster even though that is hit or miss really. Legion was obviously worked on a decent amount and you could tell by how smooth the launch was, the pre-patch was smooth even if the event had some fucked scaling issues.

Legion launch was a shit show bro. Have you forgotten how many bugs and restarts there were? It was as bad as I can remember since vanilla.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Someone explain to me how stat budgets are possible now with older loot? Like I already mentioned I have two relics of different ilvl that have the exact same stats.

How is Classic Raid loot supposed to be different from TBC raid loot with how little room they have for stat budgets? Like I'm browsing through the stats of these things and finding classic items with more stamina than TBC raid items.

BfA is the first expansion that they announced a release date on so early almost a year ahead of time. You hear about issues with BfA from the beta testers that things feel uninspired and unfinished. They say the talents are pretty much garbage with the artifact necklace and there are some serious problems with class design or lack there of knowing that some classes aren't even getting a pass until 8.1 admitted by the Dev's themselves. It really feel's like this needs a few more months of polish and they should of never promised a specific release date. If they took a couple months to finish up and test all this shit down to the stat squish and old world scaling I feel like it would be worth it. Delaying this until October or even November wouldn't of been a big deal if it meant that was released in a polished state.

Way to piss on my "Oh my god this game is so good right now and it's only getting better and better" parade. I will be so bummed if BFA sucks, because the idea that expansions were going to continue to be as high quality as Legion really gave me hope in the MMOsphere in general and hope that WoW would be my game of choice for the foreseeable future and would be a consistently quality experience.