World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Orgrimmar is way better than Stormwind. I like the Horde aesthetic a lot but I've never leveled the other side at all.
Ironforge is the best Alliance city. Bank and AH right next to each other and the mage guild is a quarter turn around the circle from each.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ironforge is the best Alliance city. Bank and AH right next to each other and the mage guild is a quarter turn around the circle from each.
Mark Kern said the reason why Stormwind is a maze of canals and shit is because it fit the aesthetic yes, but primarily they were deathly afraid of lagging out the city due to rendering. By the time they realized this wasn't really a problem they didn't have time to redesign it. It's why Orgrimmar, Undercity, Ironforge, etc are much better designed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any particular reason that alliance almost always outnumbers the horde? I played vanilla back in the day and I wanted horde, but found most people were alliance. Still seems to be the case now it seems?

I don't give 2 shits about world pvp, as it's always an outnumber gank fest anyways and one faction always ends up at a 99:1 ratio one way or the other eventually anyways.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Any particular reason that alliance almost always outnumbers the horde? I played vanilla back in the day and I wanted horde, but found most people were alliance. Still seems to be the case now it seems?

I don't give 2 shits about world pvp, as it's always an outnumber gank fest anyways and one faction always ends up at a 99:1 ratio one way or the other eventually anyways.

The allure of the Elwynn > Westfall > Redridge > Duskwood progression.

It's easy, mindless leveling.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

for a multitude of reasons, namely:

Alliance was designed first and far more time was spent on it, thus they have a smoother leveling experience. Not to say that both sides don't have "gaps" in quests where you end up roaming around looking for quests in your level range, that was by design to get you to explore the world, but the alliance experience is far cleaner than horde.

Aesthetics. Women, faggots, and trannies won't play horde because all horde races are "ugly". They did their best to feminize the female horde character models late in beta but it wasn't enough. Bitches won't play horde until blood elves and between trannies, faggots, and actual women you're talking an easy 20% of the player base automatically default alliance.

Balance: Paladins are better at paladin'ing than Shaman are at Shaman'ing. PVE is far easier on Alliance side than Horde. This is evident even in group dungeons but becomes far more obvious in raids. Giving the side with threat problems more random, uncontrollable proc based melee threat (windfury) and trying to balance it out with chain heals (cus more people end up taking hits due to threat) is ok I guess in BRD but it does not fucking work in raids.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Faction population really was dependent on the community. The raid and pvp scene heavily influenced that. I never really played on an unbalanced server for a long time.

Tide27

I thought Id fire this up and see if I could enjoy wow again, and now I am slain by the log in monster. I know my account name, and I know my pwd. Everytime I try to log in it asks for some capcha to copy, and I cant get passed it...everytime it says it cant verify me lol.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Back in vanilla everyone on Hyjal seemed to hang out in IF. Nowadays in classic people seem to be in SW more, not sure why when IFs layout is so much better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I know my account name, and I know my pwd. Everytime I try to log in it asks for some capcha to copy, and I cant get passed it...everytime it says it cant verify me lol.
Do you dream of electric sheep?

cinemagraph GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Back in vanilla everyone on Hyjal seemed to hang out in IF. Nowadays in classic people seem to be in SW more, not sure why when IFs layout is so much better.
Expansion content was closer to Stormwind so people got more used to it.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Flows down the cigarette then rises up?

pexels-photo-165934.jpeg.png

Both inside and along the outside. Though I'm not sure if it still does that with the those glue strip things in the paper to keep people from burning down their trailers. I haven't smoked in a long time.