World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scrolling races, too many choices most with some pretty strong sounding abilities, kinda hard to choose though I'm sure aside from only classic races, vanilla would be far closer to original? Usually played human, think when I farted around in legion w/ wife I was worgen but stayed in human form as much as possible. But now a mechgnome sounds nice from QOL stuff if not raw good stats. (Dragonflight is like a sub dlc within the new within expansion lol?)

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Nirgon is a moron and doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
correct.

You need a wow sub to play wow. that will let you play some version of retail (idk i think you need to own the expansion too?), Classic (Vanilla WoW), Progression (currently at WOTLK, moving to Cataclysm next year) and Classic Seasonal servers. The upcoming season is Season of Discovery which has all these crazy rune things in them.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I was looking forward to trying MM hunter with that 30% crit from sniper and 25% dmg from lone wolf. But both got nerfed hard already. The first to just 10% and the latter to 15%.

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

correct.

You need a wow sub to play wow. that will let you play some version of retail (idk i think you need to own the expansion too?), Classic (Vanilla WoW), Progression (currently at WOTLK, moving to Cataclysm next year) and Classic Seasonal servers. The upcoming season is Season of Discovery which has all these crazy rune things in them.
So I thought the levels will advance, but your saying it gets shutdown at some point, ie in 3 months caps raised to 60 eventually then shut down a month later, or just stays stagnant like it sounds like classic is? Didnt realize there's a classic that what stays capped at naxx and progression that will eventually catch up?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Says here they got funded in 2021/2022

Blizzard has billions of dollars and uses morons like you as an ATM machine

Literally paying 2 months of subs for lvl 25 cap WoW lmao
I laughed my ass off at this post. You ain’t wrong, but you are not the right messenger to deliver this missive.

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I was looking forward to trying MM hunter with that 30% crit from sniper and 25% dmg from lone wolf. But both got nerfed hard already. The first to just 10% and the latter to 15%.
They are still powerful and should scale well.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I thought the levels will advance, but your saying it gets shutdown at some point, ie in 3 months caps raised to 60 eventually then shut down a month later, or just stays stagnant like it sounds like classic is? Didnt realize there's a classic that what stays capped at naxx and progression that will eventually catch up?
Lasts a year then rolls into a Vanilla era sever in perpetuity (at least that’s what the prior one did).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will be interesting to see. A year would put each phase(level cap) at 3 months each. If it rolls into the vanilla server, I would think that means they don't expect you to really do vanilla raids(some will obviously) but just do the level up raids in each phase. Why grind out 60 raids if you are just going to be mashed into people who all have max raid gear already. Which is fine by me, just do new stuff. Then after a year they can make something else.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Lasts a year then rolls into a Vanilla era sever in perpetuity (at least that’s what the prior one did).
Yeah, but how's that going to work if you have loot that doesn't exist in Vanilla? lol

This feels like more of a test for something new entirely. An extended PTR.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Will be interesting to see. A year would put each phase(level cap) at 3 months each. If it rolls into the vanilla server, I would think that means they don't except you to really do vanilla raids(some will obviously) but just do the level up raids in each phase. Why grind out 60 raids if you are just going to be mashed into people who all have max raid gear already. Which is fine by me, just do new stuff. Then after a year they can make something else.
Endgame will probably be phased as well. So, I'm assuming 6-8 weeks per level tier and then maybe 6 weeks per raid tier?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I laughed my ass off at this post. You ain’t wrong, but you are not the right messenger to deliver this missive.

Yeah supporting grass roots company vs a huge, slimy bought out desecration of something we used to love

same thing!

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do yall see any longevity to this type of game play? I am not really a fan of seasonal type gaming, and really only familiar with it on the arpg front..ie..D3.

Very curious to what type of lasting power this has in an mmo, as I am not sure it's been done before.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do yall see any longevity to this type of game play? I am not really a fan of seasonal type gaming, and really only familiar with it on the arpg front..ie..D3.

Very curious to what type of lasting power this has in an mmo, as I am not sure it's been done before.

I don't mind it if it is trying new things on each iteration.

To give an example: EQ TLP. I did the boring normal version once and could never do the same thing every few months over and over again. But when they started doing new things, trying new things, its fun to jump in and have some fun before its boring again.

If they can do new or different things each iteration of wow classic, I can see myself trying them if they sound interesting. imo they should be things that are one and done, that way you can take risks with your changes. You're not worried about long term balance or upkeep.

I myself don't see them as a means of a long term game that I stay with for years but again gaming hasn't been that way for a while imo. These days its more about jumping in for weeks or a couple months, then moving to the next thing. I am not against a long term game, just haven't had one presented to me yet, that drags me in like some of the older MMOs.

• 1Like

Sludig

I mean do you want to sign up for a indefinate many year game? To me for a fuck around off and on for a year sounds good.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, but how's that going to work if you have loot that doesn't exist in Vanilla? lol

This feels like more of a test for something new entirely. An extended PTR.
Hmm, good point. Guess we will just find out.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They haven’t stated how long the server will last. It will be at least a year. SoM went like 14 months. And it’s been 2 years since that launched. And almost a year since it ended. There will be 4 leveling phases. They said maybe 4-6 weeks per phase. They aren’t gonna make people stay at lvl 25 for 3 months. That’s moronic.

Daidraco

I think its worth it to play, for the same reason Diablo 4 was worth it to play. Its one of the few times where we all, collectively, get together and do something fun. Remind ourselves that we're getting too old to do this shit. Lastly, that sure as fuck isnt 3 months worth of content. So we'll have a week or two of fun every few months and that seems like enough to keep life balanced. Its not very often we all hop into Discord and talk shit to and with each other anymore. At least, those of us that did, remember it well.

• 1Like