• 2Like
  • 1Ding!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Questions:
  • If someone has played so much damn WoW in their lives that the idea of rolling a new character and doing fucking Mulgore or Coldridge again makes them recoil, how fun would SoD be? As in, how different is it really?
  • Last time I played all the content outside of instances was basically faceroll, is the same true of SoD?
  • What's the boxing scene like? Last time I played I boxed a fury warrior and shadowpriest and it was OK, but the game was too easy for it to really matter.
I'm tempted to jump in, anyone able to answer the above questions???

Last edited:

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Lone wolf alliance - currently a 22 mage - Deadthings , i can craft you 8 slot bags if needed

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I know hunters were nerfed and deservedly so but these fuckers just love nerfing fun. It was badass 2 shotting everything as a huntard for 2 days. They went from destroying everything to hitting like a wet noodle (not any different really in clear time from classic). I thought this was AMERICA
Shots nerf sucks but the beast mastery ruin is pretty OP. Almost almost downtime while leveling.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm tempted to jump in, anyone able to answer the above questions???
1) How different is it really? You have some newer skills that you get at a lower lvl that speeds up the process. Other than that, its basically the exact same.

2) The content is not anymore difficult than it used to be, and in fact is probably easier due to the newer skills added at the lower levels.

3) Boxing scene? There is nothing in the overworld that warrants a box. If you want to solo instances etc, get double quest rewards, level up crafters....boxing is fine. It seems that people get their panties in a twist over someone boxing an account and try to get you banned by having /1 general mass report you. I had a toon with 2 chars on /follow so that I did not have to repeat all this content and could cover my crafting basics. Even though I would quest with one and just have the other 2 on /follow...it seemed every person that ran be me wanted to report me for botting...

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Honestly SoD is pretty mid so far. They wasted all the secret stuff on runes, when the whole system just has a kludge feel. While leveling I haven't found a single piece of new content outside of rune acquisition. No new quests, items, class content, whatever. The Blizzcon interview very much implied there were lots of new things all over, when the reality is you can't interact with most of them because they're for other classes runes.

It's basically classic with an Ashenvale revamp and the rune stuff. The big negatives are that they didn't fix anything QOL wise (like how quest tracker functions or adding UI options for stuff everyone downloads add-ons for) and the game is really annoying with more than 5 people questing in one area. Otherwise it's fine and it would be fun to raid the BFD thing, but you have to put up with outrageous overcrowding right now

I guess the silver lining is knowing Blizzard it's a miracle they didn't make it way worse.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly SoD is pretty mid so far. They wasted all the secret stuff on runes, when the whole system just has a kludge feel. While leveling I haven't found a single piece of new content outside of rune acquisition. No new quests, items, class content, whatever. The Blizzcon interview very much implied there were lots of new things all over, when the reality is you can't interact with most of them because they're for other classes runes.

It's basically classic with an Ashenvale revamp and the rune stuff. The big negatives are that they didn't fix anything QOL wise (like how quest tracker functions or adding UI options for stuff everyone downloads add-ons for) and the game is really annoying with more than 5 people questing in one area. Otherwise it's fine and it would be fun to raid the BFD thing, but you have to put up with outrageous overcrowding right now

I guess the silver lining is knowing Blizzard it's a miracle they didn't make it way worse.
I'm having a blast but I also never got burned out on WoW. I rarely played back in the day, just a few months at a time here and there. But I can see how this SoD thing might be disappointing for veteran players.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I rerolled. Sure I could use the BM rune and went BM in talents, but that's boring as hell. Explosive was at least fun, could of just toned down the damage a little, but they just gutted it. Now basically used in big trash pulls or maybe mass pvp.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did Deadmines as Paladin tank at lv17.

Jesus I had zero way to keep aggro, could hold the boss for a time then had to heal the mage. Multi pulls no way. Had to kite VC down the ship because the adds were too much and somehow kept aggro. Fun stuff.

Now I'm picking up the tank stuff and except future runs to be face roll easy.

Working on a build and wow Paladin talents suck for all three specs. Only relevent thing at lv25 seems to be Consecration to keep aggro which is in the healing tree?

Needless

Toe Sucker

you're also judging this entire system on the first level band thats 25 lmao
like im not gonna jerk off blizzard but its pre-mature to judge the entire system on what is to be an introduction to the entire rune system basically

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Dude… why not roll horde with us. Did 5/7 in BFD with a pug. Two pieces of loot. Ready to be the thicc daddy tank bear.

I just subbed on a whim. Not going to stick around for long term. Don't need to be poopsocking 40+ hours a week like I know I will.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Pathetic