World of Warcraft: Current Year

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going from a sword rogue in classic to Outlaw in retail... I think I just fucken suck. So many abilities to keep track of while having to dodge all the mechanics, I just can't keep up.

Keep roll the bones up, flagellation up(and time the 2nd one right), slice n dice up, between the eyes up, pistol shot on every Opportunity proc. Then you have to time your defensive abilities like Feint & Cloak of Shadows. Oh and blade fury every pull & Blade Rush every time its off cd.

Idk how anyone can keep full up time on everything perfectly while doing all the mechanics. It feels so spammy and messy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Going from a sword rogue in classic to Outlaw in retail... I think I just fucken suck. So many abilities to keep track of while having to dodge all the mechanics, I just can't keep up.

Keep roll the bones up, flagellation up(and time the 2nd one right), slice n dice up, between the eyes up, pistol shot on every Opportunity proc. Then you have to time your defensive abilities like Feint & Cloak of Shadows. Oh and blade fury every pull & Blade Rush every time its off cd.

Idk how anyone can keep full up time on everything perfectly while doing all the mechanics. It feels so spammy and messy.
This is how I feel whenever I resub. So many procs now and short cooldowns. Feels like I'm playing wack-a-mole instead of actually thinking, but maybe I'm just too old for this shit.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That’s how I felt doing 2s the other day as a fury warrior. Just kind of mashing whatever was on cool down as fast as I could. It definitely makes me want a new mouse with all the hot keys on the side or whatever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Fun is subjective.

I kind of just think it needs to be challenging to some degree on all classes/specs. Stuns would effect all classes, some more than others so thats probably not a good direction. But a stacking armor debuff would go a long ways towards slowing down tanks in particular. Most of us are already accustomed to them anyways. That would be almost unnoticeable to a DPS class in comparison. While I beat on a group of elites for a couple minutes, I would have gained several more stacks than a DPS that beat on the same group for a third of that time.

If every class can complete it all without issue, which is the direction its headed - then Torghast will just be "something else I have to do" for the week and thats it. When in reality, it could be so much more.

Layer 6 was no joke on a blood DK. Trash is trash but the end bosses require dps and a lot of luck with anima powers, both of which are in short supply. I don't even know how the hell dps survive. Torghast is already something I have to do because it isn't fun, it is a slog. Some of those floors require an obnoxious amount of clearing and again, comparing anything else to a prot paly with the dps of ,well, a dps class, isn't really fair. Roll through there doing 1.5k dps and get back to me about fun. What would be fun is getting anima powers that don't fucking suck run after run and actually feeling a difference in my abilities.

I get that fun is entirely subjective but I just don't see it as being fun currently. It's too laborious.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Torghast shit so far has been insanely easy but it is a giant slog of boring bullshit for piss rewards. Not sure why anyone would want to do that endlessly.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Layer 6 was no joke on a blood DK. Trash is trash but the end bosses require dps and a lot of luck with anima powers, both of which are in short supply. I don't even know how the hell dps survive. Torghast is already something I have to do because it isn't fun, it is a slog. Some of those floors require an obnoxious amount of clearing and again, comparing anything else to a prot paly with the dps of ,well, a dps class, isn't really fair. Roll through there doing 1.5k dps and get back to me about fun. What would be fun is getting anima powers that don't fucking suck run after run and actually feeling a difference in my abilities.

I get that fun is entirely subjective but I just don't see it as being fun currently. It's too laborious.

They took out the RNG on gear, so they had all that extra laying around and needed to put it somewhere.

I did layer 6 of both towers as a Blood DK (162) and a Subtlety Rogue (172). The RNG makes or breaks the run at that level (and gear level), but I am fine with higher difficulties being tuned high. IMO, the last 3 layers should be tuned slightly under normal raid (M+10), heroic raid (M+ 15), and Mythic raid item levels.

That said, my DK (162) had slightly better than average luck on RNG, and died on trash 3 times due to big pulls. Bosses were slow but manageable by picking good defensive powers. One tower end boss got to 15 stack and it was very close with cooldown use.

It all felt like the DK was a walk in the park when I switched to rogue (172). In one tower I had better than average RNG powers, and in the other lower than average. I had to use CC almost on cooldown. Both towers combined, I died 5 times on trash, 1 on an end boss, and had numerous sub 10% HP close calls. The only reason I beat Skoldus halls on the first attempt (after getting mediocre RNG) is because I got the 1.5 min invulnerability bubble from the vendor (still almost got 1 shot as the boss died). The boss in Coldheart then bugged when I vanished, reset all buff stacks, and I re-initiated combat before it healed (I had already died once to this boss, and had little hope of a win).

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Rogue is very spammy, and probably top 3 hardest classes to play in the game. I shelved my rogue this expansion cause I wanted something easy and went with dEmoHunter tank.

If you are set on DPS Unholy is pretty fun and easy to play but you get punished on poor positioning more. Ret Paladin is also pretty easy to play and less punishing.

• 1Like

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I did coldheart layer 6 on my druid as a tank, boss got to 18 stacks. I got standard defensive powers, but got a rare spawn that gave me one....every 10 seconds get a buff for 5% less damage taken while in combat, stacks up to 10 and lasts 12 seconds, basically if you are in combat long enough it never fades or if you can chain pull, you get a 50% DR buff.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Download Hekili, its an addon that shows you what skills to use next to maximize dps and such. It really helped me coming back to the game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Download Hekili, its an addon that shows you what skills to use next to maximize dps and such. It really helped me coming back to the game.

These are great tools for not sucking when playing alts.

As a alternative (different UI), I use something similar called Hero Rotation. Made by Aeyths, one of the guys that is/was in the SimCraft team (I think).

It also take the place of weakaura cooldown tracker for me, as it shows when DPS cooldowns are up.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

We’re internally testing the following slate of adjustments, with the goal of implementing these changes during scheduled weekly maintenance (December 15 in this region).

Classes​

Tank Specializations
  • Threat generation for all Tanks increased by 10%.
Death Knight
  • Unholy
    • Mastery: Dreadblade effectiveness reduced by 15%.
  • Blood
    • Blood Boil damage increased by 10%.
    • Heart Strike damage increased by 15%.
    • Marrowrend damage increased by 10%.
    • Death Strike damage increased by 5%.
Demon Hunter
  • Havoc
    • All damage abilities increased by 5%.
Rogue
  • Assassination
Shaman
  • Restoration
    • All healing abilities reduced by 4%.
    • Healing Rain reduced by an additional 10%.
Warlock
  • Destruction
    • Chaos Bolt damage increased by 22%.
Warrior
  • Arms
    • Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%. Damage reduced by an equivalent amount in PvP.
    • Slam (Rank 3) now increases Slam’s damage by 50% (was 25%).
  • Fury
As we test, the above are subject to change before Tuesday. If we do have further changes, we’ll update here as soon as possible.
As always, this is not a comprehensive list of all adjustments we might make to the game. In particular, we’re considering tweaks to several classes’ Torghast powers. You’ll find our updated hotfixes post here 2.4k, including all changes made to the game soon after they’re implemented.
Thank you for your feedback!

Daidraco

Yes. Thats what we needed. A nerf to Shaman healing. Zzzzz The threat generation is a step in the right direction though. Since everything in the whole GD expansion can jump 15 feet away every 30 seconds, its a pain in the ass to get them back to me when a DPS is concentrating on them.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Mastery: Dreadblade effectiveness reduced by 15%.

Rip minion army covering for my missed rotations.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That person should be banned from video games for life for that floating combat text setup.

• 2Like

Daidraco

That person should be banned from video games for life for that floating combat text setup.
I dont even know what the point of that is if your whole screen is showing f'n numbers. "Ahhh yes.. that number in the far corner is that ability. Im sure of it."

Kill time was solid though. I feel like Im there for an hour doing interrupts and dodging shit as a tank lol.

• 1Like