World War Z

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
There doesn't seem to be a speck of blood in any of the trailers I've seen. The zombies look like CGI waves of people. In an interview with the director he was asked if the zombies have super strength or speed, to which he replied, "No, they're just undead people", but we see them jumping and leaping much farther than a normal human being is capable.

I dunno. Seems like it's going to probably be lackluster at best.

Donomito_sl

shitlord
This movie is going to be total shit. Brad Pitt...please. The CGI looks fucking awful and don't tell me that the scene where zombies were crawling up the wall looked remotely cool.

God damn, what a pile of shit this will be.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Slow stupid zombies simply arent going to be able to outflank a modern army. Talking about "fighting the last war", hell, the military in Yonkers was fighting WW1 style. I don't believe it would have worked onscreen at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock

Brook did attempt to make his slow zombies unique in this regard. They are fairly invulnerable to anything other than brain destruction or total body disintegration. Keep in mind the army was not really outflanked at Yonkers either. There were a few small instances of Zed being left behind in houses by loved ones that broke out during the battle, but the effect was amplified through interconnected info-war. The true Z force was always coming straight down the highway and it never let up because it was literally millions of them.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Article in this weeks Entertainment Weekly. They mention that if this does well they are thinking trilogy (who doesn't at this point with every movie) and that they made a decision early on to make the zombies swarm like insects and attack like animals, hence the speed and wave like movement in some of the clips.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The comments about the original script are the worst part for me. It would have been one thing had they just bought the title and turned it into something different, but they actually had a script that was true to the source material. And on top of that it was apparently pretty awesome.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Regardless of this movie being decent or not, it at least has reminded me I need to re-read World War Z.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The latest trailer looks great to me.

The things that made WWZ great was the focus on the overall world outbreak and how people were dealing with it. However, it also had alot of stupid parts. The biggest one was Yonkers. It was cool initially but the more you think about it, the more ridiculious it gets with slow zombies. Slow stupid zombies simply arent going to be able to outflank a modern army. Talking about "fighting the last war", hell, the military in Yonkers was fighting WW1 style. I don't believe it would have worked onscreen at all.

Seeing a world outbreak with fast zombies could be quite awesome. The helicopter being pulled down I thought was chilling in the trailer.
Yonkers had nothing to do with the army being outflanked. They simply underestimated their enemy. Additionally, they tried to employ the same tactics against the undead that they traditionally used against human armies. The brass was more concerned about making a public statement about their control of the situation for the cameras then they were about actually destroying the hordes.

fat12_sl

shitlord
I'm so sick of zombie shit. Why doesn't Hollywood come out with something different for once. Like that book Blindness for instance. Now that was an interesting take on the society break-down thing. I know they made a movie about it, and it apparently wasn't very good, but there's got to be tons more original source material than goddamn zombies...

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I saw Blindness in the theater and I thought it was just great. It's honest about human behavior in a manner you do not commonly get in fiction. It's got a couple small missteps but I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to watch a movie about societal collapse.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I was watching CNN and in a story on Iron Man 3 and the changes and added scenes it will have for the Chinese release, they also mentioned that the story of World War Z was changed so that the zombie plague does not originate in China.

This is a betrayal of the plot bigger than fast zombies. The entire point of the tale is how secrecy, disbelief, and closed societies can lead to terrible consequences. No nation can embody that as well as China, not even North Korea. Without China it becomes harder to do the story of the Zheng He, of the 3 Gorges towns and dam. I have now lost all hope of the emotional and moral impact of the tale to survive in cinema.

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04...ces/?hpt=en_c2

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I was watching CNN and in a story on Iron Man 3 and the changes and added scenes it will have for the Chinese release, they also mentioned that the story of World War Z was changed so that the zombie plague does not originate in China.

This is a betrayal of the plot bigger than fast zombies. The entire point of the tale is how secrecy, disbelief, and closed societies can lead to terrible consequences. No nation can embody that as well as China, not even North Korea. Without China it becomes harder to do the story of the Zheng He, of the 3 Gorges towns and dam. I have now lost all hope of the emotional and moral impact of the tale to survive in cinema.

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04...ces/?hpt=en_c2
Dramatic much?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'm so sick of zombie shit. Why doesn't Hollywood come out with something different for once. Like that book Blindness for instance. Now that was an interesting take on the society break-down thing. I know they made a movie about it, and it apparently wasn't very good, but there's got to be tons more original source material than goddamn zombies...
Let me translate this post.

"Hollywood should do something original, like that thing thats already been done".

Good Point.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I wish peopel would get off the "THE BOOK IS NOTHING LIKE THIS!!"

We get it, we've got it for a year now. Get over it. It only shares the title with the book and zombies, everything else is changed. If this is still news to you or you think the rest of us aren't aware then I dunno what to tell you.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I wish peopel would get off the "THE BOOK IS NOTHING LIKE THIS!!"

We get it, we've got it for a year now. Get over it. It only shares the title with the book and zombies, everything else is changed. If this is still news to you or you think the rest of us aren't aware then I dunno what to tell you.
As long as this movie is called World War Z, I'll continue to bitch since we'll never get a real World War Z movie that actually attempts to capture the greatness of the book.