WoW Classic - Guild

Horde or Alliance

• Total voters

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
#1) Who the hell wants to devote that much time to playing a game? #2) WTF is the appeal of rushing through?

Yeah, I get streamers only job is playing, but that's got to be a VERY small percentage of actual players. Why do some of you want to reach max level as fast as possible? So much of the content is between 1 and 60. You're going to be all alone at 60 for a while so why slam 16 hour days for 2 weeks on end?

I think that necessitates reevaluating one's life...

You realize people outside of this forum will be playing Classic right? You don't have to impress anyone here w your normie skepticism, especially considering this thread uses the term poopsock quantitatively.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The prayer shawl quest is something else entirely man. That is an inhuman level of autism to grind that out solely because of the EQ, "crafting" interface. If you can even call it that. Especially if you managed to do it during the era where you couldn't even do recipe combines it was all manual. Every single combine.

God help you. I wouldn't even do that shit IF I had all the mats on me.

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That will ring true for the general populous of retards and faggots, but remember our roots. We have American Inventors here who have grinded out shit like. How fucking dare you imply we wont make it past 20.

shawl_eight.jpg

P99Server1stWarEpic.jpg
959783-epic_paladin.jpg

Yeah, but all of the youngens that grinded that stuff out are now old, grey, and depressed.

Guarantee noone here compares to the young, unbridled, mental health riddled youths of today.

Hosix

All labs matter!
There are guilds advertising on Northdale requiring 3 weeks vacation time on launch in order to join them in Vanilla WoW.

I'm not against taking 3 weeks off but playing with those kinds of people would be awful.

Also, meh Horde. Alliance leveling is so much better, and I want to play Paladin, so not sure what I'm going to do.

Do both....I have a feeling we will have all manner of leveling on horde side. I certainly won’t be poopsocking. Having a job, kids and a sex life matter.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The prayer shawl quest is something else entirely man. That is an inhuman level of autism to grind that out solely because of the EQ, "crafting" interface. If you can even call it that. Especially if you managed to do it during the era where you couldn't even do recipe combines it was all manual. Every single combine.

God help you. I wouldn't even do that shit IF I had all the mats on me.

I seem to recall a quest in wow like that. Maybe not int he EQ level of poopsock but it had to do with the dragons in the cave of time or some shit? You literally had to farm thousands of some insect shells or some shit, then it took several 40 man encounters before you finally completed it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I seem to recall a quest in wow like that. Maybe not int he EQ level of poopsock but it had to do with the dragons in the cave of time or some shit? You literally had to farm thousands of some insect shells or some shit, then it took several 40 man encounters before you finally completed it.
Are you talking about completing the AQ quest rewards? I had the scarab shield and it sounds familiar

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
This is the quest you are talking about. It's for opening AQ, and yes it's a poopsockers wet dream.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not sure but it was involved, thats for sure. It required to get some red green and blue stones from some dragons for some mace that opened up the caverns or some shit?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't remember anything in WoW comparing to the retarded shit in EQ.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but that was designed for a whole guild to do for 1 person, one time. On top of the War Effort thing where you had to submit tons of war mats of all tradeskills before you would be allowed to finish the quest.

Something to that effect.

Runed Coldain Prayer shawl was great because any Tom, Dick and Harry could do it. Didn't need to really raid or anything just needed the dedication to complete it. Which is why it was cool.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Not sure but it was involved, thats for sure. It required to get some red green and blue stones from some dragons for some mace that opened up the caverns or some shit?

All I remember is that cloth and basic mat prices skyrocketed because the big guilds were farming all the mats on the server to turnin to open AQ.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Scratch this. Here's the official list.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
We (like many other guilds) just did a server raffle for randos to help farm shit. We were one of the first, if not the first to complete the quest, and then our shit bugged and it didn't open for a week. Thanks WoW devs!

• 1Like

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
What were the racial bonuses for Alliance? I remember Orc was +axe, Tauren was +Health & Planeswalk (before kodo were introduced), undead was +breath and troll was +herbology or something.
Humans got a sword bonus and ibthibk faction bonus, gnomes got a root breakfree racial, dwarves got fearward

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
What loot system will this guild be doing? DKP+loot council?

Yeah EQ was max poopsocking. that was not a game that shit was life.

It's a fair question personally I would prefer some type of loot council and with any luck the RC Loot Council addon will be updated for Classic. I am open to a DKP system but they can be a pain in the ass at times. Really it will depend somewhat on who the officers and raid leads end up being as I will value their input.

While this is a forum guild one thing Noodle pointed out that is true is we have different players interested in different levels of game play. The good part is you don't have to kick out everyone and tell them to fuck themselves or disappear overnight to some Chinese server to get a +1 gooder sword of the faggot since Vanilla had a fair bit more emphasis on community.

Still I will be looking to set the ranks of core raiders who I will expect to work on getting their pre-raid BIS, as well as showing up with consumables, attendance, and the usual factors taken into consideration on loot and raid spots. I am hoping we get a fair number of casuals, alts, PVP players to fill in gaps when needed and/or to run through older content and 20 mans.

Ideally I would love to have enough from the community here that we won't have to recruit much but the reality is we will probably need to seek out some. Raid schedule for Vanilla really doesn't need to be very hectic and for the first couple of months it's only Ony and MC so we're talking 1-2 nights of 2-3 hours. Still there is a lot of the game to be played outside of raid hours and I am sure I will want to do BG's, raid old capitol cities, do world PvP, run dungeons, level alts, remember in classic the twinking brackets will be back in full effect.

It might sound silly but I honestly would be happy to see some people streaming, and putting some pride back in the guild. I am not going to ask people to no life it but FoH has a long history it really would be nice to see this community expand and return back to something a little more. I know we have some exceptional players out there and some veterans who are more excited to play this than you might think.

I have been getting a fair number of whispers, tells, discord messages, etc. of people who want to come back to this game but I am still getting a feel for what we have to work with overall.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Scratch this. Here's the official list.

Not sure but orcs also had that rampage thing? +20 attack power? and bonus to pets, trolls had bonus to bows, undead had that PvP trinket ability to get out of stun locks and fear. Thats all I remember.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Humans got a sword bonus and ibthibk faction bonus, gnomes got a root breakfree racial, dwarves got fearward

Between paladins and fear ward, Blizzard gave Alliance a very strong advantage.