WoW Classic - Guild

Horde or Alliance

• Total voters

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Diremauls not open initially right? And wasn’t lbrs ubrs strat, and scholo all 10 mans?

They were always designed as 5 man instances, with maybe the exception of UBRS which honestly was probably intended as 5 man as well. The reason you could bring full raid groups into zones was because the entrances to Molten Core was in BRD, and the entrance to BWL was in Black Rock Spire so they had to allow 40 so your raid could zone in. This led to failures 40 manning Scholo and Strat and other shit so they limited those instances down to like 10-15 while I think you could still zone 40 into BRD and BWL although they ended up making separate entrances for those. Since this is on patch 1.12 all the 5 man dungeons will be limited to 5 mans. With the exception of Black Rock Spire which you can take 10 into, technically LBRS and UBRS are the same zone by the way so you could cheese LBRS.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I kind of wish they would, but considering they've stated they won't have the original unarmored mounts in the game I highly doubt that would be the case
Fuck, I miss my ivory raptor

Yeah a lot of people wish they would put back in the unarmored mounts. I had an original raptor on my mage and I think I might of had a Kodo for my tauren back then. Of course like many I made the stupid decision to trade in for the new model not knowing how rare they would become.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
They were always designed as 5 man instances, with maybe the exception of UBRS which honestly was probably intended as 5 man as well. The reason you could bring full raid groups into zones was because the entrances to Molten Core was in BRD, and the entrance to BWL was in Black Rock Spire so they had to allow 40 so your raid could zone in. This led to failures 40 manning Scholo and Strat and other shit so they limited those instances down to like 10-15 while I think you could still zone 40 into BRD and BWL although they ended up making separate entrances for those. Since this is on patch 1.12 all the 5 man dungeons will be limited to 5 mans. With the exception of Black Rock Spire which you can take 10 into, technically LBRS and UBRS are the same zone by the way so you could cheese LBRS.
Whoa whoa whoa. Some of us ran those with mass people to farm mass gear since there was a limit of 5 instances per hour back then.

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I remember taking 15 to UBRS a lot but I don't recall the reason for that number.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You might be under estimating the level of shitsocking that is going to be going into this. Plus like it or not a fair bit of 1.12 itemized dungeon gear is better than MC/Ony gear. That being said I think some of these guys are really underestimating the time needed mostly because of Private Server shit.

#1) Who the hell wants to devote that much time to playing a game? #2) WTF is the appeal of rushing through?

Yeah, I get streamers only job is playing, but that's got to be a VERY small percentage of actual players. Why do some of you want to reach max level as fast as possible? So much of the content is between 1 and 60. You're going to be all alone at 60 for a while so why slam 16 hour days for 2 weeks on end?

I think that necessitates reevaluating one's life...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
The content 1-60 sucks balls. The only shit that matters is pvp and raiding to pvp.

• 2Like
  • 1Brony

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Because those that reach the end reap the most rewards, like buying and selling on AH, farming gold, mats in places not yet contested as much, etc.. There will be plenty of time to enjoy the world and leveling with alts later, But the rush to end is definitely a thing tat pays off.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
#1) Who the hell wants to devote that much time to playing a game? #2) WTF is the appeal of rushing through?

Yeah, I get streamers only job is playing, but that's got to be a VERY small percentage of actual players. Why do some of you want to reach max level as fast as possible? So much of the content is between 1 and 60. You're going to be all alone at 60 for a while so why slam 16 hour days for 2 weeks on end?

I think that necessitates reevaluating one's life...
Because I don't give a shit about the 1-59 content? I can't defeat the min-max within me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean its essentially how blizz designed their game if you really think about the meta of it all. none of the shti you do pre 60 really matters that much. You can run all the SM and all the other bullshit all you want, and it will make your leveling easier, sure, but in the end none of that shit matters in a game where youre replacing high end dungeon blues with greens a few levels later.

But that is to say, play the game like you want to play it though. If you want to take your time and enjoy all the shit, its up to you.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I actually enjoyed a lot of the Horde quest lines while leveling. Doing ling chains that end up with dungeon quests were fun and some of the big chains that needed a group towards the end like some of the E and W palguelands quests wre really great.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I mean its essentially how blizz designed their game if you really think about the meta of it all. none of the shti you do pre 60 really matters that much. You can run all the SM and all the other bullshit all you want, and it will make your leveling easier, sure, but in the end none of that shit matters in a game where youre replacing high end dungeon blues with greens a few levels later.

But that is to say, play the game like you want to play it though. If you want to take your time and enjoy all the shit, its up to you.

You would be surprised. Gear acquisition is so much slower and you are showered with green items like you are in retail. Those blue items will last you quite a few fucking levels. That SM gear not only makes leveling easier sometimes you wont replace that shit for 10 levels or more.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And thats fine for, say...a warrior. But for a hunter? Sheet, I dont need any of that shit. Most of hunter deeps comes from pet and skill rank ups.

Blizz designed this game where you can go 1-60 on nothing but quests as any class. You dont need to step foot in any dungron. In fact I still say its a giant waste of time IMO if youwant to rush to 60.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Also most people that play this wont even reach level 20.

That will ring true for the general populous of retards and faggots, but remember our roots. We have American Inventors here who have grinded out shit like. How fucking dare you imply we wont make it past 20.

shawl_eight.jpg

P99Server1stWarEpic.jpg
959783-epic_paladin.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL I was not talking about us, I was talking about plebs. Were not plebs. Were a bit better than that.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That will ring true for the general populous of retards and faggots, but remember our roots. We have American Inventors here who have grinded out shit like. How fucking dare you imply we wont make it past 20.

shawl_eight.jpg

P99Server1stWarEpic.jpg
959783-epic_paladin.jpg

To be fair the Prayer Shawl is ludicrously harder to get than the other two. At least ludicrously more time consuming.. and insanely expensive.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also Throwback Wednesday. There was a dude on Bertox (where I played) who finished the Magician epic. But retard has his inventory full and this automatically destroyed it upon finishing the quest. GM's told him lol deal with it.

Motherfucker did the horrendous Mage epic not once. But twice during peak epic time for EQ.