WoW Classic - Guild

Horde or Alliance

• Total voters

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That only worked in AQ and beyond once mobs weren’t fire immune. I pulled Thaddius aggro and died to my ignite because the other mages wanted to troll me.

Worked through the end of vanilla if I recall.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'll probably play a mage or a lock, probably a mage.

I thought about doing DPS warrior but I'd be too tempted to tank

Here's your DPS future in MC and BWL:

Also:

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
That only worked in AQ and beyond once mobs weren’t fire immune. I pulled Thaddius aggro and died to my ignite because the other mages wanted to troll me.

Worked through the end of vanilla if I recall.
It worked on Chromaggus!

I know cause I almost got guild kicked for innervating the mage that was rolling ignites on chromaggus and he pulled and wiped us all

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
who do I have to pay to have the vote results do the ol' sneaky switcharoo?

• 1Solidarity

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I bet you %30 of people who voted won't even play at all.

Classic had 10, 15 (I think was the cap for BRS), 20 and 40 man. TBC had 10 and 25 man (Kara is the only 10 man I can remember though) and LK switched to using the same content but with 2 fixed raid sizes (10 and 25) and 2 different modes (normal and heroic).

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Actually I take that back there was no 10 man raid content in Vanilla, you could just bring up to 10 people to level 60 dungeons.

• 1Dislike

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am somewhat surprised how split the votes are honestly. Horde will always be the better faction as a whole but at the same time Paladins are simply better than Shaman for PvE that's just a fact giving them the advantage.

Even so I might as well go ahead and bring up basic points to discuss. Since people have already asked me privately some of these questions. I don't mind taking the lead on this but to avoid burnout I would want a couple of officers/raid leaders to help organize things. I will be rolling a warrior and don't mind tanking raids but for sure will need another 1-2.

1. Horde or Alliance - Obviously I intend to go with the majority vote here but xzi xzi does bring up a valid point that many people will quit, honestly to me I care less about the faction and more about having fun with a group who wants to play the game.

2. PvE or PvP server - My preference in a vanilla realm would be a PvP server as I think at least back in vanilla this was the more authentic experience. I can understand some want to avoid PvP all together so instead of making 30 different polls feel free to leave feedback here. Hell if they do an RP-PvP I might even be open to that since if they treat it like vanilla there will be less pure dipshit names.

3. Battleground PvP / High Warlord - In general I used to enjoy a bit of PvP in this game but it has never been my main desire in this game so if people are looking for a PvP guild or to grind out these massively cray cray grinds then we would need someone to help organize it because I can tell you right now I am not your guy, I will do some BG's and some Tuaren Mill / Southshore goodness but it just wont be my priority.

4. Streamer servers - Some people want to actively avoid whatever realm big streamers as Asmond and Soda roll, honestly I really don't give a shit here but if it's important to some then I guess we could take it into consideration when picking a realm.

5. Guild name - Fires of Heaven would be the default but I am kind of tempted to use the name Chasing The Dragon since it fits so well to this situations but again if you have a preference then let me know. Maybe the main faction guild will be FoH with the off faction group something else.

6. Loot distribution - DKP system? EPGP addon? Loot council? How to handle legendaries, ZG mounts, etc.. - If there is any drama it will be over loot and the salt that follows so we might as well get that shit out of the way.

7. Hardcore / Casual play - Honestly I expect this will be like the live version of the guild is and we will have all types of players, only difference is the vanilla game isn't as complicated of an end game so I imagine most should be able to handle it with a bare minimum IQ at least up until AQ40 and if you are still playing at that point I would expect they are at least somewhat serious going into Naxx which given the phases is probably close to 1 year after launch. So this will be more fun being inclusive of anyone who wants to join and probable recruiting some fresh blood when it releases too and people go out form groups and shit. Ony/MC aren't going to take 40 people to clear and those who want to push will but this ties back into the gear someone who is logging in every 3rd Tuesday for two hours to raid with us as Boomkin wouldn't be someone I would prioritize for loot.

7.1. Tying into the hardcore/casual you will be required to give your phone number so we can ring your ass up to login as soon as Azuregos, Kazzak, or the Green Dragons spawn. - Of course I am kidding but can you believe we used to do that shit in EQ, and back then it was fucking house phone since nobody had cells.

I am sure I am forgetting a few questions that have been brought up so if you are curious about something I didn't list here go ahead and ask away. This is still 3 months away so we should have all the kinks worked out well before it releases.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just something to note, asmongold said he's going to hide his server choice until after he's already playing so people won't harass him. Assume most streamers will do the same

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just something to note, asmongold said he's going to hide his server choice until after he's already playing so people won't harass him. Assume most streamers will do the same

Games not even out yet and this piece of shit is already causing us problems.

• 1Worf

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I was thinking that if there's enough people to form 2 guilds, we could do guild vs guild AV weekends for forum cash rewards in some fashion.
Depends on how AV finally shakes out of course.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've pretty much always played horde and had no interest in classic.... but the last couple weeks hype has me thinking about it. I'd probably lean alliance too just so it was something different. Wouldn't even consider a non PVP server, and yeah.. I tend to like RP-PVP as well as people seem to just be more serious/invested. They usually end up being low pop at some point, which sucks, but my favorite servers have all been RP, just a better tier of nerd I assume /shrug.

• 1Solidarity