WoW Classic - Guild

Horde or Alliance

• Total voters

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Frankly should just approach this as 2 guilds in one. Those of us that warm the bench, and casual shit, and the A team that take their hobby seriously.

I have no reservations on joining the guild, and getting an A team slot once in awhile because there's no one else available. If I want AAA treatment, I need to put AAA effort into my hobby.

Just give the whiny bitches the boot, and mock them here on the forums.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
How long you think it'll take to get those blues? You sure they're all in the game? I thought they were gating that stuff with phases.
Booze and I were discussing this on discord a couple of nights ago. I think most of the reitemization is in from the start sans the relics/totems/druid leaf offhand things (to be added in with the content gating). It doesn’t seem like they’re going to be carrying two different item databases through the patches, just gating content like Diremaul and dungeon 0.5.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Like I posted elsewhere, when Naxx was released my friends and I rerolled on a NEW server and joined a guild. The first week MC was out we cleared every boss except Rag in blues. It wasn';t even hard, and this was a live server.

We also continually 15-20 manned Onyxia for double-triple cloaks per reset of her.

It goes faster than you guys think.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Like I posted elsewhere, when Naxx was released my friends and I rerolled on a NEW server and joined a guild. The first week MC was out we cleared every boss except Rag in blues. It wasn';t even hard, and this was a live server.

We also continually 15-20 manned Onyxia for double-triple cloaks per reset of her.

Exactly, this is very much going to be the case save for certain pieces that will be highly sought after by pretty much all classes like Drake Fang Talisman or Neth's Tear which will be high demand for every class but even clearing BWL every week you might not see these for some time.

By the time AQ40 and Naxx are even available in the game which is the point were raiding will require more people be any kind of a challenge won't be for 1/2 a year. If you are playing 6 months in and wanting to run this content then chances are you aren't that casual anyways.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Pfft, I farmed Vanilla fucking forever and never got my 8/8 NW, NOT THIS TIME BOYS.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also lets not forget that true shitsockers this go around are going to be using and abusing the ever living fuck out of consumables, world buffs, and other shit. On live I think we would have been lucky if retards would use mana potions.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Exactly, this is very much going to be the case save for certain pieces that will be highly sought after by pretty much all classes like Drake Fang Talisman or Neth's Tear which will be high demand for every class but even clearing BWL every week you might not see these for some time.

By the time AQ40 and Naxx are even available in the game which is the point were raiding will require more people be any kind of a challenge won't be for 1/2 a year. If you are playing 6 months in and wanting to run this content then chances are you aren't that casual anyways.
The only cockblock was nefarian because of cloaks. But we also one shot aq when it opened up to huhuran, who took two attempts. The cockblock there was twin emps and cthun. And we had PLENTY of retards

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Flask and potions when oom should be enough.

Ice protection potions on sapphiron though also.

Tactician

Ancient
I'm not sure loot council is great for 40 mans, too much drama, but what do I know, maybe this time there wont be horny GL's trying to score points with internet chicks.

Horde won't have paladins for at least 2 years and at blizzard pace I'm thinking more like 3.

It's 2019 dawg, horny GL's are trying to score tit'n'dick pics from trannies these days.

PVP server will be real fun during phase 2 when there is an honor system but no battlegrounds. Gonna be the wild west

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Personally I don't think I can do the forum guild because I'm not going to want to wait. Also won't want to play on an east coast server so that might be another issue for people. (raid times too)
This is my problem as well, I don't want to wait. I intend on being a fucking sperg and playing more than advisable on launch.

You also have to keep in mine that there is no Dire Maul in phase 1, which drastically cuts down on some blues. Or azuregos/kazzak for that matter. Or PvP.
It's definitely going to be easy as shit but there is a lot of content missing on launch (on purpose)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I intend on being a fucking sperg and playing more than advisable on launch.
I also fully intend to poopsock and take at least 2 weeks off for launch to get the nostalgia boner out of my system. My solution is to level two classes at once, maybe even dualbox.

Since I am in the EU timezone I wish you the best, but 8pm PST is 5am for me, so at most I could raid before heading to work. Maybe I should try to get an EU guild going, <Fires of Brexit> or something.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I understand that feeling as well. I am planning on doing the same having a week or two off to go balls out and hitting 60 week one and clearing as much as I can, and if it came to it leveling a 2nd character.

This is my problem as well, I don't want to wait. I intend on being a fucking sperg and playing more than advisable on launch.

You also have to keep in mine that there is no Dire Maul in phase 1, which drastically cuts down on some blues. Or azuregos/kazzak for that matter. Or PvP.
It's definitely going to be easy as shit but there is a lot of content missing on launch (on purpose)

I mean take a look at this Kurn even without Diremaul Phase 1 ( Pre-raid ) / Phase 2 (Pre-raid) there isn't much difference for some classes we are talking 1 or 2 items and I really feel like overall this list is missing a few things but you can see just having Maraudon in at the start itemization is already in a place the steamroll things.

World of Warcraft Classic - Best in Slot

After they fixed some of the funky itemization you can get in decent shape without Diremaul, worldbosses at all. Although that means some heavy chaining on dungeons and UBRS.

Also another thing which illustrates the point albeit it's at a lower level the streamers on Beta are clearing shit like Scarlet Monastery Armory at level 30 cap which Herod at the end of that dungeon is level 40 a full 10 levels lower than the intended content and they are able to kill it with ease.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm not really saying it's going to be difficult at all, it's not. Just saying there is a lot of content missing on launch that SOME classes can take huge advantage of. Like every single trinket from ZG, etc

It's certainly going to be silly how fast ony dies though

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The problem with classic is going to be the people that are poopsocking launch will hit 60, gear, then want to raid. The casuals will take forever to get 60 so those poopsockers will have two choices, wait until there are enough people to raid, or find a poopsocking guild.

Personally I don't think I can do the forum guild because I'm not going to want to wait. Also won't want to play on an east coast server so that might be another issue for people. (raid times too)

How many times a week and what times were you guys raiding before?

I'll be honest, you would be very annoyed by the majority of the forum guild and they by you. You may want to look into the S Crew.

I'm kind of on the fence now too since neither horde nor PvP are my jam and 40 people at once going "GUYYYYYSSSS" is really going to bum me out...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I mean take a look at this Kurn even without Diremaul Phase 1 ( Pre-raid ) / Phase 2 (Pre-raid) there isn't much difference for some classes we are talking 1 or 2 items and I really feel like overall this list is missing a few things but you can see just having Maraudon in at the start itemization is already in a place the steamroll things.
My problem with these BiS lists is that usually there are alternatives that bring you to 80-90% of the BiS item, so even if you don't have a single BiS item you are still a warm body that can help a raid.

Oh, that reminds me: Didn't you need Finkle's Skinner from UBRS to skin Onyxia for the cloak materials?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Actually for some reason something clicked with me last night and I realized I don't actually want to play this. Can take my name off the list

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm in the same boat. I spent thousands of hours playing Beta/Vanilla and I just can't do it again. If my memory about every little detail of that experience wasn't so clear I could probably fool myself into being interested, but it will just be the same thing over again. I played every class, levelled many of them to max and did everything there was to offer minus some of the raiding, and I remember every moment of it. A couple years ago I would have been all over this, but my love affair with WoW is done.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this going to be an est or pst raid time guild? If its mostly pst people here I'll probably roll somewhere else, the days of me raiding from 11pm-2am are over.