WoW Vanilla+ Turtle WoW

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
certain things are laggy or unresponsive, the UI seems clunky. also idk why but by default the resolution is like 600x400 or something ridiculously small. idk it just seems intentionally gritty compared to classic client.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
certain things are laggy or unresponsive, the UI seems clunky. also idk why but by default the resolution is like 600x400 or something ridiculously small. idk it just seems intentionally gritty compared to classic client.
Well, the WoW Classic (ie; Blizz) client actually runs on DX12, supports the same LUA interface that modern WoW does, has modern WoW's engine improvements, etc.

This uses the OG 1.12 or earlier client. It's going to run like shit at first and default to 640x480 because that's about the baseline res for a game made in 2004 <-> 2006.
Personally, it runs like a dream and pUI isn't bad (check their forums for addons) and it's passable as 'classic' tbh, just not with a client made in 2018.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well, the WoW Classic (ie; Blizz) client actually runs on DX12, supports the same LUA interface that modern WoW does, has modern WoW's engine improvements, etc.

This uses the OG 1.12 or earlier client. It's going to run like shit at first and default to 640x480 because that's about the baseline res for a game made in 2004 <-> 2006.
Personally, it runs like a dream and pUI isn't bad (check their forums for addons) and it's passable as 'classic' tbh, just not with a client made in 2018.

And you don't have to give money to Blizzard. I'll take it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Awww shit I wish I saw this earlier, gonna check out the changes and probably roll on it tomorrow. Sounds like a lot of fun

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hatorade Hatorade thanks. I can't talk yet but I'll let you know. I'm also interested in the holy changes.

I put in for the perma pvp and the 30%exp boost. I don't really see anyone else using it though. Was that a mistake?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade Hatorade thanks. I can't talk yet but I'll let you know. I'm also interested in the holy changes.

I put in for the perma pvp and the 30%exp boost. I don't really see anyone else using it though. Was that a mistake?
Nah enjoy it until mid 30s where the ganking begins.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
In theory it shouldn't be a problem if you're always in dungeons.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So the move is turn it on until you get ganked and then turn it off? That seems to be possible once right?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Have any of you tried a prot pally with their changes? seems like having a way to taunt via judgement would be pretty nice, so far looking towards that

edit: ew i thought they reworked reckoning but its the classic version

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Have any of you tried a prot pally with their changes? seems like having a way to taunt via judgement would be pretty nice, so far looking towards that
Hatorade is playing prot pal and is enjoying the changes.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade is playing prot pal and is enjoying the changes.
Yeah conc. is standard now combined with +90% taunt with holy damage you can aoe taunt as well as single target. Activate a seal for 100% taunt as well.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought Bliz nuked all these offshoots as they popped up, or did that change? Would be cool to play for free and not give them (actibliz) anything.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I thought Bliz nuked all these offshoots as they popped up, or did that change? Would be cool to play for free and not give them (actibliz) anything.
Its true we are all just making shit up to throw blizzard off.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Blizz can’t really touch the foreign hosted servers. There is no risk this gets taken down.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
They pretty much only went after nostralius didnt they? at least that was the big one and around when they wanted to announce classic. I cant rememebr though, never really been a p server player, but this i will give a go

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
They pretty much only went after nostralius didnt they? at least that was the big one and around when they wanted to announce classic. I cant rememebr though, never really been a p server player, but this i will give a go
They didn’t even really get nost shut down they promised the nost guys jobs and shit and got them to willingly pull the plug.