WoW Vanilla+ Turtle WoW

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Made it to 35 hardcore. Got overconfident, got fuckin merc'd in the Den.

So weird how things are different from retail. Some shit takes fucking forever to respawn, others respawn almost instantly. By the time I realized I was in trouble, I was completely surrounded by respawn.

lol. Rekt!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
lol. Rekt!

4 realz.

Oh well, reroll and go again. Honestly, more fun than anything I've done in WoW before. Had just soloed WC last night.

My only regret is that I had just finished doing all the zones I fucking hate, and had just started the ones I wanna be doing. Now we start all over!

Np though. Now I know which quests are bullshit time wasters from the get go and what to do. Back in /world chat talking shit to retards in no time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I am enjoying HC mode even though I've died a few times already. Caves are fuggin dangerous.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
No world buff bs before raids feels so damn good. Hope balance changes soon to follow.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I am enjoying HC mode even though I've died a few times already. Caves are fuggin dangerous.

I knew I was dead 2 minutes before. I hit a spot where I had no room to go forward or backwards, spent a bunch of time killing a pack, respawned right on top of me, and instead of running to a corner and hearthing and letting the pet tank it, I thought "I got this, hang on, mana pot...feign death...." And by the time I realized I didn't have it, it was too late.

Honestly though...getting to level 35 with zero deaths in WoW is a helluva accomplishment. I ain't even mad.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Looks like they are adding their first custom raid.

I'd be more impressed if their custom content
was worth a shit, on the whole.

I made it to 35 on the first HC hunter, but here's what I've seen so far. Tirisfal Uplands? Amazing. Awesome area. Fills a large gap on EK leveling, zone feels good, zone works good. Lots of tin, I'm a big fan.

Sparkwater Port - complete shit. The oil rig quests are both bullshit. Spawn time on the tools is retarded, pet doesn't path properly up the rig, aggros everything underneath. Also, worst quest hub in the game. Noobie quests with jack fuck all for rewards. Turn in 10 copper ore for....literally 10 copper. Shit fucking vendors for more than that. Go get these items for me - including 70 silver of arcane dust. Motherfucker, I'm level 8, where the fuck am I getting 70 silver? Go run 3 zones over and do some shit and come back for a 50 copper reward. Get fucked. Whole quest hub is complete ass.

Any custom cave - shit doesn't path properly. Anchor's Edge - nothing paths properly, pets and mobs get stuck if you aggro them outside of melee distance. Good rewards, actually probably too good, but the area is just AIDS.

Im enjoying the hardcore challenge, but I sure hope the other custom content as I level isn't as bad, or I will probably just avoid it out of fear of buggy shit ending my run.

Hekotat

The first custom dungeon was nice. Nice and open, tons of mobs and better than blizz hallways.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
so survival skill to get camps so i can get faster rest exp? a mount at lvl 18? anything else custom i should be looking towards as newb

Hekotat

so survival skill to get camps so i can get faster rest exp? a mount at lvl 18? anything else custom i should be looking towards as newb

Several dungeons and quest hubs. Warmode can be picked up from a vendor in any starting zone and gives you 30% extra XP across the board, but it can only be turned off once. It's really only an issue where the main tents are since level 60 dickheads like to camp those areas (Goldshire & Crossroads).

Hardcore and Slow and steady can be picked up as well from the vendor in the starting zone, but HC must be picked up before you do anything else.

Also, they hit 4k players online today. Server is taking off.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
yea 30% bonus exp to be flagged for pvp seems like no brainer... i dont mind pvp and dont mind the occasional grief.

however, i did hear that warmode can basically be someone who isnt warmode can /pvp to turn it on and then gank you, and then /pvp to turn it off. i guess the situation of a pve server with optional pvp. but idk, 30% exp seems worth just /quiting if some loser wants to toggle pvp on/off

Hekotat

yea 30% bonus exp to be flagged for pvp seems like no brainer... i dont mind pvp and dont mind the occasional grief.

however, i did hear that warmode can basically be someone who isnt warmode can /pvp to turn it on and then gank you, and then /pvp to turn it off. i guess the situation of a pve server with optional pvp. but idk, 30% exp seems worth just /quiting if some loser wants to toggle pvp on/off

It makes the leveling process so fast it's absolutely worth it. I end up switching to another char if someone kills me more than once.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Honestly, leveling is so fast anyway with Perma rested, I'm not sure there's a point.

Also, I have become a meme. My hunter got back to back BOE blue 1hs yesterday, things I can do nothing with. The Black Knight (no stats, except shadowbolt on hit) and some axe with 3 str and 4 stam.

Due to hardcore limitations, I was unsuccessful at finding a buyer or a trade for them, and they are taking up bag space. Not really worth selling them for 30 silver...so, literally....

Hunter Weapons.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Well, I'm out. Was fun, but the higher you get, the buggier shit gets, and that's just not okay on HC. Total waste of time.

Fun trip down memory lane though.

Hekotat

Well, I'm out. Was fun, but the higher you get, the buggier shit gets, and that's just not okay on HC. Total waste of time.

Fun trip down memory lane though.

I haven't seen much buggy stuff, sucks you have been though. Maybe 1 or 2 bugs total that would fuck me up.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I haven't seen much buggy stuff, sucks you have been though. Maybe 1 or 2 bugs total that would fuck me up.

You remember the ones that end you, I'll tell you that. Shit aggroing thru walls, pets and mobs not pathing correctly.

Just not fucking worth it on a server that's a gigantic mess. The questing is such a pain in the ass when no one is able to group with anyone else. You'll have 7 warmode dudes who are too stupid to group up, and 3 HC, one 6 levels lower and one 6 levels higher depending on which zones they did first, all camping a mob with a fucking 5 minute respawn. Fuck that shit.

Jovec

?
Enjoying playing Hardocre, but...too much QoL stuff I miss. Original WoW improved on much of the arbitrary BS EQ forced on players, but so has WoW over its various patch levels. For example, I don't mind linked Shock CDs as shaman, but there is no reason for 5 minute weapon buffs or 3 charge lightning shields. Macro improvements instead of scripting (roid-macros gets close enough to retail) and even being limited to 12 spaces for shared macros. Various abilities automatically shifting you out of form as a druid (like a healing pot). Being unable to set auto-loot as default (there is a modified .exe that does this I think?) and no group loot.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I am enjoying the server. I am level 15 orc rogue playing HC, slow and steady, and the other one too. Can't remember the name at the moment. While it's slow, I am having fun with it.

It solves my "what game to play delimma" until diablo 4 or p99 green 2.0. I was finishing up school when green server dropped, and I tried to play but endless research papers took all the play time I had. Looking forward to a second go around.

• 1Like