Writers Guild Strike 2023

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The YouTube algorithm wouldn't have suggested Sledgehammer every third video, so it is clearly inferior

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This type of view is honestly pretty funny. "Shit I don't like exists, so I would rather it all burn down than just ignore the shit I don't like or support stuff I like". This forum is a classic example of the stick in the bicycle wheel meme. "I hate Hollywood, I will pirate this movie" "This movie I liked didn't do well, but I watched it even if I didn't pay for it. Why don't they make movies like this anymore!"

Even if you are of the view that the shit you don't like is subverting/indoctrinating/whatever people, it is still a question of actual influence.

Does Hollywood influence people? Of course. A lot of American soft power comes from it, for example, and it would be hard to argue that movies and shows don't have influencing effects on people. But I also think some effects are overstated and lots of "message before plot" writers usually make garbage that most audiences recognize. Supergirl on CW ratings took a massive dump when they started doing that in later seasons, for example.

This would be a nuanced position except most of the product is shit. Your position is that while 80+% of shows are garbage, we really need to hardcore support the people producing said garbage instead of having standards. Shows like early GoT couldn't be made today. Not because of some strike, audience boredom/disapproval, money issues, etc. It's because no one in Hollywood would produce a show like that. I'd rather see people unwilling to make good shows because of 'Diversity!' influences or lack of talent stay unemployed. That's what happens in most non-government jobs. I'd rather a hard reset than to continue to support shit. It's not a difficult position to imagine when you see what's out there today. When I look at the typical show today all I see is, 'Garbage in, garbage out.' I don't miss garbage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like a much better show to me. The panel discussion was the only thing I watched, to see what the non-MSM Libs were talking about. All his "comedy" is absolute shit and maybe this means he will get back to the 5 people panel with a push to get more conservatives on the show too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Shit 50 years ago is not the same now. lol.
idkr

everyone here is fucking old, mtv is for young ppl, you age out of music videos

here is a youtube playlist of the top 100 songs, i believe i have it set to random, but who cares

i dare anyone sit down and watch 10full NON fastforward or skip a video, b/c that is what sitting in front of mtv is like.

• 1Barf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a much better show to me. The panel discussion was the only thing I watched, to see what the non-MSM Libs were talking about. All his "comedy" is absolute shit and maybe this means he will get back to the 5 people panel with a push to get more conservatives on the show too.
He's a complete piece of shit that got on TV after 9/11 and said we were cowards that deserved it. I'd set him on fire then not piss on him.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He's a complete piece of shit that got on TV after 9/11 and said we were cowards that deserved it. I'd set him on fire then not piss on him.
He never said the US deserved it. It was a conversation about Bush calling the terrorists cowards. Maher said the US lobbing cruise missiles at targets in the Middle East, while we were all sitting comfortable in our homes was cowardly and that the terrorist that rode the planes all the way into the buildings, staring their deaths in the face, would not be considered cowardly.

There was also a show around that time about how Clinton was the main one that sat at home lobbing missiles at people, leading to more and more animosity toward the US (not that Maher seemed to agree):

Regardless, he is (or at least was, before the Wuhanic Plague) able to get on a wide selection of mostly non-woke leftists and sometimes even conservatives to have a round table discussion. Which helps to inform me of different conversations and points of view that I certainly wouldn't get here.

I find it a bit funny, that today in the Politics forum, people were making fun of Wokesters blocking and DISENVOUING any views that run counter to the message...

• 1Like

Goatface

1694699593262.png

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
He never said the US deserved it. It was a conversation about Bush calling the terrorists cowards. Maher said the US lobbing cruise missiles at targets in the Middle East, while we were all sitting comfortable in our homes was cowardly and that the terrorist that rode the planes all the way into the buildings, staring their deaths in the face, would not be considered cowardly.

There was also a show around that time about how Clinton was the main one that sat at home lobbing missiles at people, leading to more and more animosity toward the US (not that Maher seemed to agree):

Regardless, he is (or at least was, before the Wuhanic Plague) able to get on a wide selection of mostly non-woke leftists and sometimes even conservatives to have a round table discussion. Which helps to inform me of different conversations and points of view that I certainly wouldn't get here.

I find it a bit funny, that today in the Politics forum, people were making fun of Wokesters blocking and DISENVOUING any views that run counter to the message...
He's a cunt.

• 3Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Maher said the US lobbing cruise missiles at targets in the Middle East, while we were all sitting comfortable in our homes was cowardly and that the terrorist that rode the planes all the way into the buildings, staring their deaths in the face, would not be considered cowardly.
Mahers a tool but he's 100% right about this.

Its annoying how politicians - almost all of whome have never stared mortal danger in the face - constantly call suicide bombers "cowards".

There are a whole lot of reasons to criticize terrorists and other suicide bombers. Cowardice is the single most backwards and non-factual criticism one could make at them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida

View attachment 490589

Honestly VFX artists for Marvel sounds like one of the worst jobs on the planet, its hard to blame em. You don't see filmmakers who care put out garbage VFX...go look at Dune or BR2049. Fuck wasnt Antman 3 infront of that screen thing they built for small shows like Mando? Here go create an entire movie on your computer and do it in a year. fuck that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly VFX artists for Marvel sounds like one of the worst jobs on the planet, its hard to blame em. You don't see filmmakers who care put out garbage VFX...go look at Dune or BR2049. Fuck wasnt Antman 3 infront of that screen thing they built for small shows like Mando? Here go create an entire movie on your computer and do it in a year. fuck that.
yeah, that shit drives me crazy. either do the job right or dont fucking do it. doing it half assed and then calling it "good nuff" or "i meant to make it look like that" is such an insult to audiences intelligentce and it makes them look like shit tier artists. these movies get delayed and reshot so often now that there is plenty of time to release a movie done right. artists need to tell these bastards to fuck off when they call for last minute VFX changes. contract an amount of work. do that work properly and then send it out the door. want more done? draw up a new contract and then wait til its properly done. cant wait that long? then you work around the VFX that you already have.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Are there enough bands even making videos anymore? Especially in the Youtube age, when you can watch any video any time, instead of waiting hours to catch what you want.
Modern bands would be dumb not to make videos. Tho it's possible they aren't as common as back on the day. But yeah, people these days doom scrolling won't stop and just listen to something, they need video too.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

My second cousin went straight out of college to do computer animation for Pixar back in late 90s. She said it was insanely boring, the pay sucked, the hours were super long and everyone who worked there was either a complete zombie or an total asshole. It's was basically a sweat shop.

She quit after 3.5-4 yrs and moved back to the Midwest. Pixar called her a year later and hired her as a subcontractor, better pay and work from home. She says it's still mind numbingly boring but she gets paid well.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

joz123

Potato del Grande
Companies really not going to give in now knowing they can just collect unemployment which is way less than their salaries.