X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dunno, I thought Mad Max was vastly over rated personally.
Did you see it at the movies?

I watched it at home and I have the same view of it as you. I think it was partly because the it is a poor story wrapped around some very stunning visuals. I expect if I had seen it in a theater that would have amplified the movies strengths. I think my view of movie would have been much improved.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mad max was great but a majority of people made it out to be the greatest thing ever.

Miller is a fantastic director and was able to give more depth to every character in the movie even though there was little tallking. Hoult was forgettable in AoA but he had almost zero dialogue in MM and was fantastic

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Mad Max was a good movie with some awesome visuals and scenes. I don't elevate it beyond that though.
This is what's awesome about the retarded derails from another thread.

We can all stand up and say something different. But I'm fairly sure the consensus wasn't that Mad Max was the greatest thing ever, but more that the bar has been set so fucking low that a movie that would have sucked in another era, is godlike in this one.

Or in other words, you fucking morons defending this piece of shit and saying Mad Max was just ok are exactly the problem. This movie was AWFUL. It was Jennifer Lawerence fucking the director, and Fox creating a script by throwing darts at famous moments in X-Men history. It was an awful disjointed piece of shit, and had no redeeming qualities. I'm fairly sure Mystiques entire personality was designed around Lawerences quirks and refusal to wear makeup.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Wow, a character's personality designed around the actor portraying them? Say it aint so!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I choose to read that as "fucking" him in terms of messing up his movie, because the only reason she'd actually have sex with him was if she wanted to be in the movie, which she clearly didn't.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only reason he'd actually have sex with her is if she was an underage boy, which she clearly isn't.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I realize this is the internet, and everything is either the best or the worst ever, but I can't even call this "bad" - the worst I'd put it in is "Wait for DVD" territory.

Considering how great X2 and First Class were, that's reallydisappointing, but the movie itself is notbad. Seeing them recreate the Barry Windsor Smith Weapon X costume gets it 5/10 to start with
smile.png

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Watched this last night and enjoyed it. Definitely has problems but they didn't affect my enjoyment of it. It had some lazy writing such as the poor choice of horsemen, lack of believable motivation for them except for archangel. They arbitrarily wanted magneto to be a villain turn hero. Psylocke was wasted and fairly useless. Storm was ok.

They obviously decided they wanted cyclops and therefore had to kill off havok which is a shame, i liked havok more.

I actually quite liked apocalypse as a villain and thought he used his powers well. The end fight was very enjoyable. Quicksilver's two scenes stole the show again.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I assumed he was using some sort of persuasion whenever his voice got all strange and his eyes turned color. Not mind control, and not quite Jedi Mind Trick, but it seemed obvious that something was going on.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Also, c'mon, look at how much shit they were throwing at him and getting nowhere. Nobody has held off an assault like that. Even maxed out Ultron was comically ripped to shit once his minions were out of the way.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
No, I called it mediocre and got 12 negs. I just generally want to be able to rep someone more than once. Did you notice it was amod I said that to?

It's funny I just got another neg for insinuating it might not be mediocre. I bet xarpolis feels like a moron right about now.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Are there actually some theater hipsters in here hating on Fury Road while defending this shitty X-Men movie or is this just a dumb derail?