X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Remember when they tried to pass this thing off as Rogue... Fox sucks shit.

anna_paquin5.jpg
e6210aac975c039e848bb758f92d9fc0.jpg

• 4Barf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
February release is certainly a bad sign. Justice League while being pretty bad is not in the same ballpark of bad as Apocalypse was. Apocalypse is Catwoman or Highlander 2 kind of bad. Seriously fucking awful.

It's no longer a dump month. Deadpool and black panther both showed you can open big over President's day weekend (it's scheduled for 2/14, not 2/05 like the original post does).

However, this movie has a big stench emanating from it.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's no longer a dump month. Deadpool and black panther both showed you can open big over President's day weekend (it's scheduled for 2/14, not 2/05 like the original post does).

However, this movie has a big stench emanating from it.
That's fair enough I guess, but this movie is still likely to be terrible.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't have superhero fatigue, i have bad x-men movie fatigue.
It really sucks what they've done with the new X-Men franchise. Remember how good First Class was? Hell, that Quicksilver scene alone was top tier. TOP TIER! They fucking ruined everything.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider

That shit doesn't count, lol. Though, I feel bad for Taylor Kitsch. He was good in Friday Night Lights, but man, what a string of shit movies.

I always envisioned that Josh Halloway (Sawyer from Lost) would have made an awesome Gambit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
It really sucks what they've done with the new X-Men franchise. Remember how good First Class was? Hell, that Quicksilver scene alone was top tier. TOP TIER! They fucking ruined everything.

Quicksilver scene was DOFP, not First Class. Otherwise agree.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I need the faggot rating so I can properly respond to all of these Gambit posts please.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one who actually preferred MCU's Quicksilver? The DOFP scene was flashy and fun, but beyond that... meh.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Will there ever be an X-Men movie where Cyclops is properly portrayed by a competent actor with an actual storyline. Fuck all this wolverine shit.

Ill take Chris Pine at this point, or even John Krasinski.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sorry bro Cycolps has always and will always be the teachers pet faggot loser. Cartoon, Comic, live action doesn't matter. Really out of all the xmen what kind of queer likes cyclops.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I would agree that first class is the best x-men movie (maybe X2?) but it still pales to pretty much anything in the MCU.

I was such a huge X-fan in the 90's =(

• 1Solidarity

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No Quicksilver movie please. MCU was smart to kill him off. The problem is super speed is WAY too powerful and makes it too easy to solve far too many problems. Yeah, we all loved those scenes of Fox's Quicksilver being a badass, but think about it. Very few things would pose any sort of issue for him. I mean, the amount of times they have to play dumb to make The Flash TV series work is crazy. For instance, no one should be able to simply flee a room with a 20 second head start and get away from the Flash, but that shit happens all.the.time.

Seriously hoping Disney gets the money together to buy back the X-Men. I honestly can't imagine how awesome they would be in the MCU.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No Quicksilver movie please. MCU was smart to kill him off. The problem is super speed is WAY too powerful and makes it too easy to solve far too many problems. Yeah, we all loved those scenes of Fox's Quicksilver being a badass, but think about it. Very few things would pose any sort of issue for him. I mean, the amount of times they have to play dumb to make The Flash TV series work is crazy. For instance, no one should be able to simply flee a room with a 20 second head start and get away from the Flash, but that shit happens all.the.time.

Seriously hoping Disney gets the money together to buy back the X-Men. I honestly can't imagine how awesome they would be in the MCU.

The irony being that MCU Quicksilver was more in line with his comic book power level and would have been fine to stay alive and be part of further movies. Instead they killed him off and the speed-force level version of Quicksilver gets to stick around.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Apocalypse was an absolute dumpster fire of aborted fetuses so I have zero expectations for this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I thought i'd hate em, the Diversity X-Force in DOFP, but the first 10mins is my fav xmen scene. They actually feel like a xmen team thats been working together for a long time, even w/ the fucked up looking Sentinels.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It really is a shame almost all the X-Men movies blow. I like the universe so much more than MCU superheroes. First Class, Logan and X2 are legit good. DoFP has its moments. The rest are pure shit.

• 2Like