X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The more I have thought about this, the more disappointing it becomes. The First Class cast isn't that bad really. I'm not a fan of them picking up Sansa for Jean Grey but even with Apocalypse, that was a solid choice just poorly executed. Dude could have provided mainly a voiceover with some awesome CGI. Story and execution has been their downfall in addition to a disconnect of how to portray the characters in a way that honors their comic book origins but fits it into whatever world they were attempting to establish. The MCU has changed stuff here and there but I don't think any of it was horribly disappointing except the Mandarin which can still be easily fixed.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The MCU has changed stuff here and there but I don't think any of it was horribly disappointing except the Mandarin which can still be easily fixed.

That was the montreal screw jobs of comic background stories. I don't think they could fix that one

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
According to IMDB, chick is Luna and dude is Red Lotus.

bAjxhTH.gif

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
LoL, I dunno either... I was curious myself and did my own legwork to find out. Apparently it's Quicksilver's daughter (such a clear resemblance, rite?), and Red Lotus is some asian but to me the actor looks middle eastern :confused:

Diversity baby! :smuggly:

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
That was the montreal screw jobs of comic background stories. I don't think they could fix that one

lol.. nice reference. :) but I don't know. You could find out that during Killian's journey he discovered the Mandarin and attempted to hire him as a partner or whatever which the Mandarin finds insulting and refuses to work with him. Maybe attempts to kill him but his extremis allows him to survive. He becomes obsessed with the plan and decides to "create" the Mandarin since he can't buy him and even goes as far to try to be equally or more powerful (thus the tattoos and claim at the end of IM3). This all comes back to Killian wanting revenge and an attempt to prove he can get whatever he wants.

I think there are a number of ways to bring the real Mandarin to the MCU. I hope so anyway. :)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My point in summing up their injuries is wondering who the fuck beat their asses that bad AFTER they'd already hooked back up with Magneto? Presumably they wouldn't have run to Magneto for help until after Jean and/or the Shi'ar handed out a beatdown, so who the hell managed to kick the shit out of them that bad with Magneto on their side, and who the hell are they running to for help now that the Magneto plan already failed?

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My point in summing up their injuries is wondering who the fuck beat their asses that bad AFTER they'd already hooked back up with Magneto? Presumably they wouldn't have run to Magneto for help until after Jean and/or the Shi'ar handed out a beatdown, so who the hell managed to kick the shit out of them that bad with Magneto on their side, and who the hell are they running to for help now that the Magneto plan already failed?
If I had to guess...Dark Phoenix. I know you said her already, but she's the one that is most capable of something like that. She goes a little wild at first, so they contact Magneto, he comes to help, and she kicks the everloving shit out of them.

But that would make too much sense, so probably some random mutant we've never seen before that just happens to be that powerful. And then is never seen again.

Man, Dark Phoenix is one of my favorite things about the X-Men (before they brought her or her clone or her daughter or who knows what else back to life for the millionth time), and I was so upset when they ruined it in X3. Now they are going to most likely make X3 look like a goddamn masterpiece with this pile of shit. I honestly wish Marvel just shitcans it and never releases it, because the harm yet another shitty adaptation could do to those characters is pretty huge. Your average viewer doesn't understand all the "But that was Fox, this is all new!"

I know they won't though, because it is already paid for, so why not get a few hundred million "free" money right out of the gate?

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Saw the trailer before Alita this weekend. My wife, Myself, and pretty much everybody within earshot I could hear were thoroughly unimpressed. Looks like it's going to be a dumpster fire as the "exit" from the era of Fox X-movies.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The movie was doomed years ago when they cast Sophie "Screen presence of a potato" Turner as Jean Grey. Yes, she's perfectly fappable when one is in a redhead mood, but we already had that to work with. We didn't need her glass-faced potato acting in another role.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ya better trailer than i thought.

WANTED the Phoenix "flames" around her at the end closing scene. woman with the white hair i assume is emma frost?

Sterling

El Presidente
Still feels almost unreal that this franchise with the budgets that these movies have had and with the acting talent that they've had is almost all trash. The 2nd Wolverine movie wasn't awful and First Class was at least a coherent movie, but the only actual good ones are the R rated ones they did near the end. What in the actual fuck. And people want to complain about Wolverine being a 5 foot hair ball instead of a relatively tall good looking dude as if Jackman isn't mostly the one redeeming thing in this entire shitshow.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
true.

jackman was the ONLY good xman so far in my opinion.

ok cable in deadpool 2 was great, but he isn't in an xman movie--yet.

• 1Like