Xbox Megathread

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had my first random shutdown on Series X today. Strangely it has never happened even when I play a game (Yakuza 7 mainly) for several hours but it just did it this morning while browsing the MS Store. Turned right back on and everything seems fine now though, aside from having to re-pair my controller with it.

What's the difference between the $10 and $15 gamepass? Is it just allowing play on different platforms? Playtime with it is unlimited right? How's the catalog? It allows unlimited play on games in it for the month right? Any other perks? How often do games get added?

Outside of the pass, what's the cheapest way to buy games these days? I guess her son really wants Jurrasic World Evolution (Xbox One)
$10 = Game Pass PC (only), $15 = Game Pass Ultimate (Xbox and PC). Right now you can get 3 months (+1 extra, usually) of Ultimate for $20 from Target.

Jurassic World Evolution is on sale for $15 ($16.50 for Deluxe) if you buy it digitally from MS. Bunch of other stuff on sale for BF/CM too, think the prices are good until the 3rd or something like that.

• 1Like
  • 1Genius!
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Been having an issue with our Xbox where the hdmi feed sometimes will cut out. Happens regardless of app (it’s happened in Yakuza, YouTube app, Disney+ app, etc). Though strangely we haven’t had it happen while playing Gears 5. Not sure if the HDMI cable that came with it is faulty or it’s something else.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Had my first random shutdown on Series X today. Strangely it has never happened even when I play a game (Yakuza 7 mainly) for several hours but it just did it this morning while browsing the MS Store. Turned right back on and everything seems fine now though, aside from having to re-pair my controller with it.

$10 = Game Pass PC (only), $15 = Game Pass Ultimate (Xbox and PC). Right now you can get 3 months (+1 extra, usually) of Ultimate for $20 from Target.

Jurassic World Evolution is on sale for $15 ($16.50 for Deluxe) if you buy it digitally from MS. Bunch of other stuff on sale for BF/CM too, think the prices are good until the 3rd or something like that.
Gentleman and a scholar

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
November update: November 2020 Xbox Console Update Begins Rolling Out on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One - Xbox Wire

From the article:
  • The November 2020 Xbox Console Update is beginning to roll out for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One family of devices.
  • Xbox Series X|S owners get more dynamic background options and an Auto HDR indicator in the guide.
  • Optimized for X|S” badges make it easy to know which games are ready for Xbox Series X|S.
  • Xbox Game Pass members can browse and pre-load games with a new Coming Soon section.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
For those that had an Xbox One X how much of a difference are you seeing between the One X and the Series X? Is it noticeable or is this gonna be a case of you trying to convince yourself that its nicer to justify the expense?

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
For those that had an Xbox One X how much of a difference are you seeing between the One X and the Series X? Is it noticeable or is this gonna be a case of you trying to convince yourself that its nicer to justify the expense?

It’s noticeable, but I easily could have waited with my One X and PC.
I have yet to try a true next gen game on it but so far the three things it has over the one X are.

Way faster load times..
WiFi speeds much better (this really anoted me on the one x vs my pspro)
360 games look amazing. I bought metal gear rising revengence on the weekend for $5 and it looks like a PS4/Xbox1 era game.

If you play Xbox every day and have some disposable income, get it. If it’s a secondary machine behind a ps5 the waiting might be the best choice.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

massive difference, like 10x faster boot times, similar load times for games, 60 fps solid performance on stuff like Forza Horizon 4 which was 30 fps before.

Its not "omg this is like gaming on a whole new level", but its a big enough difference that you appreciate it. That said, I've played my Series X maybe 5 hours total since I bought it, i play mostly my PS5 since all the new games I'm playing - Demon Souls, COD Black Ops, Sackboy, Maneater - are on there. Some are on Xbox, but at this point I prefer to pay $$ for games on PS5 and use my xbox as a gamepass machine.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So I'm sitting on 9 of these now. Sold one on Craigslist to some Mexican Mom trying to get it for her son. Netted $950 off that. Cut her a deal since I didn't have to ship it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Netted?
You marked it up $950 and sold for $1450?

Your might be be stuck with a bunch of them. Xbox is not in as demand as ps5 and appears to be available intermittently.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So I'm sitting on 9 of these now. Sold one on Craigslist to some Mexican Mom trying to get it for her son. Netted $950 off that. Cut her a deal since I didn't have to ship it.
Do you give discounts to joggers if they let you suck their suck?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Netted?
You marked it up $950 and sold for $1450?

Your might be be stuck with a bunch of them. Xbox is not in as demand as ps5 and appears to be available intermittently.
Lol I have more ps5s than xhox's.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Lol I have more ps5s than xhox's.
Xboxes in Norway go for around 700-800 while PS5s generally start off with bids at 1.4k now. Pretty sure this gen will be like the others, PS will dominate the market share (if they actually manage to make the consoles so people can buy them that is). I'd have one if I could actually buy one at a reasonable price.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Xboxes in Norway go for around 700-800 while PS5s generally start off with bids at 1.4k now. Pretty sure this gen will be like the others, PS will dominate the market share (if they actually manage to make the consoles so people can buy them that is). I'd have one if I could actually buy one at a reasonable price.
For sure ps5 resale is way better. I've found them harder to get.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
If anyone wants an xbox and has a disc version ps5 let me know, landed a series X with 2 years of Ultimate Game Pass subscription but I'd much rather have the disc PS5 since I have games / accessories for it. I know it's a long shot but figured I'd put it out there anyway.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Part of me wants to keep an xbox x but after seeing Koushirou Koushirou post about her issues and really the lack of exclusives, i feel like I should wait till they have shit ironed out....

Don't they usually release a better model only like a year after these days? Xbox one has slim, x, etc

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Part of me wants to keep an xbox x but after seeing Koushirou Koushirou post about her issues and really the lack of exclusives, i feel like I should wait till they have shit ironed out....

Don't they usually release a better model only like a year after these days? Xbox one has slim, x, etc

It was 3 years later for the slim, 4 years for the one x

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve had no issues with my series X, runs smooth and quiet, remote access with phone app works great, load times are great.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well then... Wonder if current issues are hardware related or software
We looked around and the issue seems to be almost entirely exclusive to TCL TVs (fucking China) and not the Xbox itself. That’s also the only issue we’ve seen so far, so it seems pretty solid.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah zero issues with my X and i've had it since launch day, but also haven't really played more than 10-20 hours on it. i've installed a lot though, and kept my 8TB USB drive attached the entire time.

Played like 5 hours of Demon Souls yesterday though, the PS5 is still far superior. The controller alone I honestly like more than the elite 2

I normally don't get warranties but I got 2 years on my PS5 (best buy) and you can add the microsoft one directly from microsoft for $50 for 2 years, i might do that. you have until like jan 1st to add it

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like