Xbox Megathread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 different computers, app on the phone, and multiple tabs open for both the Series X and the PS5. Constantly refresh to nail the exact second the 'add to cart' button pops.

Still never got past the Captcha loop on any of them. Fuck this gay world.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I was logged in to my account, got as far as entering delivery address but never made it to confirm payment method.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
2 different computers, app on the phone, and multiple tabs open for both the Series X and the PS5. Constantly refresh to nail the exact second the 'add to cart' button pops.

Still never got past the Captcha on any of them. Fuck this gay world.
Same experience here. Had both consoles in the cart, agreed to all the capchas, no dice.

There are massive cook groups setup for snagging these things and the bots they're using can go upwards of $8k.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same experience here. Had both consoles in the cart, agreed to all the capchas, no dice.

There are massive cook groups setup for snagging these things and the bots they're using can go upwards of $8k.
Tried, out of curiosity, to figure out what cook groups are and what the point is of those groups. It all seems they are centered around one software engineer that makes the bot, and the rest just find shit that will be "limited"? I don't know.

spronk

FPS noob
they are discord/twitter groups that pay people bounties to find deals, its been focused on sneakers and apparel for years but blew up this winter due to Nvidia RTX 3080, AMD cards/CPUs, PS5, iphone 12s, and xbox. Its not one dev, usually a team, they sell the software and discord group invite for a monthly fee ($60-500+) plus an annual fee for the software, and the software automates every aspect of buying including captcha, add to cart, checkout, payment, etc and uses proxy servers and can generate accounts so you can literally place hundreds of orders in the 1 minute or so anything becomes available.

You can't even really buy the bots anymore, instead they sold out all their keys, they do "drops" ocassionally for social media cred but generally all keys now are resold through their own version of ebay

"cook" (the act of making money), "cop" (to get a product), etc all are sneaker head terms generally derived from shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire. "Jesse, we have to cook"

Some of these guys make millions of dollars a year from reselling sneakers, they pay big cash to retail employees to set aside shoes only for them or to give a heads up when a shoe will go on sale online.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

they are discord/twitter groups that pay people bounties to find deals, its been focused on sneakers and apparel for years but blew up this winter due to Nvidia RTX 3080, AMD cards/CPUs, PS5, iphone 12s, and xbox. Its not one dev, usually a team, they sell the software and discord group invite for a monthly fee ($60-500+) plus an annual fee for the software, and the software automates every aspect of buying including captcha, add to cart, checkout, payment, etc and uses proxy servers and can generate accounts so you can literally place hundreds of orders in the 1 minute or so anything becomes available.

You can't even really buy the bots anymore, instead they sold out all their keys, they do "drops" ocassionally for social media cred but generally all keys now are resold through their own version of ebay

"cook" (the act of making money), "cop" (to get a product), etc all are sneaker head terms generally derived from shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire. "Jesse, we have to cook"

Some of these guys make millions of dollars a year from reselling sneakers, they pay big cash to retail employees to set aside shoes only for them or to give a heads up when a shoe will go on sale online.
Yea, this shit is insane. There are still cook groups that are taking new members, but not sure how good they are. It would make sense that the good ones are not taking new members.

Edit: So does your discord invite then let you get the bot? So they don't run slots for you... well some do, and you can rent a slot to work for a particular item I guess? I was trying to look into this. Let their amazing bots run some XSX or Ps5 shit.

Last edited:

Vorph

How do you force Xbox to cloud sync your savegames? I saved my game in Yakuza 7 and shut it down this morning, then tried to load it up on my X1X this afternoon and it synced but the saves I pulled down are like 2 days old.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Picked up a series X on Best Buy app this morning, they are releasing some every few minutes - mine says pick up 11/27.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Looked like Best Buy added a bunch of hoops you had to jump through to prevent the bots/scalpers from snatching them all up

Crone

Looked like Best Buy added a bunch of hoops you had to jump through to prevent the bots/scalpers from snatching them all up
Yep! Pretty nice actually. It's only a matter of time before the bots get re-programmed, but hopefully they'll stay away until past black Friday? Who knows.

Vorph

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Each time I put the 1 year xbl code in with auto renewal on it offered me the free month.

I clicked no on the free month to make sure I had exactly 36 months before I transferred Xbox live to GP Ultimate.

Might still be cheaper to buy a year of xbl. Get a free month. Convert to GP. First time to convert is $1 2nd is one month full price.

Vorph

Might still be cheaper to buy a year of xbl. Get a free month. Convert to GP. First time to convert is $1 2nd is one month full price.
I converted something like 33 months way back when they first had the offer. I thought adding Live Gold codes to an existing Game Pass Ultimate sub would just add like 1 month to GP for every 2 months of Gold, or something like that?

Even so, if the auto-renew trick works, that's $69 for a year. If there's a way to convert XBL Gold it would still be $60+15, no?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I converted something like 33 months way back when they first had the offer. I thought adding Live Gold codes to an existing Game Pass Ultimate sub would just add like 1 month to GP for every 2 months of Gold, or something like that?

Even so, if the auto-renew trick works, that's $69 for a year. If there's a way to convert XBL Gold it would still be $60+15, no?

good point. I should have mentioned i let my GP lapse prior to doing the three year deal again with xbl.

Vorph

Reading more about it, it seems like it's just random whether or not you get the extra month offer. I just bought one code for now and I did get the offer, but no clue if I'll get it on all of them if I decide to buy a couple more. It's a pretty good deal either way though.

spronk

FPS noob
i haven't done it in months but i think the process is

- add code, say YES to auto renew, adds extra free month
- go into gamepass ultimate sub, turn OFF auto renew, wait a few mins
- rinse and repeat

if you add a code while auto renew is already on, i believe you won't get the extra free month. and give it a few mins in between so any backend systems sync up.