Xbox Megathread

Crisco

A greasy jar
So i finally got an xbox x and wanted to see the most cost effective way to get the gamepass whatever that offers a bunch of games each month.

First question with like 3 tiers of online which one lets you play online and the included games each month? Youd figure the expensive option but it likely comes with crap i dont care about at least at this time.

I know costco has $100 cards for $80 is there anything cheaper especially with christmas sales?

Last xbox i had was the 360 so i am positive i missed a lot which is why gamepass seems right for me.

Thanks

spronk

FPS noob
read through this, can get 3 years for $100-150
www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/j6afou/guide_to_getting_cheapest_game_pass_ultimate/

if you are comfortable with VPNs can get 3 years of ultimate for $90

ultimate gives you everything - GWG, gamepass xbox/pc, cloud storage, and xcloud. no point in having anything other than ultimate honestly

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seagate 1TB expansion is $187 at Gamestop today. If you want to save even more, you can buy a variable amount GS giftcard at Dollar General for -15% and use that to pay for it.

Also, the extra $50 trade credit on X1X (and I assume PS4Pro) is running again. I got $325 for the X1X I replaced with a Series S today.

Speaking of Series S, spronk spronk or anyone else ever heard of people using the expansion card in more than one console? I was thinking I'd install digital games I'm playing to the expansion card and transfer it between my S and X as needed, and it'd solve the problem of Series S' pathetic amount of storage without having to feel like an idiot for buying a S + card that ends up costing as much as an X.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
From what I've read previously you should be able to as one of the touted features was being able to take the card and drop it into any series x/s. I am still boycotting it until it stops being seagate proprietary shit though ;[

"Can I remove an Xbox Storage Expansion Card I've installed it?

Yes, you can. One of the best things about the Seagate Storage Expansion Card is that you'll be able to remove it and take it to someone else's house to use on their Xbox Series X or S."

Vorph

Nice, that's perfect then. I would've kept up my boycott too but the combination of getting it for ~160 before tax and Series S lack of space being unbearable changed my mind. Plus I am betting that Seagate's exclusivity deal wasn't just for one year as people speculated, and imo the new 2TB model they just released is proof of that.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah if I could justify having both x/s in the same house I would probably bite too, but this is a 1 gamer household with my gf only using the switch on occasion.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i've transferred my USB3 drive between my xbox and my brothers and it works fine, external drives aren't encrypted to the console like internal storage and the SSD card counts the same. Only tricky thing is its a bit awkward plugging it in and out, especially if you have USB cables hooked in the back.

I bought the 1TB two days ago from best buy and love it, really freed up a lot of space. I paid $5 more than gamestop but the gamestop price only lasted a few hours, its back to $220 now

Vorph

My first time plugging it into the Series S got the "we detected the drive but the signal is too weak, please re-insert" error. Haven't gone home yet to test it in the Series X, but I hope that error isn't going to be a recurring thing.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Seagate 1TB expansion is $187 at Gamestop today. If you want to save even more, you can buy a variable amount GS giftcard at Dollar General for -15% and use that to pay for it.

Also, the extra $50 trade credit on X1X (and I assume PS4Pro) is running again. I got $325 for the X1X I replaced with a Series S today.

Speaking of Series S, spronk spronk or anyone else ever heard of people using the expansion card in more than one console? I was thinking I'd install digital games I'm playing to the expansion card and transfer it between my S and X as needed, and it'd solve the problem of Series S' pathetic amount of storage without having to feel like an idiot for buying a S + card that ends up costing as much as an X.
Isn't the Series S a step down from a X1X?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
It is but I’ve gathered unless you’re playing on a higher resolution/higher refresh rate tv/monitor the S is pretty solid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

That's what I thought for a long time too, but no. The SSD alone is worth switching over to get load times in seconds instead of minutes, and the only thing the X1X is strictly better at is last gen games that were optimized for it. The lower RAM on Series S forces those games to run the X1S version when you play them through BC. That's becoming unimportant over time as more and more X1 and even some 360 games receive FPS boost patches for Series S|X.

For the most part the only difference I see in new games that I play on both the Series X and S is the drop from 4K HDR TV to 1080p non-HDR PC monitor. It was definitely a solid upgrade, especially when the Series S was $300 and the X1X (that I paid ~$160 for) got $325 in trade value. Now that I've found out that I can share my 1TB card with both the consoles I don't even regret not hunting down a second Series X.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was finally able to get a Xbox X today from Walmart. Went on sale at 9pst had one by 9:05.

Don't really need a console, so haven't been trying until lately. Being hard to get makes it more desirable I guess.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
make sure you get gamepass, even $1 for 3-4 months and you'll be drowning in hundreds of cool games, i try em all 80% i am bored in an hour and uninstall but sometimes you find a real gem you never thought you'd like

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Is there a reason to have this right now? Neither Halo or Forza are enough to interest me buy one. Can't seem to find much more worth playing?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
just gamepass if you like playing random ass games without actually paying for them

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is there a reason to have this right now? Neither Halo or Forza are enough to interest me buy one. Can't seem to find much more worth playing?
If you got a super rig I would say no. I’m waiting until I can just get one without a bundle to games already on gamepass.

• 1Like