Xbox Megathread

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
When I load Game Pass app there's a pop-up that says my account has been suspended. Links me to a generic page for xbox enforcement. No info or indications anywhere else.

Everything seems to work, including Forza Horizon 5 online, which is the only thing I do online and sparingly. Though yesterday I played a lot of the online Trial testing different cars and trying to help people get credit.

Only interaction with enforcement was yesterday reporting a black thug's gamer tag that was some shit like niigguuuhh420, because I don't usually care but that's going a bit far for the Xbox ecosystem.

Thoughts? Error? Warning I can't see? Some blue hair seeing a black dude got reported and tryna ban me instead?

spronk

FPS noob
achievements for Goldeneye 007 popped up on xbox today, not really much else out there. IO Interactive (Hitman) is working on a James Bond game but probably not related

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
achievements for Goldeneye 007 popped up on xbox today, not really much else out there. IO Interactive (Hitman) is working on a James Bond game but probably not related

Listen, okay, I put a lot of time into that over 20 years ago. Finishing all the things on all the difficulties, faster than the times. I'll fucking do it again.

I'm going to have to buy an xbox. Are the series x still impossible to get?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Available-Today_Coming-Soon_1.4.2022.jpg

Good stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Avoided buying Mass Effect Legendary or playing the originals assuming it was going on Game Pass eventually. Not sure if smart or just a cheapskate, but I feel vindicated.

spronk

FPS noob
its a fantastic game, might even be my favorite game i finished in 2021 which is kinda sad

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Same. I took it off my steam wishlist once I heard the rumors. I've never played it originally so add another game on the pile this year =D

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Another game on my Steam Wishlist gets "Ignored - Played on Another Platform" - Fantastic! !!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Another game on my Steam Wishlist gets "Ignored - Played on Another Platform" - Fantastic! !!
Mass effect legendary is great. I subbed up until 2025 with ultimate. I’ve been throughly enjoying PC gamepass.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crisco

A greasy jar
I read earlier in thread there was a trick to get ultimate using reg gamepass. Do you have to do anything special or does the system just get tricked and boom upgrade?

spronk

FPS noob
you buy 24-36 months of gamepass/games with gold and then convert to ultimate and it converts at 1:1 ratio (24 months of gamepass gives you 24 months of ultimate). its a one time thing, max 36 months is doable, but it works also if you let your ultimate expire and then re-up with regular gamepass/gwg. not a huge trick, but a pretty good deal since you can get gamepass as low as $33/yr - read last few pages of the gamepass thread and i linked a slickdeals thread about using turkish VPN and shit.

if you don't wanna bother with that crap just go to costco or cdkeys.com and you can buy like 1 year of gamepass for ~$40-50.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
ubisoft+ is coming to xbox, and rainbow six quarantine will be part of gamepass at launch

i don't think ubisoft+ is gonna be rolled into gamepass, you have to pay $15/mo for it to get access to all ubisoft games. There aren't enough ubisoft games to make it really worthwhile, but maybe once or twice a year you can blow through all their new games in a month or two. AC Valhalla is ok, FC6 is not good, Immortals Fenyx is good, no clue about Wash Dogs 3. I beta'd Rainbow Six and hated it but i'm not into coop/horde games.

Crone

ubisoft+ is coming to xbox, and rainbow six quarantine will be part of gamepass at launch

i don't think ubisoft+ is gonna be rolled into gamepass, you have to pay $15/mo for it to get access to all ubisoft games. There aren't enough ubisoft games to make it really worthwhile, but maybe once or twice a year you can blow through all their new games in a month or two. AC Valhalla is ok, FC6 is not good, Immortals Fenyx is good, no clue about Wash Dogs 3. I beta'd Rainbow Six and hated it but i'm not into coop/horde games.
This is amazing news! Maybe they'll also be on Xbox game cloud?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
U+ is one of my wishlist items for Game Pass, glad to see that's coming. Hopefully it's not a separate offering from their PC subscription, and instead is both another method for accessing the service as well as augmenting your library the way EA Play does.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering buying the Xbox Elite series 2 controller, and I noticed it comes with a USB-C cable, anyone know if I can use the controller via it being wired? I'll only ever use it on my PC, and wired it the only way it would be connected.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You can, but it shouldn't need it if you are running a modern OS. It should connect automatically wirelessly or at worst buy a $10-15 dongle which hasn't mattered since xbox one or earlier afaik.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can, but it shouldn't need it if you are running a modern OS. It should connect automatically wirelessly or at worst buy a $10-15 dongle which hasn't mattered since xbox one or earlier afaik.
I prefer wired connections. I'll grab one tomorrow.

Vorph

If you're going to be using it wired all the time I'd just get a PowerA Fusion Pro 2, since being wired only is pretty much its only drawback. I have one (and the Switch version) and they're excellent controllers for vastly less money. Haven't had any of the QA issues that people always talk about with the Elites either.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah if you are using it wired i'd grab a third party instead. I've been using an elite 2 since it released (and 2 elite 1s before that) and am happy but a LOT of people have reported quality problems and drift issues with the elite 2. Its also about time for an elite 3 to release this year.

definitely get a third party that has paddles on the back though, they are pretty amazing for specific games